Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

This is an unacceptable bug WG (I see...not a bug...working as intended despite misleading statements in 0.7.4 update notes to contrary)

4 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
3,235 posts
21,599 battles

I was just equipping some economy flags on my Musashi when I noticed this:

shot-18_06.10_14_33.58-0625.thumb.jpg.db9365bb8948bb5fd62ec2ab894f67fe.jpg

The "resupply using in game currency" option was checked. I remember when the resupply of signals using doubloons option was implemented a couple updates ago & it was definitively stated that the resupply needed to be manually set & I checked & it was unchecked...but somewhere between then & now (not sure if it was the latest update or when) mine became checked & I know damn well I didn't check it.

I'm doing a BB marathon right now & in lieu of a dreadnaught in the next 4 battles that would have made me very mad had I not caught this.

What gives?

Note: Look down 3 post for aforementioned update note quotes...already included them in reply there...not repasting for tldr purposes.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,107 posts
40 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was just equipping some economy flags on my Musashi when I noticed this:

shot-18_06.10_14_33.58-0625.thumb.jpg.db9365bb8948bb5fd62ec2ab894f67fe.jpg

The "resupply using in game currency" option was checked. I remember when the resupply of signals using doubloons option was implemented a couple updates ago & it was definitively stated that the resupply needed to be manually set & I checked & it was unchecked...but somewhere between then & now (not sure if it was the latest update or when) mine became checked & I know damn well I didn't check it.

I'm doing a BB marathon right now & in lieu of a dreadnaught in the next 4 battles that would have made me very mad had I not caught this.

What gives?

Here's the deal, if you equip flags for the first time, when you select a economic flag, it will select resupply automatically. If you then uncheck it, it will hold that setting as long as you don't remove ALL flags. If you strip the flags off, and then reinstall, it will once again select resupply when you select an economic flag. Kind of shaky to me, but then what's new....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,235 posts
21,599 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

Here's the deal, if you equip flags for the first time, when you select a economic flag, it will select resupply automatically. If you then uncheck it, it will hold that setting as long as you don't remove ALL flags. If you strip the flags off, and then reinstall, it will once again select resupply when you select an economic flag. Kind of shaky to me, but then what's new....:Smile_teethhappy:

Just discovered this for myself & was coming to update..."not a bug...working as intended"...got it.

Update notes on the subject:

"Please be aware, that with update 0.7.4, automatic resupply of consumables was disabled, so the signal flags for doubloons feature is introduced safely, without causing any unforeseen expenses. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you epic battles".

"Players can enable auto-resupply of these signals for Doubloons as necessary. If the auto-resupply feature is already on when the Update is released, it will remain so but the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature will be disabled".

Seems to be a contradiction between what they say & what they do...this all suggests they are not trying to make people accidentally spend doubloons on signal flags & that the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature is not to be worried about because it is "disabled" (suggesting you need to enable it yourself)...but it doesn't clarify that they were only protecting you for the time of the actual update...& after that the system is intentionally designed to make you accidentally spend doubloons on signal flags.

Don't get why people down voted me on this...is doing the opposite of what you suggest so much your SOP in life that this is the way you believe things should be done...I totally understand trying to sell things to people to make $ to support the game but intentionally misleading people into assuming something is safe to use w/out "unforeseen expenses" & then implementing it in a way that creates the exact potential "unforeseen expenses" seems kind of shady to metoo.

& I just posted a thread last night thanking WG for the 3 extra port slots for having all the US cruisers during the update...they definitely will lose some income from port slot sales when the new US cruisers are released on account of that & due to many "update notes may change" disclaimers they didn't "need" to do that...so I'm not just a salty complainer here...but I will call shenanigans when it is appropriate.

Note: Didn't get 1 comment from that thanx WG thread...no up or down votes...funny the down voters here.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Sign in to follow this