You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MG1962

discipline issue - Bug?

10 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts

I was in a queue waiting to start a game. Real life intervenes and I leave the queue and then shut the game down.

Next time  I logged in I had a pink penalty for being AFK from a battle.

In my instance it was just a three game penalty, so not concerned there, however I can imagine the reaction from someone on their last chance and getting some form of ban for repeat offense.

I can only guess it was some sort of glitch or bug, or there is a system lag in the transition screen taking you 'in game'

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,811 posts
11,511 battles

The match triggered before you actually left the que, there is a small amount of lag from when the server triggers the match and when you see it loading. It isn't a big deal and you are pink for only two matches as long as you don't cause significant team damage, a little bit of paint swapping won't hurt you on clearing the pink. There is no other punishment beyond being pink unless it becomes an every day thing where if it happens enough could ban you to co-op for a period to work of the orange, which only you are able to see.

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The match triggered before you actually left the que, there is a small amount of lag from when the server triggers the match and when you see it loading. It isn't a big deal and you are pink for only two matches as long as you don't cause significant team damage, a little bit of paint swapping won't hurt you on clearing the pink. There is no other punishment beyond being pink unless it becomes an every day thing where if it happens enough could ban you to co-op for a period to work of the orange, which only you are able to see.

Yeah I was not bothered about being pink, after all it is only a game :)  

So if I understand you correctly it is just part of the mechanics of the game rather than a random glitch? Thats disappointing, thought I might have discovered something new and exciting :(

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,811 posts
11,511 battles
26 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Yeah I was not bothered about being pink, after all it is only a game :)  

So if I understand you correctly it is just part of the mechanics of the game rather than a random glitch? Thats disappointing, thought I might have discovered something new and exciting :(

There was a problem with people leaving matches early because they didn't like what they saw or playing for a bit and then going AFK to leech experience. The system needs some tweaks but I will say that full game AFK's and suddenly going AFK after playing for awhile is very rare now.

[CDNUS]
[CDNUS]
Members
7 posts
8,326 battles

Tornado watch and thunder storms caused a power outage. course I got the pink slip. also got one for hitting a allied ship. well he ran up beside me as I fired. I don't mind that pink slip but .. un sports man comment is a little bit much they should have a no friendly fire thingy.  My great granny would    would  ? well she would do somethin .:cap_wander:

Members
86 posts
8,085 battles

Sound Familiar?

Not that they will ever admit that there is a problem.

Just put it down to WOWS REASONS.

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,811 posts
11,511 battles
1 hour ago, MemeFlerp said:

Sound Familiar?

Not that they will ever admit that there is a problem.

Just put it down to WOWS REASONS.

This isn't a problem, it is the server triggering a match but your computer hasn't caught up yet.

Members
15 posts
2,942 battles
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, BrushWolf said:

There was a problem with people leaving matches early because they didn't like what they saw or playing for a bit and then going AFK to leech experience. The system needs some tweaks but I will say that full game AFK's and suddenly going AFK after playing for awhile is very rare now.

Leaving the game early is not the only way you can be disconnected from the battle.  I have had some problems with by internet provider, I was in the game and the next minute I am at the connect page.  I was very lucky to franticly reconnect just in time from colliding with another ship.  This situation has happened several times since then, but seems to have stopped for the present. I hope!!!!

Members
86 posts
8,085 battles
On 6/14/2018 at 7:32 PM, BrushWolf said:

This isn't a problem, it is the server triggering a match but your computer hasn't caught up yet.

Well, NO.  Press "Leave Queue"  spinning thing happens, then PORT comes up, ship is shown in PORT not greyed  (as it is not in a game).  That is a GAME problem.  The server is telling the client the ship is NOT IN A GAME.  As WG provides both sides of the game (client and server)  it is a game problem 

[GWG]
[GWG]
20,811 posts
11,511 battles
5 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

Well, NO.  Press "Leave Queue"  spinning thing happens, then PORT comes up, ship is shown in PORT not greyed  (as it is not in a game).  That is a GAME problem.  The server is telling the client the ship is NOT IN A GAME.  As WG provides both sides of the game (client and server)  it is a game problem 

OK, hmmm all I can think of is the MM thought you left early. While you may not get the satisfaction you desire submitting a ticket on this will at least get them looking at it.