You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

MM NEEDS TO BE THROWN OUT

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

neg8RpZ.gif

things will change

Yep, as soon as he gets to tier 10......:Smile_teethhappy:

[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

Throw out matchmaker. Every 15 people who hit the battle button get matched into a team, then the next 15 people are the enemy. Tier 1s facing tier 10s, it's all chance when you hit the battle button

Yes please

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,317 posts
9,621 battles

Tier 8's are seeing a lot more tier 10's since the first half of the CA/CL split with so many Cleveland's in the que but it has been getting better. OP, eight matches are no where near enough to even start to see a pattern. Log your position (top, middle, or bottom) for a hundred matches ignoring tiers 1, 9, & 10. While you wont be able to say for certain with such a small sample you will be able to see the general pattern.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Tier 1s facing tier 10s

Balderdash and nonsense! No tier 1 ever saw a tier 10 in a match outside of the training room.

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles
52 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Tier 8's are seeing a lot more tier 10's since the first half of the CA/CL split with so many Cleveland's in the que but it has been getting better. OP, eight matches are no where near enough to even start to see a pattern. Log your position (top, middle, or bottom) for a hundred matches ignoring tiers 1, 9, & 10. While you wont be able to say for certain with such a small sample you will be able to see the general pattern.

Have lost several lately in my tier 7 Scharnhorst. Was doing so well in her but past couple of weeks I am seeing a bunch of tier 8-9 ships. More than ever before and I have been the only tier 7 on my team in the game in some of these matches. Yuk.I complained (whined) about my recent losing streak a few days ago.  This, in part, has had something to do with that.  Just gotta ride it out.  Dropped from 54% to 50% in her over this span of losses.

Members
19,036 posts
5,351 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

7 of 8 battles now  in a tier 8 is against 70%+ tier 10's

So IOW, right now is a good time to play Tier 6?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

So IOW, right now is a good time to play Tier 6?

Some times the MM has a wicked sense of humor. I was working the Indy missions playing tier 6 and was getting tier 8 matches one after another so I went to tier 8 and it was 10 after 10 after 10. Later though I was getting lots of top or middle tier matches, it is like the tide coming in and going out.

[BNKR]
Members
428 posts
2,665 battles

True confession: I play better when bottom tier. 

When top tier I get too aggressive or take chances I shouldn't, whereas when bottom (or middle) tier I seem to play a lot smarter. 

I really noticed it last night. Sucked in top tier matches, crushed it when bottom. 

It's weird. :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

MM is much better now that equal number of DDs are pretty much the norm.

That was a good change and it was well executed.

Members
19,036 posts
5,351 battles
15 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

You know, in every life you got some trouble, but when you worry you make it double.

If you have a premium Tier 8, you might want to litigate.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

I tend to enjoy being t8 in t10 games, though my t8s tend to have some gimmick they can exploit.

[SYN]
Members
4,585 posts
11,469 battles
16 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

MM is much better now that equal number of DDs are pretty much the norm.

^This.

The one thing that annoyed me about the old MM was when one team would get a destroyer and the other did not.

[H_]
Members
939 posts

I get worried every time I drop in a match as the lone T8....  Which, "seems" to be happening a lot of late.  BUT, and I'm a potato, I'm not sure just because a T10 is present that it means that that CPT is a T10 capable CPT?  I've had some high value games being the lowest ranked ship and I've seen some seriously dumb play from T9-10 CPT's.....  Stuff, even I as a newish potato, I wouldn't even do???

Other game, being the low tier ship is a 'break even" event and accomplished the 'grind mechanics' at a low level.

[HINON]
Members
9,351 posts
16 hours ago, Umikami said:

Balderdash and nonsense! No tier 1 ever saw a tier 10 in a match outside of the training room.

There was a time when divisions had no restrictions on tiers . . .

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,211 battles

Four issues at the moment:

1.  The existing T8 bias

2.  The new USN CA split.

3.  Halsey Campaign.

4.  Folks are bailing on T8 due to all of the above.

The first is a given all the time.  T8 fills a range from T6 to T10, whereas T10 is ranged T8 to T10.  Number 2 involves new high tier ships. Three  requires T8 and above.  The first three drives drives player away from playing T8 which further exacerbates the problem.  Hence, MM is heavily skewed to the high tier, and T8 become the convenient tier to fill out the top tier queue.  Even T7 is feeling the pinch,.  

I found myself the ONLY T8 (with a mirror on the red side) several times this weekend, and quite a few up tier T7 matches.

It is what it is.  As I play whatever tier I feel like at any moment, I spread the fun around.  But I recognize the T7 and T8 (especially T8) is kinda brutal of late.  I still queue up my T8 favorites.  But I know what I'm getting into.    

I could add a fifth "issue".  Too many players playing to fulfill campaign objectives, which is causing all sorts of weird top tier play.  A mix of players playing to win (like me) in the midst of players playing campaign objectives.  Frustration.  Just play the game folks.  Play to win.  The campaign objectives will be achieved in the normal course of play.  

[WAG]
Members
424 posts
7,860 battles

I have just leaned to embrace playing bottom tier. It's easier to earn XP as bottom tear, so enjoy it in a good ship, and if grinding just finish as fast as possible and move on to the next ship.

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
50 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It was hilarious to put a really good DD player in the Umikaze in a division with a much higher tier ship(s). The tears from the enemy were like sweet nectar.

[HINON]
Members
9,351 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

It was hilarious to put a really good DD player in the Umikaze in a division with a much higher tier ship(s). The tears from the enemy were like sweet nectar.

Flooding Yamatos was hilarious.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Very true ... but not for some time now.