You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spartias

Stat Tracking Self-Improvement

29 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,086 battles
1 hour ago, Jester_of_War said:

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! head chin facial hair forehead

This spreadsheet... blows my mind...

People make fun of me because I geek out on spreadsheets a lot.

Now I realize I am a mere child... a primate... a potted plant on the windowsill...

I love spreadsheets! They're such fun!

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,086 battles

There have been some errors in how the API transmits data into a google sheet recently. For instance, if you have a ship, but haven't played it, the api simply duplicates data from another ship and applies it to the blank data ship. This can also happen to a ship that a player has a 0% win rate on, resulting in the amount of wins from another ship being duplicated. That tricks the sheet into thinking you have a 100% win rate instead. 

I have updated the sheet's logic to prevent these errors from manifesting in the final product. For these fixes, simply make a new copy from the original post.

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,086 battles

I have updated the link in the original post. The original link provided will now make a new copy of a new iteration of the sheet. All previous features are still available and functioning. 

The sheet has been updated to do the following:

Auto-Import Stat Goals --- If this feature is turned on, the sheet will import the server averages for ships in order to dynamically adapt the stat goals to their appropriate levels. The user may increase or decrease the an added percentage above the server average by adjusting a variable directly beneath this option. It is located in the middle of the sheet below the original stat goals. The imported/dynamically adjusted stat goals may be viewed by scrolling down. If the user sets the multiplier variable to zero, one may use this to see the non-adjusted server averages/expected variables from wows-numbers.

Player Rating --- The sheet now imports a brief overview of a player's "Player Rating" from the site wows-numbers.com. It also provides a link to the source page for ease of access. Individual ship player ratings are also calculated in the background using wows-numbers server averages/expected values. 

Spotting Damage --- Spotting damage has now been included as a imported statistic. It is not included as one of the stats required as a qualifying rank, however the data is now available for users to use as they see fit.

Potential Damage --- Potential damage has now been included as a imported statistic. It is not included as one of the stats required as a qualifying rank, however the data is now available for users to use as they see fit.

Ship Name/ID Import --- This feature is an unseen feature. The previous iteration of it no longer worked as a standalone. There have been too many additions of ships to the game. This has been updated to have double the available space. This means the load times of ship names and id's has gone up slightly, however it should mean that the sheet has been future proofed considerably.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,086 battles

12-10-2018 - 

Secondary Goals --- Sheet now allows for two separate sets of goals, competitive and secondary. Secondary goals are by default set as 15% below the competitive goals. 

Player Impact --- Located on the top right of the screen is now a new rating. Player battle count is compared to the number and frequency of player achievements. Achievements are weighted depending upon their difficulty in obtaining and how much it generally represents impact upon the game. Generates a statistic on player impact as well as shows if the impact is over or under their win rate. This statistic isn't to be taken too seriously, as it is an experiment and will likely be tweaked in the future.