You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

How Many AFK Matches does it Take to Turn Orange.

51 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,312 posts
9,608 battles

Just did a test on the PT inspired by the now locked and nuked thread where a self entitled twit claimed he got it to 48 matches.

Well in my test this is what I got.

First match = Warning

Second match = 3 matches pink

Third match = 6 matches pink

Forth match = 8 matches pink

Fifth match = ta da 11 matches orange.

During the 7.4 PT I did do some team damage testing so the PT system may have remembered me but this feels about right. If you start having computer or internet problems while playing logging off might be a good idea while you fix the issue if it is on your end.

Since phase two is not a reset it looks like I will have to be nice for a few matches when it hits.

• Cool 12

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Just did a test on the PT inspired by the now locked and nuked thread where a self entitled twit claimed he got it to 48 matches.

First match = Warning

During the 7.4 PT I did do some team damage testing so the PT system may have remembered me but this feels about right. If you start having computer or internet problems while playing logging off might be a good idea while you fix the issue if it is on your end.

Since phase two is not a reset it looks like I will have to be nice for a few matches when it hits.

Good to know, but over what time period does this hold? if it covers a week or a month, that might seem fairly severe to the average player.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

Brush thanks for the information, good to see someone doing the dirty work to inform the players. Great job! 

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,312 posts
9,608 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Good to know, but over what time period does this hold? if it covers a week or a month, that might seem fairly severe to the average player.

No way to know from the PT and I am not going to do it on the live server, I did this in co-op in tier 1 since there are few people there on the PT and even then I got a few matches with other players so then I made sure we had a good lead, I let them know why I was leaving and at least we know about that end of the system. I am going to guess that it will take at least a day if not a week of clean play, no more than occasional paint swapping, per match of pink/orange to have them clear form your history.

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles

I took a few weeks off after an atrocious losing streak and came back yesterday. Today I had two dialed-in losses with a Moskva and a Yamato afk. There  must be a way to solve this as these losses are not just egregious, they are a waste of time and energy. Kick them off after 3 mins and bring in a bot, auto record them as afk.

• Cool 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
53 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I took a few weeks off after an atrocious losing streak and came back yesterday. Today I had two dialed-in losses with a Moskva and a Yamato afk. There  must be a way to solve this as these losses are not just egregious, they are a waste of time and energy. Kick them off after 3 mins and bring in a bot, auto record them as afk.

This. The server knows if you're not connected. If you come back from a disconnect the bot can drop back out.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
498 posts
7,389 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

First match = Warning

Good work thanks that was very clever . +1

Members
3,579 posts
7,011 battles
2 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

This. The server knows if you're not connected. If you come back from a disconnect the bot can drop back out.

Yes, I'm not blaming anyone for being afk I should have added, I would just like to see these lop-sided battles corrected.

Members
1,543 posts
506 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

First match = Warning

that guy was something else wasn't he....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,249 posts
4,942 battles

Interesting experiment and information you compiled. I'd wondered what the threshold was for orange thanks for your efforts!

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,744 posts
3,738 battles

Now this is much better than that other hideous thread. Thank you for your experiments and information.

If it's not a reset on next phase, can't you just work it off now in Coop, before the next phase comes?

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,312 posts
9,608 battles
14 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Interesting experiment and information you compiled. I'd wondered what the threshold was for orange thanks for your efforts!

That was for afk, I will run it for tk's in part two.

12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Now this is much better than that other hideous thread. Thank you for your experiments and information.

If it's not a reset on next phase, can't you just work it off now in Coop, before the next phase comes?

Yeah and I have to work them off in co-op, I am orange, :Smile_bajan2: but I am also busy on the live server with the Indy missions even though I already have her.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,312 posts
9,608 battles
24 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

that guy was something else wasn't he....

You have a knack for understatement.

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles

I really doubt that WOWS wants players to know specific details on how the system works.  That would allow enterprising individuals to game the system.  

[STW-D]
Supertester
1,650 posts
5,511 battles
59 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I really doubt that WOWS wants players to know specific details on how the system works.  That would allow enterprising individuals to game the system.  

That's an odd statement, considering that WG is and has been publishing videos explaining game mechanics recently, pushing upcoming development notices to public FB and devblog locations, and sharing information with us publicly to a degree that far exceeds anything they've done in the past.

It's worth noting that while you have 11 games of penalty time (according to the excellent research done by Brushwolf), you do not have stay orange for 11 games.  At some point, you'll return to pink, wherein you can work off your remaining penalties in randoms again. The system isn't designed to punish accidents or one-offs. Good behaviour lifts the restrictions at a similar rate at which the penalties were accrued.

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles
Just now, InvalidKey said:

That's an odd statement, considering that WG is and has been publishing videos explaining game mechanics recently, pushing upcoming development notices to public FB and devblog locations, and sharing information with us generally to a degree that far exceeds anything they've done in the past.

It's worth noting that while you have 11 games of penalty time (according to the excellent research done by Brushwolf), you do not have stay orange for 11 games.  At some point, you'll return to pink, wherein you can work off your remaining penalties in randoms again. The system isn't designed to punish accidents or one-offs. Good behaviour lifts the restrictions at a similar rate at which you accrued the penalties.

Interesting comment and you may have misunderstood my concerns.  I have no issue with our understanding how the system works.  I am concerned with publishing the exact numbers required.  Just like why I understand the reason they don't publish the exact amount of damage required to turn pink.  In IT, I will willingly tell you the overall concept and mechanics of a security measure.  I will not tell you the exact thresholds.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,312 posts
9,608 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

22 minutes ago, InvalidKey said:

That's an odd statement, considering that WG is and has been publishing videos explaining game mechanics recently, pushing upcoming development notices to public FB and devblog locations, and sharing information with us publicly to a degree that far exceeds anything they've done in the past.

It's worth noting that while you have 11 games of penalty time (according to the excellent research done by Brushwolf), you do not have stay orange for 11 games.  At some point, you'll return to pink, wherein you can work off your remaining penalties in randoms again. The system isn't designed to punish accidents or one-offs. Good behaviour lifts the restrictions at a similar rate at which the penalties were accrued.

17 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Interesting comment and you may have misunderstood my concerns.  I have no issue with our understanding how the system works.  I am concerned with publishing the exact numbers required.  Just like why I understand the reason they don't publish the exact amount of damage required to turn pink.  In IT, I will willingly tell you the overall concept and mechanics of a security measure.  I will not tell you the exact thresholds.

They are very open about the games damage systems but they have been very quiet to the point of actually hiding the TK system which they tweak all the time and rarely put it in the patch notes. This part of the system though they don't seem to be trying to hide as even if people know how it works it will still accomplish its job of making people not leave matches or go AFK part way through.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
7,130 battles

i honestly do not get why people bother afk'ing after the change.  don't get me wrong... i entirely understand the reasons behind afk'ing, trying to have a satisfying game with these soul-sucking incompetents for teammates is nothing but an exercise in frustration; but since the change there's ways to accomplish the same thing and still save your sanity without having to suffer an (unjust) punishment just for not wishing to sacrifice your own enjoyment just so that these window-licking [edited] can have fun at your expense.

much easier to just suicide out of a match.  if you get a crapteam, just yolo to your death early.  you only spend a fraction more time in a match than if you'd afk'd plus there's no way to prove you weren't trying.  after all, you could be just as incompetent as the rest of your team... as these morons who prompt people to go afk prove, making stupid decisions that you know will get you killed early in a match isn't a punishable offense.

e.g. you get twin brothers and your entire team decides to lemming train to one side, leaving the other flank wide open and guaranteeing an eventual loss... just yolo down the mid.  you're dead and out of the match in almost as little time as if you'd just afk'd at the start and nobody can prove you were anything but as retarded as the rest of your team, and since they aren't being punished for being wastes of spaces on the team, neither can you be punished.

if they want to force you to play with these [edited]... then by all means, play with them... just dial down your own ability and instead play at the same level as them.  if you play just as badly as they do, you'll be out of that match almost as quickly as if you'd afk'd right from the start. 

world of warships random matches... the race to see who can get to the bottom first. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Shadeylark
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,312 posts
9,608 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

much easier to just suicide out of a match.  if you get a crapteam, just yolo to your death early.  you only spend a fraction more time in a match than if you'd afk'd plus there's no way to prove you weren't trying.  after all, you could be just as incompetent as the rest of your team... as these morons who prompt people to go afk prove, making stupid decisions that you know will get you killed early in a match isn't a punishable offense.

e.g. you get twin brothers and your entire team decides to lemming train to one side, leaving the other flank wide open and guaranteeing an eventual loss... just yolo down the mid.  you're dead and out of the match in almost as little time as if you'd just afk'd at the start and nobody can prove you were anything but as retarded as the rest of your team.

True but that requires spending a few minutes in the game, the people that want to bail at the start are not patient enough to do that and once in the game most of them will try to play the game to win.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
7,130 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but that requires spending a few minutes in the game, the people that want to bail at the start are not patient enough to do that and once in the game most of them will try to play the game to win.

well, i never understood the ones who afk'd right away.  at least give your team a chance to prove its incompetent before you abandon them to their fates of their own making.  by all means, don't give them more than one opportunity to prove their incompetence, but at least give em that one chance to show that they can at least get lucky.

as an aside... if they're skilled enough to recognize that their team has no chance and decide to stay and waste their time anyways, that's a different form of stupidity from their teammates, but its a form of stupidity (and masochism) on par with their teammates.

Edited by Shadeylark

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,744 posts
3,738 battles
4 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

well, i never understood the ones who afk'd right away.

Maybe some of such people have disconnected?

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
7,130 battles
3 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Maybe some of such people have disconnected?

when i say afk, i mean intentional.  we all know connection issues happen, that's not the subject im addressing.