You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HaruSket

¿ Is it fun to play with Kronshtadt?

48 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
45 posts
12,547 battles

As the subject says, is it fun to play with that boat?

Usually I do not usually do these topics. But, now I will tell you about my experience and maybe some people agree with me and some do not. let's start

The boat has an excellent maneuverability, its turrets rotate very well, can hold very well the impacts of light and some heavy cruisers. aesthetically the ship is beautiful. Very fast recharge time 18.5 s 16 s with the improvements But! Let's talk about the most important thing.

It has a pessimism secondary weapons, bad AA, a shield that in theory should withstand large impacts oh at least 330 mm front and 275mm back. in theory it works against lighter cruisers, but against 406 it is excellent for you to make a penetration and make citadel very easily, Even the 380mm of the bismark, at least some cruisers do them on penetration. in this case the armor works against this ship, of course I do not say it's wrong. Something bad must always have the boat. And as we know it is a hunter of cruseros, but if I tell you that your dispersion is bad but very bad that you can even fail to 8km? And not just once, many times in different games.

They will apologize but I do not fail 8km with a republic. which has a 322m dispersion compared to the Kronshtadt ... 252mm. If you have bad AA bad secondary weapons, at least I ask WG to leave a good dispersion, the same story is repeated with the rome, to roma personally tell him not to buy it It has everything wrong even their guns dispersion malisima the NC to otherwise it is an excellent boat with one, I will not enjoy playing with it, personally, I have it with 19 points I have spent doubloons investigating what would be my best way of playing with the two boats, and I say NO FUN. of course I do not say that they are bad boats, but you will use more a boat if you have fun with it.

I only ask that Kront's dispersion ... has improved the rest, it does not matter if he has good cannons, I do not want the same story to be repeated with Rome. For the time being I will tell you to get off the boat if you want, but 750,000 Exp ... It's not worth it. You will not enjoy playing with the boat, it is better to play with tirpitz than your disperception in theory is bad but really you will hurt the other boat. Shot that you make there, you will hit ..

If you want to do a lot of damage, you will have to go through bad times and try harder than you should do with Zao or Des Moinds. Here I leave some where I put more effort than normal.

800k Kron (1).jpg

700k Kron (2).jpg

34556353_10215610637566458_189076675256909824_n.jpg

• Cool 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,747 posts
5,669 battles

i haven't taste it yet.... but i will not invest my very few free exp yet 

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Members
36 posts
7,980 battles

Ship if fun but accuracy leaves something to be desired. Think of the free exp ships the musashi is a better investment. i own all the free exp ships so that's my opinion based after playing them all.

Kron is pretty easy to hit hard and at least with the musashi you have the ability to delete anyone on the map, don't have that ability with the kron :( 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,705 posts
15,532 battles

Have played enough games in Kronshtadt now to know it was way over priced at 750K Free XP. The ship does not perform up to the price tag. Not even close. 400-500K would be a more reasonable price tag for it and only because it is a T9 Premium so it earns well even in low damage/performance games which you will have a lot in it. The guns just plain stink. The accuracy is horrendous, the HE is useless, and because the AP has such a high velocity (and long fuse?), you get overpens at rate of 3 0r 4+ for every regular pen. It is a T9 Russian Cruiser version of Roma's guns. Inconsistent and terrible.

The ship actually could be good if they would fix the darn accuracy of the main guns. Heck leave the AP as is and I can work around the overpen issue. But good lord you can't hit anything with it. The shells perform best at range but good luck with that. You need to be in close to hit with the guns and when you are it is just overpen after overpen after overpen and even vs BB!

Something has to be addressed with this ship's accuracy. It is just so bad. 

IT's fast, maneuverable enough, has decent secondary guns for a Cruiser, the AA is "ok" (better than Musashi's), and it is actually pretty tanky for a Cruiser if you angle properly (if not = blap like all Cruisers). It's all about the guns though. Suck is a kind description of them.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[KEGEL]
Members
172 posts
7,796 battles

The Kronstadt is no Missouri but it's certainly more fun to play than the Musashi.

This cheeki breeki Slavic BC is definitely growing on me. Needs a high skilled captain to make it work tho.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,705 posts
15,532 battles
9 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

The Kronstadt is no Missouri but it's certainly more fun to play than the Musashi.

This cheeki breeki Slavic BC is definitely growing on me. Needs a high skilled captain to make it work tho.

Musashi performs as it should. The playstyle may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's offense is reliable. Kronshtadt's is not.

[KEGEL]
Members
172 posts
7,796 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Musashi performs as it should. The playstyle may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's offense is reliable. Kronshtadt's is not.

Perhaps I should have prefaced my comment 'in my opinion'.

The Musashi and I don't get along. I try to shoehorn a playstyle it's clearly not designed for, brawling. Plus the wonky dispersion drives me nuts. While I dislike the Musashi, I can tolerate the Yamato sisters for the big 'boom boom sound guns make when go bang!'

Only played a handful of games in the Kronstadt but so far I a can brawl in her and almost get away with it unlike in the Musashi. In short the Russian athlete is more fun than the IJN fixed fortification.

Again my opinion, feel free to disagree.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
45 posts
10,618 battles

While I agree the Krons guns leave much to be desired as for as dispersion is concerned. I have had a blast in it. It's fast and nimble enough to use a high tier captain to squeeze out some performance. It's gun's are lackluster but not horrible. At longer range's it's HE shell's have set many an enemy ablaze. It's large hit point pool is refreshing compared to other high tier cruiser's. I don't believe it is worth the asking price of 750,000. xp, I am still happy to have it in my port. Just like most other ships it take's a certain way of playing to make it perform well. I have had fun eliminating BB's that have taken some damage and are distracted by other ship's. No way it will survive a head to head with a BB on it's own. I manage 2x/3x citidel hit's on many of the hvy cruiser's that tangle with it. Hitting DD's with it is almost impossible because of the dispersion.

My 2 cent's

tks for ur attention

• Cool 1

Members
359 posts
4,371 battles

It's... different.  It is kinda fun to drive, but what I am finding right now is that being the latest thing means that any time I am spotted my PT count immediately jumps to 5+.  Everyone wants a shot at the new kid, and if focused the thing just melts.  If you can find isolated or distracted enemies you can pretty much have your way with them.  I was trading very favorably with a Musashi at 6.5k earlier when a randy Z-46 torped me from behind.  Haven't used the HE much, but may have to try that since at longer ranges precise shots are just... well... laughable.  The flip side is the close range overpens are rage-inducing.  Had a lousy game earlier, scored 22 hits; 2 were regular pens, 12 were overpens and the rest shattered or bounced; only 28k before focused and sunk.  Oye.

After 15 or so games I still am trying to figure out how best to play the Kron.  Being too aggressive early is definitely no bueno.  Sniping from the back is also a no-go due to the dispersion.  Mid-range I find that CLs just keep me on fire the entire game.  Thinking that this will have to be a slow play ship - patience early then aggressive late.  I've been trying to be forward enough to support my DDs with radar and gunfire, and without a friendly island to radar through I get my face punched in pretty often.  Gonna have to think on it a bit more.  Also, captain is at 15pts, the last 4 points could be very important.

Edited by Uncle_Lou
more thinky bits to add

[-AA-]
Members
1,757 posts
6,674 battles

As mainly a cruiser player I prefer the Kron over Missouri. She maneuverers pretty well and has some really strong guns. Yes, dispersion is wonky some games, but I think this is required to keep her from overpowered.

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
45 posts
10,618 battles

I put on the level 4 captain skill enercia fuse and it has really improved the short range kill power of the 305's. It allow's you to penetrate CR armor at over pen range's. Just a suggestion.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,522 posts
4,261 battles
9 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Yes, dispersion is wonky some games, but I think this is required to keep her from overpowered.

:Smile_great:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,263 battles

After playing over 50 battles in her, I find the Kronshtadt very enjoyable to play it has mixed attributes of a BB and a CA l.

Sure the accuracy is rather bad, but you get to shoot those 305mm guns every 16 sec and I find it serviceable enough.

Granted I only play co op and so the experience will be different than random battles, but far it is fun to play

[TNG]
Members
73 posts
8,090 battles

Good lord fix the damn Accuracy... that is all. Bare bones cruiser and they strip it of the only thing i has going for it.  Stalingrad gets cruiser accuracy so should kron. take HE away I could care less, useless shell as is  1386 HE damage what a joke

[TOG]
Members
3,532 posts
18,722 battles
On 6/11/2018 at 7:45 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

The ship actually could be good if they would fix the darn accuracy of the main guns. Heck leave the AP as is and I can work around the overpen issue. But good lord you can't hit anything with it. The shells perform best at range but good luck with that. You need to be in close to hit with the guns and when you are it is just overpen after overpen after overpen and even vs BB!

The main issue is the vertical dispersion. you tend to either over/under shoot a significant portion of the shots. HE damage is T4 level. Interesting enough, I do better @ range than close in. I found out that if you go for broadside targets you will score cits and kills . Even if their 18 km away. You can only overmatch 21 mm of bow armor, so only the USN CL's are the ones I'd bow tank against. Everything else I go for the upper works, unless broadside. 1300 damage for overpen does build up over time.

Armor wise, as long as you angle correctly, you can bounce even a Yamato's shells.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[SKI]
Members
224 posts
40,585 battles

WARGAMING  :   do you want HAPPY Customers?   or NOT ????

if you DO, then fix this POS PLEASE ! ....you people are losing 1000 players a month because you FAIL to realize that HAPPY  Customers STAY....and pissed off ones LEAVE ...

get ur heads out of that dark place and fix these boats

the guns suck...take 30 meters off the damn dispersion  !

t NEEDS 2 kts of speed so it can at least have  a prayer of dodging some of the incoming...

Give it enough AA so it won't get slaughtered like a pig in a slaughterhouse everytime a CV shows up...it's laffable...

the rest is liveable, ....the secondaries could use a km or two of range too,  but that's probably asking for too much...

get it done guys...this thing is a  FRAPPIN  JOKE

Edited by GunBoatz
  • Cool 1

2,522 posts
4,261 battles
15 hours ago, GunBoatz said:

WARGAMING  :   do you want HAPPY Customers?   or NOT ????

if you DO, then fix this POS PLEASE ! ....you people are losing 1000 players a month because you FAIL to realize that HAPPY  Customers STAY....and pissed off ones LEAVE ...

get ur heads out of that dark place and fix these boats

the guns suck...take 30 meters off the damn dispersion  !

t NEEDS 2 kts of speed so it can at least have  a prayer of dodging some of the incoming...

Give it enough AA so it won't get slaughtered like a pig in a slaughterhouse everytime a CV shows up...it's laffable...

the rest is liveable, ....the secondaries could use a km or two of range too,  but that's probably asking for too much...

get it done guys...this thing is a  FRAPPIN  JOKE

1. The NC I citadelled at 15k probably likes my dispersion. 2.05 sigma too. Keep the guns singing and dispersion is not an issue.
2. play at range and you can dodge most incoming shells through speed and wiggle alone. Its not a brawler. 
3. Take DFAA, improve situational awareness and you'll see your likelihood of getting murdered by the occasional CV reduced. I haven't had trouble with them in mine. 

By all rights and measures the Kron is not a joke, its probably one of the best high tier cruisers in the game, when played right and within her means. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,263 battles
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

1. The NC I citadelled at 15k probably likes my dispersion. 2.05 sigma too. Keep the guns singing and dispersion is not an issue.
2. play at range and you can dodge most incoming shells through speed and wiggle alone. Its not a brawler. 
3. Take DFAA, improve situational awareness and you'll see your likelihood of getting murdered by the occasional CV reduced. I haven't had trouble with them in mine. 

By all rights and measures the Kron is not a joke, its probably one of the best high tier cruisers in the game, when played right and within her means. 

It's been indicated that the sigma is 1.8 not 2.05

[PVE]
Members
8,705 posts
15,532 battles
3 hours ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

41 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

It's been indicated that the sigma is 1.8 not 2.05

Vader is right, Kronshtadt has a 1.8 sigma. Stalingrad has the 2.05.

Dispersion most definitely is an issue for Kronshtadt. It is atrocious.

2,522 posts
4,261 battles

I stand corrected but behind the latter half of my statement. Keep shooting and it won't matter. 

[PVE]
Members
8,705 posts
15,532 battles
33 minutes ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

I stand corrected but behind the latter half of my statement. Keep shooting and it won't matter. 

Of course it matters LOL. Doesn't matter how much you shoot if you don't hit the target (or barely hit it) and do nothing but overpens. :Smile_amazed:

I can throw rocks at a window all day but if I don't hit the glass it wont break. :Smile_glasses:

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,246 posts
12,042 battles
14 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I can throw rocks at a window all day but if I don't hit the glass it wont break

what happen if the window bounce the rock back?

instead head-shot  :cap_like:

[TNG]
Members
73 posts
8,090 battles

the problem seems to be bad sigma. everyones knows it and just laughs at your 2-3 shell hits every 18 secs.  Then when they do show broadside your left in awe as your shells OP or hit the water.  This ship doesnt stand a chance vs any t9 cruiser