Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
yacskn

What Happened To Moskva?

17 comments in this topic

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles

Edit: Nope. Don't read the rest. I don't want you to witness my shame and ignorance and the devastation of all I held dear.

TL;DR: Nothing changed about the Moskva. There was a long-standing mistake about its turn radius which just got corrected (like 2 years later ffs) and shattered all my illusions about what I thought to be true.

I don't even know what's real anymore.

giphy.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw its stats today on the test server and realised that it now has 1050m turn radius. Then I took it out for a ride.

Oh, boy... Gone is the agile, comfortable handling of the old Moskva and its role as a long-range kiting support. This new one is an absolute dog. I got hit like 7/10 times at long-range, kiting, because it's so friggin slow to respond now. This thing used to be a slippery mamma-jamma, averaging 120k damage kiting and supporting. I absolutely hate this new Moskva.

Has there been any news about this change that I've missed? I know about the bow armour change, but this... Never seen anything about this.

Is this a result of an attempt to change Moskva's role from a long-range support one to mid-range bow-tanking one? I mean this is how most people use this ship anyway (and fail spectacularly), so I get the buff to ends armour, but why does it have to use its agility in the process? This ship lives or dies on its ability to shift its weight, you lose that and the ship is practically a large, convenient damage farm for the red team.

I happen to think the whole armour buff is WG rewarding bad players for not understanding the ship and playing it the wrong way, but whatever. I just don't understand why those who use it properly need to be penalised in the process.

Say it ain't so WG. Say it ain't so.

giphy.gif

Edited by yacskn

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

Oh, I was just about to tell him to "adapt and overcome" (since I have no idea how to play T10 cruisers, and I have worst stats than him, I am therefore qualified to post this as per forum hypocrisy rules)

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
2 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

What you experienced is known as the placebo effect.

Say what now?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles

Moskva's turning circle was always 1050 meters. The 760 listed in port in 7.5 and before is an error.

@LittleWhiteMouse and me found this out while doing laps to record turning rates. There are more ships suffering from the same false turning circle listing, mostly Russian ships actually.

You can test this out by taking your Moskva on the live server and noting the speed at 4/4 throttle with rudder hardover and timing a full circle, then doing the same on the test server.

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

Moskva's turning circle was always 1050 meters. The 760 listed in port in 7.5 and before is an error.

@LittleWhiteMouse and me found this out while doing laps to record turning rates. There are more ships suffering from the same false turning circle listing, mostly Russian ships actually.

Wait, stop this useful posting!

No one has posted a screenshot of them getting a huge damage Moskva game yet.

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

@LittleWhiteMouse and me found this out while doing laps to record turning rates.

At first, I thought that might be the case, but then I kinda remember Moskva guns not being able to track targets at hard turns.

Was I thinking of something else?

It'd be pretty embarrassing if that was the case. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by yacskn

[-K-]
Members
470 posts
13,428 battles
2 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Say what now?

They didn't change the turning circle. They merely re-labeled it.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
1 minute ago, yacskn said:

Probably.

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

There are more ships suffering from the same false turning circle listing, mostly Russian ships actually.

I bet one of them is the Des Moines, that thing turns like a truck. Feels nowhere near what it should feel like if that number is true.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,995 battles
12 minutes ago, yacskn said:

It'd be pretty embarrassing if that was the case.:Smile_hiding:

Maybe you thinking about Warspite LOL 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
4 minutes ago, yacskn said:

I bet one of them is the Des Moines, that thing turns like a truck. Feels nowhere near what it should feel like if that number is true.

Actually I think that one was accurate. Can't be sure though, Mouse has the lists. I just twirl botes, she does the actual science.

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Actually I think that one was accurate. Can't be sure though, Mouse has the lists. I just twirl botes, she does the actual science.

Damn it Lert, can't you let me have this one? You're shaking my hold on reality to its core. Nothing I know is real!

*sobs in the corner*

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
2 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Damn it Lert, can't you let me have this one?

No.

ICdzGUk.jpg

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,891 posts
11,539 battles

With it intended upgrade of the 50mm bow armour there is no need for it turn any more

Sign in to follow this