woundedwarriorproject

MAC - Crash critical error indicates "Windows 7"?

10 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
3,390 battles

Game freezing a lot when I mouse click on "Back to Port" or when the screen changes from queue to the beginning of a battle.  One thing I noticed is the critical error log shows "Windows 7" for my OS, but I'm running OS X 10.12.6.  Anyone experience this?  Any other "click crashes" out there?

My system info is attached, as well as the latest critical report.

critical error.jpg

image.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles

I am not a Mac person but at a guess the wrapper or that part of it is W7 based and emulates Windows calls and registry.

• Cool 1

[NOBUL]
Members
335 posts
3,661 battles

Hello all.

When playing WoWs on a Mac without using Bootcamp, you are using a Windows emulator to play the game.

As with the crashing...that's because of memory leak. Here's something that may help:

Please let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Rpkscout1

Members
13 posts
3,390 battles
On 6/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, BrushWolf said:

I am not a Mac person but at a guess the wrapper or that part of it is W7 based and emulates Windows calls and registry.

I created a ticket and WG sent me to Code Weavers, who provides the (emulating ?) code.  Code Weavers says its a known memory leak issue, and that their emulator is only 32 bit, and that they do have a 64 bit version ready but WG has not given them the "okay" to release.  Guess I'll go the Boot Camp route as I have no desire to buy/build a Windows machine.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
4 minutes ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

I created a ticket and WG sent me to Code Weavers, who provides the (emulating ?) code.  Code Weavers says its a known memory leak issue, and that their emulator is only 32 bit, and that they do have a 64 bit version ready but WG has not given them the "okay" to release.  Guess I'll go the Boot Camp route as I have no desire to buy/build a Windows machine.

Yeah it has been an ongoing issue. I fully expect the day to come when WoWS is unplayable on a Mac. The Code Weavers people are great, they really do good work and should be commended. I tried Boot Camp and it worked ok, not great, still got lock up and crashes, all Windows related so I went back to using Wineskin. I found Windows just always was wanting to do something in the background, very annoying. The way I deal with the "memory leak" problem is to play a PvP match, then play as many co-op games as I feel like, then exit the program and restart it before playing more PvP. Something about PvP and playing the OPs always crashes the computer but it almost never happens in co-op play. I think it has something to do with rendering all the enemy ships, seems to be when the "memory leak" crashes the computer. IMHO just play the game the best you can, restart the game often, and just don't spend any money on the game. Mac users are a minority of players and Wargaming lacks either the will or the ability to make a Mac version of the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
10 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah it has been an ongoing issue. I fully expect the day to come when WoWS is unplayable on a Mac. The Code Weavers people are great, they really do good work and should be commended. I tried Boot Camp and it worked ok, not great, still got lock up and crashes, all Windows related so I went back to using Wineskin. I found Windows just always was wanting to do something in the background, very annoying. The way I deal with the "memory leak" problem is to play a PvP match, then play as many co-op games as I feel like, then exit the program and restart it before playing more PvP. Something about PvP and playing the OPs always crashes the computer but it almost never happens in co-op play. I think it has something to do with rendering all the enemy ships, seems to be when the "memory leak" crashes the computer. IMHO just play the game the best you can, restart the game often, and just don't spend any money on the game. Mac users are a minority of players and Wargaming lacks either the will or the ability to make a Mac version of the game.

That day is coming if I remember the news correctly that Apple is going to stop using Intel CPU's which will make Boot Camp nonviable.

Members
37 posts
3,489 battles

Seems to be worse since the last update.  Four crashes in a row in a single game today.   Asking for help - outisde other Mac users - seems to be  waste of time.  

:(