You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jbonjour9

Maximum wait time 5 mins...LIES! :)

28 comments in this topic

[HSD]
Members
321 posts
9,804 battles

You are in a CV, until another CV of the same tier comes along you will be stuck in Queue. 

Just because it says there are 2 CVs in queue doesn’t mean the second is compatible (same tier) as yours.

• Cool 1

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles

Yah, CV.

You'll wait literally for days until another, same tier, CV shows up.

Edited by yacskn

[78TH]
Members
99 posts
4,732 battles

Sad day...i gave up and went and played the musashi, honestly i barely play the essex anymore :Smile_sad:

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
11 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:

Sad day...i gave up and went and played the musashi, honestly i barely play the essex anymore :Smile_sad:

You'll have more chance if you go with either the Lexington or the Midway.

No one plays T9 CVs anymore.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
43 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:

The lies are real! That's not 5 mins!!!

It's because you're on Canadian time.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,625 posts
10,955 battles

We should go back to the days of 2CV vs 1CV, 1CV vs 0CV and T9CV vs T8CV :cap_book:

j/k

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,995 battles

All you had to do is jump out before five minutes and then jump back in. It is not rocket science. 
Waiting 2 long will usually  result in a skewed match for 3 or less people per side.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,778 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

We should go back to the days of 2CV vs 1CV, 1CV vs 0CV and T9CV vs T8CV :cap_book:

j/k

Don't you mean when TWO Strike Midway's or TWO Hakuryu's would divi up and the other side would end up with NO CV's? :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,387 battles

Unicum CV player smashes potato CV player  =  Potato CV player usually gives up  =  No CV games for unicum CV player = Win for everyone else

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
1 hour ago, Crusin_Custard said:

All you had to do is jump out before five minutes and then jump back in. It is not rocket science. 
Waiting 2 long will usually  result in a skewed match for 3 or less people per side.

One cruiser and one battleship on each side in an Epicentre match can get very adrenaline-pumpy.  Even more fun when your battleship is a Gneisenau (3 x 2 guns) and the other side's is a Lyon (4 x 4). (Fortunately my cruiser was a Pensacola and the other side's a Fiji; he got blapped by 8-inch AP fairly quickly and we were able to team up to sink the Lyon. No worries about coming in the top three there!)

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,145 posts
13,521 battles

I see the 30 second wait time limit run long in co op but I haven't seen this in random

[SAA]
Members
915 posts
28,025 battles

You are a CV, I hope you wait until hell freezes over before you get a match, or at least when I am done playing.  Dam sky cancer.  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
4,927 posts
5,713 battles

Stop. Sitting. In. Queue. For. More. Than. 5. Minutes. In. High. Tier. CVs!

Please.

Players are just causing tiny, unbalanced matches to happen because MM freaks out when a ship is in queue for more than five minutes. So as soon as another eligible CV enters the queue, MM grabs what's available and makes a game. It's a waste of time for everyone involved, CVs included.

It's so simple to hit the 'leave Queue' button before the counter hits 4 or 5 minutes, then re-queue for a match.

• Bad 1

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

I dont trust the players within your range display at all, ive been like, one of 4 showing up and getting into an almost full same tier game, ive also seen it have way more than enough for a full, balanced, game displaying but wait and wait and wait and drop me in a 8v8. I wish they kept the old queue screen which showed exactly how many ships of every tier were in the queue.

Members
19,036 posts
5,351 battles
53 minutes ago, Elysion said:

ive also seen it have way more than enough for a full, balanced, game displaying but wait and wait and wait and drop me in a 8v8. 

All the queue shows is how many players are in your range. If you queue up with a T7, the queue shows you all the ships from T5-T9, so it's not really useful.

Would definitely be better to show ships in queue by tier.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,823 posts
5,850 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Please.

Players are just causing tiny, unbalanced matches to happen because MM freaks out when a ship is in queue for more than five minutes. So as soon as another eligible CV enters the queue, MM grabs what's available and makes a game. It's a waste of time for everyone involved, CVs included.

It's so simple to hit the 'leave Queue' button before the counter hits 4 or 5 minutes, then re-queue for a match.

This.  CV's need to be exempted from the 5 min rule because of the mirroring requirements.

• Cool 1

[78TH]
Members
99 posts
4,732 battles
6 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

lol this didnt work as i tried it 3 times after this picture. "all you had to do" my [edited] :fish_palm:

[78TH]
Members
99 posts
4,732 battles
2 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Please.

again leaving que and starting over just screws the cv player over cause they have to wait longer. go away. xD

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
756 posts
4,396 battles
3 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:

again leaving que and starting over just screws the cv player over cause they have to wait longer. go away. xD

No it doesn't. I'm a CV main and it really doesn't.

By waiting in que, you actually screw everybody else over, getting screwed MM.
At that also screws yourself over, with less interesting gameplay, less ships to fight etc.

I'm sorry but, just simply stop sitting in que past 5 minutes.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,123 battles
4 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I see the 30 second wait time limit run long in co op but I haven't seen this in random

Yep, I was gonna suggest he play Co-op if he is that attached to CV play. He will be playing the same ship as his and will be in-game fairly quickly. 

[78TH]
Members
99 posts
4,732 battles
3 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

At that also screws yourself over, with less interesting gameplay, less ships to fight etc.

eh i dissagree :)

1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

Yep, I was gonna suggest he play Co-op if he is that attached to CV play. He will be playing the same ship as his and will be in-game fairly quickly. 

and im not a dedicated cv player at all, gosh the post was mostly for humor hence all the emotes etc. and you guys take it to far :cap_fainting:

[78TH]
Members
99 posts
4,732 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

It's because you're on Canadian time.

OH and this was the best post yet made me smile lol. you guys should take note! he got the humor i was trying to achieve :Smile_great:

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
756 posts
4,396 battles
6 minutes ago, jbonjour9 said:
11 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

eh i dissagree :)

You can disagree all you like, but that doesn't change fact.

Queuing over 5minutes changes the matchmaker.
Meaning it will force a match as quickly as possible instead of waiting at most an extra 30 seconds if you leave the que.
Instead, you'll end up in games like 5v5's with normally all ships being a higher tier.

You're screwing yourself. But also other players in your game. There's, a reason I report CV's who do that. Saying that it's normally exclusive with them playing Poorly. :Smile-_tongue:

[JUGS]
Beta Testers
1,374 posts
15,326 battles
7 hours ago, jbonjour9 said:

The lies are real! That's not 5 mins!!! :fish_nerv:

shot-18.06.11_00.32.01-0963.jpg

While it's off topic, can someone explain exactly what the numbers "18/87" means for "Players within your range"?    For example, is "18" the number of players in tier IX ships or the total number of players in all ships from tier VII to tier X?  And is the "87" the total number of players in all tiers in the queue, or is it some other range?   Thx.