You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

Does Warships today exist anymore?

25 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I know this site has been having issues pretty much every day since the game came out, but this time I cant even access it. Does the site even exist anymore?

Beta Testers
2,837 posts
12,677 battles

It still exists but no maintenance done to it to keep it up to date, it does show some stuff 

[XXX]
Members
859 posts
3,045 battles
25 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

It still exists but no maintenance done to it to keep it up to date, it does show some stuff 

2 different browsers, both show a blank page.

[INTEL]
Members
7,189 posts
30,102 battles

I gave up on it and removed it from my sig - what's the point to show a static, old image, that sometimes doesn't even render.

As a software developer, I understand the work involved, and the labor of love and selfish help to the community, and I appreciate that. I also understand that if the work become too burdensome or onerous (time and money) and can be continued, I would have either started a Patron page to get funding (haven't seen that), or donate the code to someone that can continue the work instead.

Beta Testers
2,837 posts
12,677 battles

I have been using it to look up a particular scrubs stats tonight, so seems to be working, if your talking about the signature then I don't think that part of it is.

Members
2,167 posts
4,892 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

I have been using it to look up a particular scrubs stats tonight, so seems to be working, if your talking about the signature then I don't think that part of it is.

Mind telling me more about him? ^^

Beta Testers
2,837 posts
12,677 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Mind telling me more about him? ^^

Nothing there to tell really, pretty uneventful kind of a player, I would say gets carried a lot.

Members
2,167 posts
4,892 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

Nothing there to tell really, pretty uneventful kind of a player, I would say gets carried a lot.

The other day someone thought I was a weekend warrior because I criticized him ordering the team to go C on Fault Line, when A and B were the clear choices. Looked up his stats..... It was a sea of orange.

Beta Testers
2,837 posts
12,677 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

The other day someone thought I was a weekend warrior because I criticized him ordering the team to go C on Fault Line, when A and B were the clear choices. Looked up his stats..... It was a sea of orange.

Read, scroll down to where you see me post then the attack from this guy, its pretty funny where it ends up.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Oh well... goes to show you that WoWs "fansites" don't have enough fans to support their efforts through ad revenue.

Game isnt popular enough at all. Look at how many Twitch streams there are too, it's sad.

[B2P]
Members
48 posts
13,708 battles

had to hit refresh 3 time before any stat info would show. quit using it myself and went to na.wows-numbers.com

[NGAGE]
Members
3,487 posts
8,509 battles
45 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Oh well... goes to show you that WoWs "fansites" don't have enough fans to support their efforts through ad revenue.

Game isnt popular enough at all. Look at how many Twitch streams there are too, it's sad.

The part I don't understand is why it actually costs so much to run that site and if it does cost that much, why it's never been clear to me.

WG could probably run that site (or a similar one) for pennies per year.

Members
4,618 posts
7,557 battles

I went to the base site (this morning) and was able to log in. New ship lines are added automatically but server average stats for the new/split lines are not as that looks to need to be added.  The sig does not work at all for the past couple of days.

The part I don't understand is why it actually costs so much to run that site and if it does cost that much, why it's never been clear to me.

It costs some amount of money for hosting but the biggest part is the coding and upkeep that takes time - it can take a good bit of time.  If they don't co-locate the server then a server has to be paid for and any associated cost with that. 

I want to say that WoWs-Numbers if WG site but it is very much inferior to WarshipsToday.  As a QA professional I find the design to be really bad, hard to find info, and find that WarshiposToday updates the data far faster.

Members
300 posts
6,969 battles

WG need to take a page out of Mobas like Dota 2 in how to present/provide statistics players in-game.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,139 posts
5,937 battles
3 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

WG need to take a page out of Mobas like Dota 2 in how to present/provide statistics players in-game.

and make the game more toxic?no thanks.

everyone know what happened to wot the moment stats began to matter.

Members
256 posts
8,138 battles
11 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

arent there mods that already do that?

Members
300 posts
6,969 battles
17 minutes ago, MokrieDela said:

arent there mods that already do that?

Yes, there are but not everyone knows about these mods and most of all most do not know how to install the software. 

25 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

and make the game more toxic?no thanks.

everyone know what happened to wot the moment stats began to matter.

We already have statistical information ingame in the profile section .....what I want is more. I want to look back at a game I had last week and look all the data. If I had a bad game understand what I did wrong/could do better. Right now the information available is very basic. I do not want to go to third party websites to find this information out

Edited by Robinhood_

Members
4,618 posts
7,557 battles
4 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Still just a blank white page with a single ad at the top.

It is still up for me - just refreshed it (2 times) and it came up and it shows the 9 games I have played in the Richelieu and the stats are correct when compared to the in game stats for the ship..

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,476 battles

It is as dead as the Dodo. WOWS stats and numbers is a better stat site. Gives you a much better breakdown on 
all your ships and day to day progress.