You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soleluv

The new night operation needs to be nerf

15 comments in this topic

[RNF]
Members
56 posts
7,713 battles

I tried several times just for the 3 star, never  finish it with a victory.

• Bad 1

[RST]
Members
337 posts
7,260 battles

I lucked out, I got 5 star on 1st try.  I did random in with a division of 3, so possibly that helped (although they did not "kill it" on performance).  I do feel it was challenging, especially with the cross dropping from DDs and CV planes. 

One of my clan mates had posted this to help:

image.png.de9a16e55ebd7bf17b68fcfd44d63c83.png

Basically seems like good advice based on what I observed.  We almost lost it (instead of 5-starring it) because players were focusing on the killing of ships, not the killing of the designated targets (sound familiar?)  In the end phase, the Atago and the 2 aerodromes are what needs to die to end the scenario.  Killing off ships I think feels good (feels like what we are supposed to do) but in truth distracts from the mission objective.

I'd suggest Cleveland and Baltimore are ideal choices for this. 

[RNF]
Members
56 posts
7,713 battles
14 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

I lucked out, I got 5 star on 1st try.  I did random in with a division of 3, so possibly that helped (although they did not "kill it" on performance).  I do feel it was challenging, especially with the cross dropping from DDs and CV planes. 

Basically seems like good advice based on what I observed.  We almost lost it (instead of 5-starring it) because players were focusing on the killing of ships, not the killing of the designated targets (sound familiar?)  In the end phase, the Atago and the 2 aerodromes are what needs to die to end the scenario.  Killing off ships I think feels good (feels like what we are supposed to do) but in truth distracts from the mission objective.

I lost my 3 teammates during the first phase, after that you know how difficult it is. 

Members
1,704 posts
5,144 battles

Played it twice using Baltimore, won both times, once with 3 stars and once with 4.  

It is challenging but with all those fast firing cruiser guns everywhere you look, they can shred Japanese destroyers pretty effectively.  A good game for radar, and to a lesser extent, hydro equipped ships.  Just don't go yoloing off, when the IJN comes they come in droves and you need to concentrate your firepower to fend them off.  

[RKLES]
Members
7,553 posts
9,604 battles
16 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

Lol yeah when all you have are cruisers and only 1 type of tier 8 allied cruiser is able to hel back HP,. That is not the time to try tanking your limited HP instead of ending the battle as quickly as possible while your team has some HP left.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

My first try was a three star win, the second was a two star, and the third was a five star. It is tough particularly the final stage where the airfields are attacked but it is not impossible.

[TOG]
Members
2,822 posts
15,797 battles

The 2 failure points in the game:

1. Getting to the marine areas in time to prevent them from being obliterated.

2. Destroying the air bases. You need to hit the hangers.

Note it said Allied T8 CA's. I am tempted to use the Kutuzov or the Charles Martel when the operation shows up. Why? Torpedoes. Of course, I'd rather do it with my clan than solo. That way, when I say torp firing, no one derps into the path.

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles
12 hours ago, groomsiebelle said:

The lucked out for a 5 star thing(also playing with division should carry a natural buff) doesn't really reflect the actual difficulty of the mission, you have to repeated play it with different mix of players and ships to get a good fell for it. Having played it about 10 times , first time 3 star, second time 5 star, I have found the win rate is about 60% and chances of a 5 star is about 10%. That's not good enough to be a playable operation with random que. This is about as difficult to 5 star as Ultimate Frontier and that one have been a hard struggle ever since they made it harder in recent patch.

11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

only 1 type of tier 8 allied cruiser is able to hel back HP,

And if you team only have Edinburgh left, you will not be able to win because AP does no damage to the Airfield.

Edited by 400lbHacker_TheCybers

[RKLES]
Members
7,553 posts
9,604 battles
4 hours ago, 400lbHacker_TheCybers said:

The lucked out for a 5 star thing(also playing with division should carry a natural buff) doesn't really reflect the actual difficulty of the mission, you have to repeated play it with different mix of players and ships to get a good fell for it. Having played it about 10 times , first time 3 star, second time 5 star, I have found the win rate is about 60% and chances of a 5 star is about 10%. That's not good enough to be a playable operation with random que. This is about as difficult to 5 star as Ultimate Frontier and that one have been a hard struggle ever since they made it harder in recent patch.

And if you team only have Edinburgh left, you will not be able to win because AP does no damage to the Airfield.

Or at least the Edinburgh AP at anyway, BB AP likely would be able to. I still am having serious doubts about this operation since as I have stated elsewhere, the big reason Wargaming was successful in using cruiser restricted  MM for Hermès Op was because Richelieu is able to be used as well as Lyon.  

[RST]
Members
337 posts
7,260 battles
5 hours ago, 400lbHacker_TheCybers said:

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't challenging, sorry if that came across unclear.  By saying I "lucked out" and noting a division was present (which I agree, is normally a natural buff) was meant to indicate the round I played started with some advantages.  I also noted it was challenging, especially with the cross dropping of torps. 

My post was the 2nd reply, and the first with any real information responding to the OP.  I laid out my experience with the scenario, but had not the opportunity to see how anyone else was doing /what they thought of it before responding.  I was simply contributing information.

I'll confess I only played this scenario 1x as the current PTS rewards aren't enough for me to devote large chunks of my time playing there when I could be on the live server advancing a mission or one of my lines.  I generally play 3-10 games on the PTS, but ultimately with (like many) limited gaming time I try not to spend too much time on the PTS. 

[D-DAY]
Members
65 posts
23,575 battles

Recommend WG make a few changes:

1- Move initial spawn location 5 km east - sailing time is too long to reach the Marines and fight off the attacking Japanese ships; too far to radar the southern Myoko killing the Marines until too late.

2 - Reduce the DD force at the Marines by 1 Kagero and 1 Akizuki.

3 - Move CV force spawn point 3-5 km east so that the cruiser force can rally to it sooner to provide air cover and gain healing.

4 - Keep Bunker Hill heal circle active the entire time that that CV is alive.

5 - Reduce fire chance on Japanese HE to standard percentages; seems to be WAY overdone.  Four fires in 2 salvos is too much and that happens all the game.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,553 posts
9,604 battles
3 hours ago, Aardvar said:

Recommend WG make a few changes:

1- Move initial spawn location 5 km east - sailing time is too long to reach the Marines and fight off the attacking Japanese ships; too far to radar the southern Myoko killing the Marines until too late.

2 - Reduce the DD force at the Marines by 1 Kagero and 1 Akizuki.

3 - Move CV force spawn point 3-5 km east so that the cruiser force can rally to it sooner to provide air cover and gain healing.

4 - Keep Bunker Hill heal circle active the entire time that that CV is alive.

5 - Reduce fire chance on Japanese HE to standard percentages; seems to be WAY overdone.  Four fires in 2 salvos is too much and that happens all the game.

And maybe allow USN CVs to participate since they often assisted with island operations as well

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

BB AP likely would be able to

As of now you can't use BB, how much I'd love to bring my North Carolina or Alabama or even better the upcoming Massachusetts into this Operation... WG please make it happen, give player team 2 BBs, you can give AI team a couple BB instead of DDs to compensate.

Edited by 400lbHacker_TheCybers
  • Cool 1

[YOGI]
Members
6 posts
1,739 battles

this is a great mission!! the key to this is teamwork!!!!! this not a mission of me!!!!! not going rouge!!!! not doing your on thing!!!!!!! the nighttime start going to daylight !!! is a great thing!! i have once made 4 stars but mostly failed due to a lack of team work!! this mission forces team work!!! like in the real world! well in our world! great job guys!!!