Mongo_Monkey

Account Reset?

16 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
2,039 battles

The game was tons of fun until got to tier V, now I have Jianwei.  It's so awful that I'm stuck, I can't damage anything, and I got 1 shotted in 13 battles in a row by the first thing that shot at me.  I only get 200-300 xp per battle, which means that I'll need close to 200 battles to get to the next tier.  I have a 15% win rate with Jianwei, which means that something else is wrong with the game since even if I went afk every time it should be higher than that.   So is there a way to reset my account?

Edited by Professor_Jumbo
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,204 posts

Try a different line.  Try playing on a different time of day.

Play ships you have fun with.  Sounds to me like you've reached a point where it's not fun. 

DON'T play when it's not fun.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,842 posts
11,605 battles

With only 17 matches in that ship it is quite possible to have a 15% WR in it. DD's are not the easiest ships in the game to play and the PA DD's are harder because they cannot torp other DD's and they are not as good being gunboats as the US & German DD's are. As AVR said consider going up a different countries ships, I would suggest German or US cruisers, to get more seasoned in the game and don't be in a hurry to level up, the game gets harder as you climb up the tiers.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
2,039 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

Try a different line.  Try playing on a different time of day.

Play ships you have fun with.  Sounds to me like you've reached a point where it's not fun. 

DON'T play when it's not fun.

Yeah, it's not fun anymore and I can't play a new line since I have no ship slots left,  I can't level up to where I can sell my ships.  I've been stuck at 19,933 account xp for the last 20 battles, if I could get to lvl 13 I could sell all my PA ships and start over.  But apparently I'm locked out of getting anymore account xp.  That's why  I need to reset

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
Just now, Professor_Jumbo said:

Yeah, it's not fun anymore and I can't play a new line since I have no ship slots left,  I can't level up to where I can sell my ships.  I've been stuck at 19,933 account xp for the last 20 battles, if I could get to lvl 13 I could sell all my PA ships and start over.  But apparently I'm locked out of getting anymore account xp.  That's why  I need to reset

Sell some ships, you can always buy them back later. Be patient on the account levels, 14 and 15 take a bit longer to get to. Hang in there, this is a good game. It has its warts but any game does but it takes time to get a handle on it.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
2,039 battles

I can't sell ships.  I'm level 12.  You can't sell ships until level 13.  I can't get to level 13 since I seem to be locked out of ever getting more account xp.  Been locked at 19,933 xp for 20 battles now.

[O_O]
Members
5,245 posts
12,019 battles

I have read about this.  I think you are experiencing the dreaded PEBKAC issue.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
4 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

I can't sell ships.  I'm level 12.  You can't sell ships until level 13.  I can't get to level 13 since I seem to be locked out of ever getting more account xp.  Been locked at 19,933 xp for 20 battles now.

I see the issue while you can put in a ticket to support explaining that you are stuck your best option might be to simply make a new account, play the German or US cruisers, and let this one rot.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
2,039 battles

So I just restarted the app and did the glitch checker thing and it gave me all the missing xp, so I'm good now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
34 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

So I just restarted the app and did the glitch checker thing and it gave me all the missing xp, so I'm good now.

Ah, the display bug. It happens from time to time, just restart the game when you run into it.

[PSV]
Members
159 posts
12,015 battles

The problem isn't the ship. Please try to put some time into learning the destroyer class and you will do better.

[SYN]
Members
3,495 posts
17,657 battles

I think you are being far too aggressive in your Jianwei and at tier 5 you start seeing T7 ships that can easily punish a wayward DD,

There are lots of good guides on youtube and on the forums so take some time to look at those at pick up tips.

Watch Flamu's vid particularly how he positions the ship

Edited by Camo68

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
11 minutes ago, CptJackSparrowed said:

The problem isn't the ship. Please try to put some time into learning the destroyer class and you will do better.

We told him that but he is a new player and DD's are a lot harder to play than cruisers or BB's.

[LOU1]
Members
3,678 posts
10,000 battles

Especially difficult to learn on would be a DD that can't torp other DDs.  Other DD players can sail up and blow the Jianwei out of the water with their torps while only taking a few hits.  That was a major part of the reason I put that line aside for a while.  I would be trying to contest (escape) a cap with several enemy ships and a DD would wiggle through and torp me.  Or, I would be so focused on dealing with the DD that a CA/CL would zap me.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,842 posts
11,605 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Especially difficult to learn on would be a DD that can't torp other DDs.  Other DD players can sail up and blow the Jianwei out of the water with their torps while only taking a few hits.  That was a major part of the reason I put that line aside for a while.  I would be trying to contest (escape) a cap with several enemy ships and a DD would wiggle through and torp me.  Or, I would be so focused on dealing with the DD that a CA/CL would zap me.

DD's that are not very good gunboats at that which is why AVR and myself suggested switching lines.

[STW-D]
Members
206 posts

Professor Jumbo --

Looking at your stats, you started World of Warships, and decided to go down the Pan-Asia destroyer line as your first ships.  Nothing wrong with that, though the PanAsian destroyers can be a tricky ship to learn -- moreso than the Japanese destroyers (torpedo) or American & Russian (gunboats).  PanAsian DDs have nice guns, and low detection torps that cannot hit DDs.

Also, and more importantly, as a new player, you have had 'protected matchmaking' up until you researched your first tier 5 ship.  (also called the 'sandbox' for new players)  Your random games prior to tier 5 were a few human new players on each side, with the rest of both teams made up with bots.  Once researching your first ship in tier 5, you now have all experienced players, no bots, on both sides.  It makes it much harder, challenging, and eventually, more fun too.

My suggestion to you is go back to your tier 4 DD - the Shenyang.  When you had it before, you were in protected matchmaking.  Now, you will be with the general player population -- so those games will be a lot different than you remember.  Also your tier 4 ship will see only tiers 3, 4 and 5 -- Your Jianwei can see ships tiers 4, 5, 6, and 7.  (and there are a lot of good players tier 7 and up -- more capable ships too with tricks like radar, etc.)

Continue to play the tier 4 game until you're more comfortable with your boats.  Maybe try some other lines as well, up to tier 4, to understand how your DDs target behave.

Good Luck!