Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Congrats to all players!

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

351
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

WoWS is in Watchmojo.com the top 10 most difficult games to master. 

#9

#1 was Eve online.

All games on the list are those games that take chess player level skills to master. So if you feel overwhelmed you have a good reason to feel that way.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[BORK]
Members
256 posts
6,183 battles
1 minute ago, GreyFox78659 said:

WoWS is in mojo.com the top 10 most difficult games to master. 

#8 

#1 was Eve online.

All games on the list are those games that take chess player level skills to master. So if you feel overwhelmed you have a good reason to feel that way.

mojo?

 

s-l640.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[CUTER]
Members
733 posts
19,796 battles

So you are basically saying mouth breathing won't get you far in this game.  Explains a lot...

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
Members
312 posts

Waiting to see the stats DON'T matter players reaction to this...:Smile_glasses:

Edited by Venac
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
11 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

So you are basically saying mouth breathing won't get you far in this game.  Explains a lot...

Nor, will pay to win. I sink those “pay to win” ships’all the time with down tiered tech tree boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
3 minutes ago, Venac said:

Waiting to see the stats DON'T matter players reaction to this...:Smile_glasses:

Depends on the stats referenced too. WTR is quite flawed. I am a bad player hear but a great one in Europe.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Ummmm........no.

I don’t know who/what Watchmojo is, but saying something doesn’t make it so. And only someone with no real experience in chess (no or <2000  ELO rating) would compare the difficulty of WoWS (or EVE) to chess. 

WoWS is an interesting game with the possibility of exercising predictive strategies and local tactics. But the number and range of those is fairly limited. 

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
Members
312 posts
4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Depends on the stats referenced too. WTR is quite flawed. I am a bad player hear but a great one in Europe.

Yes, wtr can be padded. But if you see a player with a 55% or higher  win rate and you see that they play tier 6-10 most of the time the i would think the win rate is not padded as long as it was done solo play. Bad players in divisions can be carried to higher win rates that is why i say solo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,216 posts
3,991 battles
14 minutes ago, Venac said:

Waiting to see the stats DON'T matter players reaction to this...:Smile_glasses:

depends on the stats in question. Overall stats, no, because a player could easily be padding their stats by playing lower tiers. A good representation of skill, would be to look at the stats of each ship the player has played.

However, when people refer to stats, they tend to talk specifically about the overall stats, hence why I like to proclaim "stats don't matter."

Edited by Counter_Gambit
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
897 posts
5,313 battles

Kind of sucks to be on that list. Nice way to chase off casual players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
898
[HYDRO]
Members
1,859 posts
3,961 battles

I'm sorry, but I can't look at Watchmojo stuff with a straight face. I mean they got a list for Top 10 Bald Dudes, or for Top 10 booty songs, or Top 10 Mario Kart power ups. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,475 posts
9,931 battles
48 minutes ago, Venac said:

Waiting to see the stats DON'T matter players reaction to this...:Smile_glasses:

Just depends on the stats in question, WTR and Win rate, they won't tell you much, someone could face roll their keyboard for a 30% to 40% win rate. Doesn't mean they contributed anything, just means their teams carried them.

Now, if we had the stats, average finishing place, or average base XP adjusted by tier could actually tell you a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,143 posts
11,555 battles

whaaaaaat

only the carrier gameplay right? :fish_book:

because the rest of pew pew ships is absurd easy :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
50 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Ummmm........no.

I don’t know who/what Watchmojo is, but saying something doesn’t make it so. And only someone with no real experience in chess (no or <2000  ELO rating) would compare the difficulty of WoWS (or EVE) to chess. 

WoWS is an interesting game with the possibility of exercising predictive strategies and local tactics. But the number and range of those is fairly limited. 

Have you ever played EVE? EVE doesn't have a learning curve, it is a freaking cliff!

jj16ThL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
596 posts
5,962 battles

There's a lot to this game. So there's definitely an element of truth to this. WG only recently started to improve their communication and explaining how things work. Until then new players had to post on here ~gasp~ and risk getting ripped apart for asking the wrong question. I've done it, it sucks. Just trying to figure things out and you're told to "uninstall."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
442
[YAN]
Members
1,643 posts
7,793 battles
29 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

they got a list for Top 10 Bald Dudes, or for Top 10 booty songs, or Top 10 Mario Kart power ups. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh, one of those type of channels, okay nothing worth noting here.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Oh, one of those type of channels, okay nothing worth noting here.

exactly,watchmojo is a meme,buzzfeed channel filled with irrelevant things.

now people are right about EVE online,there is a reason of why it's still alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Good thing I'm in a lake right now because I literally laughed so hard, i pi $$ed my shorts. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
87 posts
4,162 battles

I played eve from 2005 till middle of last year. Every now n then there were still things you learned new 12 years in. I believe it when someone says its the most difficult online game to master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

exactly,watchmojo is a meme,buzzfeed channel filled with irrelevant things.

now people are right about EVE online,there is a reason of why it's still alive.

I did try EVE quite a few years ago and I was overwhelmed with the flood of information. I have heard that the learning cliff isn't as bad as it used to be and that the tutorials are better. I am temped to install it from Steam to give it another try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Have you ever played EVE? EVE doesn't have a learning curve, it is a freaking cliff!

jj16ThL.jpg

Being hard to PLAY and hard to LEARN or "master" is not the same thing.  Chess is easy to play, EVE is hard to play.  Chess is very difficult to master.  EVE is VERY HARD for new players to get into, but that's not because they need to learn so much and try to master it.  It's because they start SO FREAKING FAR BEHIND established players.  

The silly top 10 list was not of games that are HARD.  It was of games that are hard to 'master" or "learn."  It seems a silly list from a silly source, and all I took issue with was the idea that games on the list require "chess player level skills to master."  Of course, when you are a world class historical game like chess, famous for its intricacy, you will tend to be the reference for all such silly lists.  

Very nice graphic, though!  

Not sure why so many people are downvoting my post.  Must be chess-haters.  Lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
2 hours ago, Griphos said:

Being hard to PLAY and hard to LEARN or "master" is not the same thing.  Chess is easy to play, EVE is hard to play.  Chess is very difficult to master.  EVE is VERY HARD for new players to get into, but that's not because they need to learn so much and try to master it.  It's because they start SO FREAKING FAR BEHIND established players.  

The silly top 10 list was not of games that are HARD.  It was of games that are hard to 'master" or "learn."  It seems a silly list from a silly source, and all I took issue with was the idea that games on the list require "chess player level skills to master."  Of course, when you are a world class historical game like chess, famous for its intricacy, you will tend to be the reference for all such silly lists.  

Very nice graphic, though!  

Not sure why so many people are downvoting my post.  Must be chess-haters.  Lol.  

Yeah I might sound like I think highly of chess players but I think of them pretty like I think of checker players. Both take the same level of strategy they just have different ways of getting to the end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×