Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Professor_Jumbo

Help, this DD sucks!

11 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
Members
79 posts
1,520 battles

Playing PA.  Longjian was a ton of fun, Phra Ruang was excellent once I realized that other people have different torps than me. Shenyang was great, had a better than 2 to 1 kill rate with it.  Then I moved up to Jianwei and holy crap this thing freakin' blows chunks.  Is there a good strategy to use with it, or should I just grind past it to Fushun?

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
43 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

Playing PA.  Longjian was a ton of fun, Phra Ruang was excellent once I realized that other people have different torps than me. Shenyang was great, had a better than 2 to 1 kill rate with it.  Then I moved up to Jianwei and holy crap this thing freakin' blows chunks.  Is there a good strategy to use with it, or should I just grind past it to Fushun?

The Fushun is truly one of the gems in the line. A Gnevny with usable torps is insanely fun. The Fushun is a keeper for all time the John Wayne is not.

[CK5]
Members
836 posts
7,095 battles

Yep, the Jianwei is a bump in the road on the way to the Fushun.  Just grit your teeth and play through it until you can move up to a better ship in the Fushun. 

[BUNNY]
Members
79 posts
1,520 battles
6 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

The Fushun is truly one of the gems in the line. A Gnevny with usable torps is insanely fun. The Fushun is a keeper for all time the John Wayne is not.

John Wayne, haha!  Grind it is!  Problem is that Mr. Wayne sucks so hard that getting enough xp is proving difficult.  :Smile_child:

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
596 posts
5,962 battles

Not gonna lie...I played a couple games in it and skipped it for no other reason than I could. Those guns...no, just nope. I skipped the Fushun too, again because I could so everyone can hold their "you should grind it blah blah" comments and I have the Anshan so the slow turret traverse was again a big fat nope. I wanted the Gadja, I love the Gadja. Kept the Shenyang. The ships I skipped are lovingly referred to as "pay walls" by some. It is as with all things in this game, a subjective thing I don't care what anyone says. This is coming from someone who loved the T7 Pensacola and is probably a masochist :cap_haloween:

PA is a heckuva line to pick as your first line, I'll give you props for that...the thought of playing them stock just....ouch

Edited by HeathenForay

[RLGN]
Members
8,694 posts
17,952 battles

Or just ignore the entire line completely?

PA missions that need doing? Anshan and Lo Yang are good enough for that; thank you very much. (Especially since they came  in Christmas 2016 containers, and I didn’t have to pay for them.)

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,119 posts
4,715 battles
56 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

John Wayne, haha!  Grind it is!  Problem is that Mr. Wayne sucks so hard that getting enough xp is proving difficult.  :Smile_child:

Try scenarios and co-op.  It'll make the grind a little less painful until you can dump it.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,703 battles

Jianwei is bad, and worse Jianwei is practically no fun at all.

The torpedoes are pretty useless, being barely stealth-launch capable and generally underwhelming at tier. The gunnery is sad. If I wanted cruiser reload I'd play a cruiser...

The boat is left scuttling from smoke cloud to smoke cloud waiting 8s between gun volleys and praying for fires.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Yueyang (T10) and Gadja Mahda (T7) are the two best, imo, I can't even remember the rest.

[BUNNY]
Members
79 posts
1,520 battles

Okay, this Jianwei is making me want to quit playing this game.   Finally did something with it, got killed again but at least I sunk two BB's.   How much xp did I get?  191!  wt f!  not 1,191.  191 xp.  at this rate it will take me 230 battles to get to Fushun. 

Edited by Professor_Jumbo
typos

Sign in to follow this