Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

Windows 10 mouse issue.

12 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles

Okay having finally installed the game I have two issues with Win 10:

1. Mouse cursor movement even on a deboosted sensitivity razer mouse, (minimum speed in both game and on the mouse) when I hold control to select targets for my secondaries or AA the mouse goes ape-nuts crazy and FAST.

2. When doing so, via holding control, the mouse cursor is super dark and difficult to see.

Halp?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,875 posts
11,405 battles

Do you have the ability to change dpi settings on the fly with the mouse, knowing what mouse you have would help, and if it's a razor one, have you installed any software that you can DL from their website, for this mouse

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Do you have the ability to change dpi settings on the fly with the mouse, knowing what mouse you have would help, and if it's a razor one, have you installed any software that you can DL from their website, for this mouse

Yes, and yes. It's at its lowest setting 800 dpi and it was still goin crazy. I've since set the windows mouse speed to absolute minimum and see whats up.

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
2,916 battles
15 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Okay having finally installed the game I have two issues with Win 10:

1. Mouse cursor movement even on a deboosted sensitivity razer mouse, (minimum speed in both game and on the mouse) when I hold control to select targets for my secondaries or AA the mouse goes ape-nuts crazy and FAST.

2. When doing so, via holding control, the mouse cursor is super dark and difficult to see.

Halp?

Check your settings in the windows hardware panel.  I had trouble with it and looked in there to find that winblows had a conflict between the mouse and keyboard on programmable mice and keyboards.  For me, control functions were also tied into the mouse (left mouse thumb button) and when I hit it the computer/game would have fits.  Check that as one of your first things.  Criminal also has good points as the program for the mouse to set commands may help out a lot on conflicts.  Make sure that is updated.  The third thing to check is your actual WoW settings and make sure there isn't a conflict between 3rd party programmable keyboards/mice and what WoW has set.  After getting my own conflict resolved on the mouse, the only problem I still have is when setting waypoints for CV aircraft on the map.  It still doesn't like to actually set them when clicked but that may be more of a server/computer comm problem then a mouse problem.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles
2 minutes ago, IronStumpjumper said:

Check your settings in the windows hardware panel.  I had trouble with it and looked in there to find that winblows had a conflict between the mouse and keyboard on programmable mice and keyboards.  For me, control functions were also tied into the mouse (left mouse thumb button) and when I hit it the computer/game would have fits.  Check that as one of your first things.  Criminal also has good points as the program for the mouse to set commands may help out a lot on conflicts.  Make sure that is updated.  The third thing to check is your actual WoW settings and make sure there isn't a conflict between 3rd party programmable keyboards/mice and what WoW has set.  After getting my own conflict resolved on the mouse, the only problem I still have is when setting waypoints for CV aircraft on the map.  It still doesn't like to actually set them when clicked but that may be more of a server/computer comm problem then a mouse problem.

Windows hardware panel? o.O

Also, razer gets autoupdated.. so no issue there I wouldnt think.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,875 posts
11,405 battles

In mouse properties under pointer options have you set the motion speed, also enhance pointer precision 

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

In mouse properties under pointer options have you set the motion speed, also enhance pointer precision 

Ah I just searched for mouse, which was where I had set the scroll speed as per earlier.

It's apparently solved it.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,875 posts
11,405 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Ah I just searched for mouse, which was where I had set the scroll speed as per earlier.

Good job then, glad its working for you, that will be $549.95 for consultation charges with 25 % tax to be included, and a gummy bear

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,086 posts
4,429 battles

I'm fresh out of money and still dealing with insurance claim from the lightning strike so.. take an IOU and get in line lol

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,875 posts
11,405 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

I'm fresh out of money and still dealing with insurance claim from the lightning strike so.. take an IOU and get in line lol

Done!, but the gummy bear is not to be licked by anyone, no tasting first.

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
2,916 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Windows hardware panel? o.O

Also, razer gets autoupdated.. so no issue there I wouldnt think.

Go into the makeshift "start menu" go down to Windows System-> control panel-> hardware.  It should have an option for checking your Razor program settings under Mouse.  But you can ignore that part for now, go into device and printers and check to see how many mice/keyboards that Winblows has installed.  There have been a few times where I had 3 mice or keyboards showing when I went into specific settings programmed for games.  You don't want that as it causes conflicts.  Find out which one is your actual installed mouse and delete the others.  Second part is to go back one screen and check out device manager.  This one is trickier as Winblows may consider 1 mouse usb to be 2 or three depending on how much you can configure the mouse.  For my Razor, it shows up as two with no problems (Razor mouse and Windows USB mouse due to how I have it set.)  If you have 3 or more mice showing, remove the drivers for all 3 then reboot and allow the system to reinstall.

Last option is to to go into if those fail is to go back to the control panel and go to System and Security then events viewer.  Next time you play a game, notate the time that the problem pops up.  When the game is over, check your event log for that time period.  It should show any system errors that are produced by your hardware.  Other then that, I don't know other then a conflict in game.  As to keeping your razor software auto updated, sometimes that isn't a good thing.  Newer versions may have unforeseen bugs that don't pop up until specific situations are encountered.  I usually manually update 4-5 days after it comes out to head off problems.

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
2,916 battles
13 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Congrats on getting it solved.

Sign in to follow this