Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Suggestion for Khabarovsk legendary upgrade

13 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I recommend moving it to 6th upgrade slot, getting rid of the ROF bonus and making captains choose between rate of fire increase or range increase. Currently, putting it in the 5th upgrade slot makes it a DOA upgrade as your khab is too unwieldy to fulfill its intended roles. You have to stay so far back that you cannot help support DDs.

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
656 posts
12,382 battles

Honestly, I think they should put concealment on the legendary upgrade, give players pause to really consider whether they want it versus SG3, since most take SG3.

Edited by Lightninger
  • Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
2 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Honestly, I think they should put concealment on the legendary upgrade, give players pause to really consider whether they want it versus SG3, since most take SG3.

Boy. Now that would be interesting. A khab with concealment. I would definitley give it a try.

[-BRS-]
Members
656 posts
12,382 battles
3 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Boy. Now that would be interesting. A khab with concealment. I would definitley give it a try.

I already use concealment module on my Khabarovsk, thinking of making a captain with my normal captain build to try on my Khabarovsk as well, which uses CE.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,187 posts
7,191 battles
49 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I recommend moving it to 6th upgrade slot, getting rid of the ROF bonus and making captains choose between rate of fire increase or range increase. Currently, putting it in the 5th upgrade slot makes it a DOA upgrade as your khab is too unwieldy to fulfill its intended roles. You have to stay so far back that you cannot help support DDs.

it sure as heck cant cap reliably with its concealment being 10km stock when pretty much every other DDs at that tier is like 7.xkm stock, other than knife fighting other DDs, Khaba doesnt really have alot of DD qualities to its name, as people have said, Khaba is pretty much a light cruiser disguised as a destroyer, honestly, Khaba's best quality is harassing other ships with her guns, at least in my opinion

Edited by tcbaker777

[5D]
Members
1,287 posts
7,595 battles
16 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

I already use concealment module on my Khabarovsk, thinking of making a captain with my normal captain build to try on my Khabarovsk as well, which uses CE.

I run conceal as well. My clanmates laugh at me for it, but so often in the late game it becomes so critical to simply not fire the guns and instead use speed to out cap the reds. It's saved many a win.

[-BRS-]
Members
656 posts
12,382 battles
5 minutes ago, Spartias said:

I run conceal as well. My clanmates laugh at me for it, but so often in the late game it becomes so critical to simply not fire the guns and instead use speed to out cap the reds. It's saved many a win.

Not only that, a lot of destroyers freak out when they see a Khab pop up at 8.7 km, and the extra concealment makes it easy to go in and counter spot other destroyers hanging out in the caps without support and just wipe them.

[5D]
Members
1,287 posts
7,595 battles
6 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Not only that, a lot of destroyers freak out when they see a Khab pop up at 8.7 km, and the extra concealment makes it easy to go in and counter spot other destroyers hanging out in the caps without support and just wipe them.

Oh absolutely, I can't count how many times the concealment has allowed me to get the jump on a red dd. Who cares if the concealment is still awkwardly large... if everything inside of it is dead? Players just don't expect it.

Edited by Spartias

[-BRS-]
Members
656 posts
12,382 battles
5 minutes ago, Spartias said:

Oh absolutely, I can't count how many times the concealment has allowed me to get the jump on a red dd. Who cares if the concealment is still awkwardly large... if everything inside of it is dead? Players just don't expect it.

The extra concealment was also very useful in Ranked battles as well the last season. That's also why I'm thinking of building my classic gunboat captain build for it as a second captain. It will be even more hilarious to see enemy destroyers freak out and seriously crap their pants when a Khab pops in at 7.9 km. Let me know if you want to talk strats sometime. Does 5D still use TeamSpeak?

Edited by Lightninger

[5D]
Members
1,287 posts
7,595 battles
11 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

The extra concealment was also very useful in Ranked battles as well the last season. That's also why I'm thinking of building my classic gunboat captain build for it as a second captain. It will be even more hilarious to see enemy destroyers freak out and seriously crap their pants when a Khab pops in at 7.9 km. Let me know if you want to talk strats sometime. Does 5D still use TeamSpeak?

Yup yup we sure do.  And umm...  heh... we might have already used a few khaba strats successfully in clan battles :)

It sure is nice when you've already got all your caps, have khabas behind islands ready to counter anyone capping... all before the reds have their dds in the area ready to cap. Who is forced to push now?

[DUDE_]
Members
3,078 posts
13,108 battles

the only upgrade the Khab needs is a hold full of these so that it rots from the inside out. For those that don't know these are considered very very luck on a boat. Look it up..

See the source image

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

the only upgrade the Khab needs is a hold full of these so that it rots from the inside out. For those that don't know these are considered very very luck on a boat. Look it up..

See the source image

Oh yeah. I won't bring banannas diving with me. I've dove with a charter captain who absolutely refuses to let people take bananas on the boat. 

Sign in to follow this