Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Krill

Clan Tier X Ships from Oil

8 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
1,093 battles

I am new to clans and I did some reading.  Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on clans being able to buy community ships with oil?

Say you can purchase T10 or even lower tier ships with oil.  They can be used by any clan member one at a time.  I think this would add a nice element so players can experiment and see what different ships are like.  Also, when clan battles come into play, the team isn't relying on rentals or guys who have been around long enough to grind out to T10.  I understand the desired skill level for clans but the casual and training clans might not see players make it far enough to even have battles.

A dock with shared ships would allow more clan members to participate at the middle and lower level clans.  It would encourage players to try high tier play and learn the mechanics before throwing themselves into the fray.  I'd love to 'borrow' a (Ship Name) and try Co-Op at T9 or T10 to see what it's like and learn it so I can join my clan.  I'm barely a few months into the game and it seems like I'm still a long way away from getting into Clan Battles.

What do you think?

[KSC]
Members
81 posts
17,392 battles

While that is a nice idea, I don't think WG would go for it.  It would take out the individual grind, which is a huge function of the game economy and a huge reason why people buy flags, premium time, etc.  I think the potential downside financially would be too great for this to be seriously considered.

One idea that is similar, but that I think WG might actually consider, would be the ability to gift silver or free XP to clan mates, as long as there was a cost to it.  For instance, say you are short 20m silver for outfitting a ship and I have a huge surplus of silver.  Let me give you the 20m silver, but have it cost an extra 10-15% to do so.  I pay 22M or 22.5M silver out of my account and you receive 20M.  Or I give you 50k free XP but it costs me 55k or 57.5k free XP.  The benefit to WG is that it takes silver or free XP out of the economy.  But clans would get another perk.

[HINON]
Members
10,956 posts

There are many good reasons the rentals require at least a t8 to access and is already pretty generous.  If players really want to try the t10s they can check out the test server or work up the line like everyone. Succeeding at t10 builds on prior experience going up the line. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,253 posts
12,106 battles
10 minutes ago, Borla78 said:

One idea that is similar, but that I think WG might actually consider, would be the ability to gift silver or free XP to clan mates, as long as there was a cost to it.  For instance, say you are short 20m silver for outfitting a ship and I have a huge surplus of silver.  Let me give you the 20m silver, but have it cost an extra 10-15% to do so.  I pay 22M or 22.5M silver out of my account and you receive 20M.  Or I give you 50k free XP but it costs me 55k or 57.5k free XP.  The benefit to WG is that it takes silver or free XP out of the economy.  But clans would get another perk.

WG already had the Premium Shop where you can gift your friend/s doubloon enough to convert to FreeXP or Silver, and since they also had stuffs on sale, for example, the upcoming converting in credit in June, 1 doubloon = 1650 instead of 1500.

This already create revenue for WG

[KSC]
Members
81 posts
17,392 battles
4 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

WG already had the Premium Shop where you can gift your friend/s doubloon enough to convert to FreeXP or Silver, and since they also had stuffs on sale, for example, the upcoming converting in credit in June, 1 doubloon = 1650 instead of 1500.

This already create revenue for WG

The amount of people in clans who would take advantage of my suggestion likely dwarfs the amount of people who gift doubloons.  Plus, there are many of us who play a lot that have more silver and/or FreeXp than we'll ever need.  I have over 500M silver and over 1.5M Free XP.  And that is after keeping every ship I've grinded for about the last 18 months and after purchasing every free XP ship available (without converting FreeXP for any of them).  There are a handful of guys in my clan in similar circumstances, while others in my clan struggle to have silver or free XP.  I'd love some way to balance that out, at least with clan mates.  I also don't think it would be completely detrimental to WG.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,253 posts
12,106 battles
7 hours ago, Borla78 said:

while others in my clan struggle to have silver or free XP

But WG is business model, they need to generate revenue, and to encourage ppl actually spend real money is the way to go. 

[XO]
Members
206 posts
8,166 battles
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, RipNuN2 said:

There are many good reasons the rentals require at least a t8 to access and is already pretty generous.  If players really want to try the t10s they can check out the test server or work up the line like everyone. Succeeding at t10 builds on prior experience going up the line. 

BUT it would make sense for a player who is resorting to the use of a Rental to be able to take part in Clan Battles to be able to "test drive" the T-10 Rental once he unlocks them. WG could charge a fee, there are many options available for that aspect (either Clan Oil, Individual Silver, XP or minimum Doubloon cost for instance) and by charging each player a fee it wouldn't be to anyone's advantage to just take one out for a test run (stipulations could also be put in place like - if a player owns a T-10 he is not eligible to 'use' the Rental until CBs start). Considering a player using a Rental in CBs is ALREADY at a disadvantage (no Camo etc.) at least they would get the general idea of how to use the ship in battle, ending the "penalize the entire team" mentality of WG policy regarding Rental Ships.

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Beta Testers
19 posts
14,448 battles
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, Commander_Krill said:

I am new to clans and I did some reading.  Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on clans being able to buy community ships with oil?

Say you can purchase T10 or even lower tier ships with oil.  They can be used by any clan member one at a time.  I think this would add a nice element so players can experiment and see what different ships are like.  Also, when clan battles come into play, the team isn't relying on rentals or guys who have been around long enough to grind out to T10.  I understand the desired skill level for clans but the casual and training clans might not see players make it far enough to even have battles.

A dock with shared ships would allow more clan members to participate at the middle and lower level clans.  It would encourage players to try high tier play and learn the mechanics before throwing themselves into the fray.  I'd love to 'borrow' a (Ship Name) and try Co-Op at T9 or T10 to see what it's like and learn it so I can join my clan.  I'm barely a few months into the game and it seems like I'm still a long way away from getting into Clan Battles.

What do you think?

Mate really, anyone that doesn't have a tier ten really shouldn't be playing. Wargaming shouldn't even be giving the rental out. Clan wars should be for people that only have tier 10s

Sign in to follow this