You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KSN

What's Your Most Memorable Moment in World of Warships?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,044 posts
8,217 battles

This is now my most memorable moment in World of Warships:

Today I hit the 50% Win Rate I was aiming for.  When I decided to take Win Rates seriously, I was at 45% WR with over 4k Battles in Random. 

I've learned A LOT, I've been forced to change my thinking on how to play, adopt better strategies and tactics, broaden my perspective of the map and the way the team deploys; I've chosen to try to understand the game at a much deeper level than pressing BATTLE and hoping for the best.

It's been a heavy learning curve, and a long road... but I made it, and things are only looking up from here!

Thanks to everyone that I've played with and against, whom I remember and do not - Thank you for being part of this community. I look forward to our future battles and improving even more in this game of ours.

HIT 50 PERCENT WR.PNG

• Cool 8

Members
3,774 posts
8,495 battles

Not too sure but I love it when I get to delete toxic players from the game lol.

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles

Getting to be a Corgi Captain on the final Corgi Event was my most memorable time in the game. Felt so awesome!

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
2,017 posts
13,515 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Getting to be a Corgi Captain on the final Corgi Event was my most memorable time in the game. Felt so awesome!

^^^^^ Me too. Nothing can compare to the final Corgi event, it was for me a test of how many games i can do in the short time frame. I finally ended with 150 match in my corgi account. I would do it again in a heart beat.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
399 posts
4,578 battles

I have memorable moments all the time but then a bad thing happens and that's mostly what I remember.

[SPTR]
Members
25,997 posts
11,469 battles

Killing every enemy in a previous rank match long ago in my Dunkerque, I secured the last kill with a ram.

[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

^^^^^ Me too. Nothing can compare to the final Corgi event, it was for me a test of how many games i can do in the short time frame. I finally ended with 150 match in my corgi account. I would do it again in a heart beat.

Yeah and I had made up my mind that if an enemy player wanted to sink me they were going to have to work for it! So I fought hard, but stay on 1st and second lines of the battle. I did of course get sunk good number of times, but the players that managed to sink me had to sail over their sinking comrades to do it lol. So anyone who sank me certainly earned their rewards. And Graf Spee was often used since “Pocket Battleships” were easier for my Corgi crews to sail lol. I often would tell fun jokes that would get both teams laughing such as “ Abandon ship! We are sinking, all dog treats into life rafts and all crew dog paddle to shore!”

There was the fun time on The Big Race map doing the time we had to use low tier DDs that I came facecloth to face with enemy Corgi player and we awkwardly sailed past each other carefully since damaging other Corgi Captains was frowned on unless we were final 2 players left in battle, and this was early match.

I proudly still sail under my Corgi Fleet Jolly Roger Flag ever since that event. :Smile_Default:

And must say getting to try ships I might never be able to use ever again like Harekaze was a treat as well.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
733 posts
19,796 battles

It's a split between sinking Flamu and taking out 7 ships in Clan Battles in the course of a single fight.  Both were pretty epic.  Close second was my 350k plus Hinde game.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,153 posts
4,400 battles

Sinking myself in a Carrier

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,882 posts
11,536 battles

Playing with friends and having a laugh when we snatched the win from what should of been an obvious loss

[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,790 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I'll have to ditto that -- it was sure a lot of fun.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

My memorable moment was when I realized I really didn't feel like playing anymore since it was just the same old thing over and over again. It was a great realization since I could spend my free time doing things I found more fun and could spend my disposable income on things that brought me joy.  Turning from a Whale to a "Welfare Warrior" was a big step and now I only play an hour or so a day when I feel like playing. 

• Cool 1

Members
507 posts
12,787 battles

Most memorable moment for me was very early on after the game went live. In those days the MM considered all tier 10 ships equal for match making and my tier 10 Shimikaze was considered equal to the enemy Midway. The MM also did not balance CVs per side. We did not have a cv and the midway and I were the only tier 10s in the match. The CV player was one of the best and we all assumed it would be a roll over.

I went north on the iceberg map and spotted an enemy BB sailing north as well. I had the 20 km wall of skill, so I launched 2 tubes on the target and one launcher assuming he would turn away. I forgot about those torpedoes as I jockeyed myself into a position to fire my reload around some rocks. After a couple of minutes I got torpedo hit indicators and then a devastating strike reward, followed by another devastating strike. I looked at the top of the screen and saw that the red Midway sailed into my shot and I sank him and the BB with one salvo.

Turned the game around instantly and the moment really stood out with me.

• Cool 1

Members
55 posts
2,399 battles

Finding myself caught close up in a classic pincer by two DD's in my North Carolina, and managing to sink them both without taking a single torpedo. The WASD hack is for real.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,933 posts
5,426 battles

Getting a double strike in my Scharnhorst, then the very next game getting TRIPLE strike... (if there had been such an award.). The game only gave me another doublestrike.

Brawling FTW!

[SF-E]
Members
523 posts
6,634 battles

I have 4.

First, there was a damage competition in the t7 Hatsuharu back in the day.  It started on a Friday at 1700 local time.  I got off work at 1630, went home and played a Hatsuharu match that landed me the 6th highest damage in the world.  This record still stands since the Hatsuharu is no longer t7.  I thought for sure I had won the competition and earned a free premium of my choice (which I had already decided was going to be the Tirpitz).  Sadly, the match didn't count.  It wasn't within the required start time :(

Second one was in the Kiev back when Soviet DDs were brand new.  I was a bit reckless back then and played hyper aggressive, charging down CAs to yolo torp them for example.  In one case, I managed to get within about 3 or 4 KM of a Pepsicola when it turned to show broadside.  I swapped to AP, and all 6 shells landed for citadel hits, giving me a devastating strike.  Dev strike from DD AP...  who'd of thunk it?

Third one was similar.  I recently got a dev strike in my Khaba from AP only.  I saw a Neptune camping in smoke, so I rushed it down.  Opened up at about 4 KM, and got a dev strike.  It took two vollies, but something about a 3 second rule?

Third, I managed a Khaba match with 6,107 base exp (after 50% from premium).  Still, even after removing the 50% bonus, that is 4,071 base showing on the scoreboard at the end of the match.  At the time, it was the second highest in the world.

Edited by Tembin

[WOLFB]
Members
647 posts
23,310 battles

sinking ichase in a Stalingrad and my solo warrior (sank the last 4 enemy ships)

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,059 battles

I have 2 actually, but both were in the same ship.

My first 200k game and my first solo warrior. Both of which were in the New Mexico.

Wish I would have kept the Solo Warrior SS as my achievements only show the last one received and that was in a DD, but here is my 200k match from long ago.

5b1df6b46426f_NewMex200kMain.thumb.jpg.011e280f41154cb6ce6c96a5fb7368bd.jpg

5b1df721c2735_NewMex200kTeam.thumb.jpg.b56bdd9962c8feea6c8bdda1a1cf5ca5.jpg

5b1df71bab104_NewMex200kDetail.thumb.jpg.46705bfd25f53b6e1b72cce21f1f2b6e.jpg

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
2,916 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

Sinking myself in a Carrier

How the heck did you do that?  Torp spread trying to protect yourself?  If so, you're not the only one.  One torp into an enemy cruiser to sink it and 4 into me before the changes in team damage.

[PIRAT]
Members
81 posts
2,916 battles

In a New Mexico during a co-op map while learning to play it.  Came around an island and was face to face with a dd and 2 light cruisers (thought there was only 1 light there.)  Fired HE and took out one of the light cruisers, ran the DD over, and before I sank from flooding I rammed the second light resulting in both of us going down.  Total time roughly 15 seconds.  I still feel good about adding new structures to the sea floor for ocean reefs....

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
882 posts
7,417 battles

Finally figuring out how to hit a ship's citadel on purpose, back in CBT, whilst in a close-in gun/torpedo duel with an enemy Tenryuu in my Clemson.

More recently, jousting an enemy Iowa in my Alsace, and dropping him from +50K hp to nothing in the pass in one salvo.

Edited by sulghunter331