You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
von_25

Just a question of experience?

11 comments in this topic

[IJAG]
Members
13 posts
5,978 battles

I'm not sure how mm works for new players and here is why.  I got a new player into the game and the next time I saw them they said they liked the game but were having trouble. Their main complaints were just trying to understand what to do(we were all there at one time)  and the slow speed of the ships in the very low tiers. Here is were things got interesting.  I gave them my best 30 minute on how to play the game and then said why don't I log on to your account and get you a couple of tier 3 and 4 ships so you can see what play is like with better ships. The answer was great and they would take it from there. So I logged on and picked US dds and cruisers and and played some random games just to get them them at a better starting place. When I played these games almost all players on both teams were bots and I thought what is up with this. In a few games I earned the ships that that they needed and called them and said have fun call me if you need advice. After this I logged on to my account took out a tier 2 dd just as an experiment. Guess what both teams were all real players and even had 2 div on each team. So my question to all of you does wows make it easier for a new player at very low tier to play randoms or was this just a lack of players at that time?

[O_O]
Members
5,245 posts
12,034 battles

Your friend had Co-op games selected on his account.  You have Random games selected on your account.

New players can only play co-op until they reach a certain player level, although that level is pretty low.  I think it only takes a few games before Random games are available.  He probably just hasn't tried selecting Random game mode, yet.

[0456]
Members
3,083 posts
8,631 battles

I had a friend playing and he made it to tier VI before he realized there was an alternate battle interface that you could set to leave on... Needless to say that changed his life. I can't imagine how many people are struggling with that in silence wondering how it is that they're getting their [edited]handed to them. 

[IJAG]
Members
13 posts
5,978 battles

I would agree with the only coop but I selected random on his account and there were real players on both teams . After the games I looked at the 2 or 3 players that I thought were real they all had profiles and the others did not also most of the player names had a : in front and back of their name. I know this is not really important but It just made me wonder what was going on.

[TBW]
Members
7,883 posts
14,400 battles

I played probably 500 battles before I even knew you could zoom out. I played from the front guns view.

[YORHA]
Members
4,243 posts
7,501 battles

For very new players even PVP is mostly against bots.  As he progresses there will be more humans and less bots until he will be facing only people.

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles

i think new players are limited to only facing other new players in the lower tiers based on number of battles or account level.  If there are not enough new players, the roster is filled with bots.  I believe it is 100 battles.

Account Level 3

Random_battle_wows.png

Experience required to advance to next level: 1,250
Reward for achieving this level: 500,000Credits

Account Level 3 allows players to queue up in Random Battles, earning experience and credits faster than before. In Random Battles, players will find themselves battling other players as opposed to the computer-controlled bots they previously fought in Co-Op Battles.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

"Improved matchmaker for newcomers on low levels for players whose account level is under 11 and who participate in tier 1-4 battles. Before the change, matchmaker for newcomers was used for players whose account level is under 8 and who participate in tier 1-3 battles. The change is aimed at making the game more comfortable for newcomers."

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-0-6-13/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[HINON]
Members
11,038 posts
7 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

i think new players are limited to only facing other new players in the lower tiers based on number of battles or account level.  If there are not enough new players, the roster is filled with bots.  I believe it is 100 battles.

Account Level 3

Random_battle_wows.png

Experience required to advance to next level: 1,250
Reward for achieving this level: 500,000Credits

Account Level 3 allows players to queue up in Random Battles, earning experience and credits faster than before. In Random Battles, players will find themselves battling other players as opposed to the computer-controlled bots they previously fought in Co-Op Battles.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

It can also be triggered by a certain account level or their first t5 match iirc.

Edited by RipNuN2

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,893 battles
39 minutes ago, von_25 said:

I'm not sure how mm works for new players and here is why.  I got a new player into the game and the next time I saw them they said they liked the game but were having trouble. Their main complaints were just trying to understand what to do(we were all there at one time)  and the slow speed of the ships in the very low tiers. Here is were things got interesting.  I gave them my best 30 minute on how to play the game and then said why don't I log on to your account and get you a couple of tier 3 and 4 ships so you can see what play is like with better ships. The answer was great and they would take it from there. So I logged on and picked US dds and cruisers and and played some random games just to get them them at a better starting place. When I played these games almost all players on both teams were bots and I thought what is up with this. In a few games I earned the ships that that they needed and called them and said have fun call me if you need advice. After this I logged on to my account took out a tier 2 dd just as an experiment. Guess what both teams were all real players and even had 2 div on each team. So my question to all of you does wows make it easier for a new player at very low tier to play randoms or was this just a lack of players at that time?

New players only play games against other new players...

so someone who is rerolling can usually clean house on really new players.   Some random battles are just 1 player on a team with 7 other bots.   So whichever human can kill the other human usually wins the game.

the problem with you playing his account to get him some higher tier ships is that he doesn’t get the benefit of learning some game mechanics when it’s really forgiving for him to make mistakes.   So when you hand him back his account, with higher tier ships. He gets thrown right in to normal matchmaking facing seal clubbers in tiers 3 and 4 with 19 point captains and fully upgaded ships and consumables. and then if it wasn’t fun for him at tiers 2 against bots in random battles with protected matchmaking, it really won’t  be fun against the clubbers.

[IJAG]
Members
13 posts
5,978 battles

Glad I only played enough to get him started so he will have some easy games to learn on. If I can keep his interest then we will be able to play divisions and have some fun around the tier 4 level as he learns. You guys comments really do show a problem learning the game. Unless someone is there to help you a lot of things are just trial and error. I am not talking about how to play in battle but things like selling off unused items in inventory and many of the semi hidden parts of the game. Thanks for the help as usual in the forum.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,121 posts

Players are protected until account level 11 and tier 4. Because of the relatively low numbers of new players, they often see bots in random.