Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Scenarios Blow!!!

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

167
[LOS]
Members
564 posts
8,037 battles

What used to be a refuge, a shelter for tired Captains from cunning human players is now ruined and corrupt.  These ridiculous Scenarios are so 'up tiered' as to be baited by awards and rewards for achieving a certain level of achievement in a Scenario.  We know that WG has changed the 'Battleground' because the the new scenario is baited with meaningless prizes and awards.  

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,982
[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
9 minutes ago, Sinton said:

What used to be a refuge, a shelter for tired Captains from cunning human players is now ruined and corrupt.  These ridiculous Scenarios are so 'up tiered' as to be baited by awards and rewards for achieving a certain level of achievement in a Scenario.  We know that WG has changed the 'Battleground' because the the new scenario is baited with meaningless prizes and awards.  

While they have tuned up the bots, the current scenario is still really easy, assuming the team can shoot. 4 starred 2 last night and 5 starred the last, really didn't seem as bad as the tier 7's.

Spoiler

2Rfl70I.jpg

x1cOs0B.jpg

l7kyTd3.jpg

Qgmdsok.jpg

uDDnhgo.jpg

yz9QeWY.jpg

 

 

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,662 posts
6,376 battles

I thought you were playing Operations to get away - not get stuff.  I have no problems with  the current Operations - it is one of the easier ones and yes -  I will take those free things without complaint.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Scenarios are massive Damage producers.

Damage is rewarded with Coins and EXP.

Win /Losses are not required {Helpful but not required}

I play scenarios for this reason alone. {A break from the Potato Farms} 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[-BRS-]
Members
656 posts
12,382 battles

The current operation is one of the easiest if not the easiest one, and very easy to consistently 5 star if you have an organized division to run with. I just got 193k damage in it in my Anshan four days ago on Wednesday, and 223k damage in Budyonny two days ago on Friday.

Edited by Lightninger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,344
[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
23 minutes ago, Sinton said:

What used to be a refuge, a shelter for tired Captains from cunning human players is now ruined and corrupt.  These ridiculous Scenarios are so 'up tiered' as to be baited by awards and rewards for achieving a certain level of achievement in a Scenario.  We know that WG has changed the 'Battleground' because the the new scenario is baited with meaningless prizes and awards.  

WG added the ongoing mission rewards because the players requested it.  "I got the 5-star reward already so why keep playing it?  Need more rewards." 

So you don't like rewards?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[TDRB]
Members
1,299 posts
4,971 battles

I enjoy scenarios. The last 3 days I wished there were more cunning human players as defeat was snatched out of the jaws of 5 star victories 7 or 8 times. I must ask why a players sits in smoke just outside of the green line, firing away at bots as the time runs out when crossing the line would have meant winning with 5 stars? I don't claim to be omniscient so I don't assume I know the reason and belittle that player but I do wonder why.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
508
[4HIM]
Members
1,924 posts
4,715 battles

Yeah, Killer Whale is now about the easiest to do.  Played it twice last night after (quite) a few drinks (surprised I didn't TK myself by that point, my aim was getting pretty bad).  4 stars with the Buddy, then 5 with the Exploding Nurnberg.  

But I will agree that all the T7 Ops are not much fun now.  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,019 posts
4,092 battles
36 minutes ago, Sinton said:

What used to be a refuge, a shelter for tired Captains from cunning human players is now ruined and corrupt.  These ridiculous Scenarios are so 'up tiered' as to be baited by awards and rewards for achieving a certain level of achievement in a Scenario.  We know that WG has changed the 'Battleground' because the the new scenario is baited with meaningless prizes and awards.  

While WG has made some of the Operation Scenarios more difficult, for the most part, they are still fun to run. The current Op of the week, Killer Whale, doesn't seem any harder or easier than it used to be. I think the factor in the difference is the other six players on your team and if they know what to do.

One way to mitigate the randomness of the quality of your team is to run the Operation Scenarios in a division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,808
[TBW]
Members
6,592 posts
12,435 battles

I know you can't make any rewards any more.

shot-18_06_10_13_10.43-0854.thumb.jpg.f956522b5678af73a81ecec7243d6d60.jpgshot-18_06.10_11_32.05-0481.thumb.jpg.f017688390fa4aa5f018b84f16fb4c24.jpgshot-18_06.10_11_05.02-0829.thumb.jpg.4068afd072ac5fb98fc3e4397ebae6eb.jpgshot-18_06.08_01_17.13-0497.thumb.jpg.c388eb394fdc1eb80e2ffb554ebf6a5d.jpg

It's just terrible.

shot-18_06.10_16_14.51-0357.thumb.jpg.4a6025b6362958fdf2edbc9dad053c0b.jpg

See what I mean 2 defeats.

2 DDs = defeat almost every time though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,344
[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles
16 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I enjoy scenarios. The last 3 days I wished there were more cunning human players as defeat was snatched out of the jaws of 5 star victories 7 or 8 times. I must ask why a players sits in smoke just outside of the green line, firing away at bots as the time runs out when crossing the line would have meant winning with 5 stars? I don't claim to be omniscient so I don't assume I know the reason and belittle that player but I do wonder why.

Even Scenario unicum teams can get screwed by hubris.  That's all I'm going to say.

 

But twice in a row !??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
333 posts
10,357 battles

I would agree that most of the Tier 7 scenarios were ramped up a bit too much, but the Tier 6's like Killer Whale have been fun.  Speaking of killer whales...

h9960A0B7

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
579 posts
5,940 battles

I think everyone saying they're fine are missing the point. It was an easy mode. I enjoyed it as an easy mode, and will remember it as an easy mode. Now it is hard and requires a good team, I don't want to play anymore. Not wasting my precious time, I'll just as happily play Randoms if easy mode is now dead. It was fun, now it's not, pure and simple, no it's not necessary for anyone to agree with me, and I think the OP agrees.

edit: bring back easy mode and lessen the rewards for those of use who just enjoyed the hel* out of doing things we couldn't do in randoms, leave better rewards for a hard mode. Best of both worlds, problem solved, and all future threads on this issue can be closed instantly.

Edited by HeathenForay
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,662 posts
6,376 battles
4 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

I think everyone saying they're fine are missing the point. It was an easy mode. I enjoyed it as an easy mode, and will remember it as an easy mode. Now it is hard and requires a good team, I don't want to play anymore. Not wasting my precious time, I'll just as happily play Randoms if easy mode is now dead. It was fun, now it's not, pure and simple, no it's not necessary for anyone to agree with me, and I think the OP agrees

Killer Whale is very easy - not sure how it is really hard.  Takes a really fail team to not 4-5 star it frankly.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[WOLF4]
Members
132 posts
3,257 battles

Scenarios are great. Nothing wrong with them. Very rewarding and no salt. I love them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,123 battles

ROFL...love all these "caveat comments". Here's some examples:

#1 Ops is easy... "as long as you have a competent team". Riiiiiight. These must be people who haven't been playing for a while. Even Co-op is flooded with incompetents lately. Expecting to get a competent team in Ops is a pipe dream.

#2. Ops is easy..."as long as you division with your clan mates". Well duuuh. Thing is, that didn't used to be necessary when Ops first came out. You used to be able to go into Ops with a bunch of scrub-schlub players and still do well. Now you need a bunch of unicums to get 5 stars? That shouldn't be.

#3 "(Insert any  scenario here) is very easy". Yes, if you do all of the above and at least 1/2 the team is running captains far beyond 10 point training. Do that and Ops can be a yawn session. The equivalent of seal clubbing in tier 1 games. Again...get stuck on a team of players with untrained captains who have a hard time in Co-op, much less Randoms, and it ain't so "very easy". 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
127
[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
579 posts
5,940 battles
7 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

ROFL...love all these "caveat comments". Here's some examples:

#1 Ops is easy... "as long as you have a competent team". Riiiiiight. These must be people who haven't been playing for a while. Even Co-op is flooded with incompetents lately. Expecting to get a competent team in Ops is a pipe dream.

#2. Ops is easy..."as long as you division with your clan mates". Well duuuh. Thing is, that didn't used to be necessary when Ops first came out. You used to be able to go into Ops with a bunch of scrub-schlub players and still do well. Now you need a bunch of unicums to get 5 stars? That shouldn't be.

#3 "(Insert any  scenario here) is very easy". Yes, if you do all of the above and at least 1/2 the team is running captains far beyond 10 point training. Do that and Ops can be a yawn session. The equivalent of seal clubbing in tier 1 games. Again...get stuck on a team of players with untrained captains who have a hard time in Co-op, much less Randoms, and it ain't so "very easy". 

You get it. Others continue to miss the point.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[NAVY]
Members
1,019 posts
4,092 battles
7 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

ROFL...love all these "caveat comments". Here's some examples:

#1 Ops is easy... "as long as you have a competent team". Riiiiiight. These must be people who haven't been playing for a while. Even Co-op is flooded with incompetents lately. Expecting to get a competent team in Ops is a pipe dream.

#2. Ops is easy..."as long as you division with your clan mates". Well duuuh. Thing is, that didn't used to be necessary when Ops first came out. You used to be able to go into Ops with a bunch of scrub-schlub players and still do well. Now you need a bunch of unicums to get 5 stars? That shouldn't be.

#3 "(Insert any  scenario here) is very easy". Yes, if you do all of the above and at least 1/2 the team is running captains far beyond 10 point training. Do that and Ops can be a yawn session. The equivalent of seal clubbing in tier 1 games. Again...get stuck on a team of players with untrained captains who have a hard time in Co-op, much less Randoms, and it ain't so "very easy". 

Isn't this true for any battle mode, though?

If you run solo and your team is filled with "new" or less experienced players playing in stock ships with at most six-point commanders, of course, it is going to be more difficult to win regardless of whether or not it is an Operation Scenario, Co-Op, Random, or Ranked. It is why we see threads during each ranked season asking, begging players not to queue up naked stock ships with commanders with less than 10 points.

The thing is, a group of new players each queuing up solo who have never run Operations can, with naked, stock ships and just 3-point commanders, still 5-star an Operation scenario if they pay attention and follow the objectives. Not saying it would be easy. Not by a long shot. But that doesn't mean scenario's blow. I don't understand why people want to be spoon-fed and not want some sort of challenge when it comes to the game. Not saying that you do or the OP does, but that is why we see the pushback to threads like these which make these over-dramatic statements, especially in reference to Killer Whale, which is considered by the majority of the WoWs community to be the easiest Operation scenario to complete and to five-star.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
773 battles

I really enjoyed the Holloween ops. Farmed easily 15 mil in silver and a ton of Elite Commander XP. It was fun to play without worrying about stats and get to 19 pt captain in a T8 ship. Never played anything higher than T3 at the time so it motivated me to grind the Tiers, spend some real cash, and play more competitive games. WG hooked me. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×