You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

What's your cut off goal for battling?

20 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,809 battles

When do you call it quits for a game session? Earn a container(s)? Number of ships sunk? To be in a winning match? Not to be sunk?

I'm a relatively new player and for me any game session I start I try to keep going until I win at least one container and then check the time before I consider starting another round of battles.

[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles

1 battle is a container for me, 3 battles is 2 containers and 5 or 6 will usually net the 3rd one. It really depends on my mood how many battles I play. I have been doing a lot of scenarios lately. I have ships to buy and not the credits, I don't sell ships. 221 of them to date.

[STW-M]
Members
3,103 posts
7,342 battles

If I have 3 really bad losses in a row, I usually call it a night.

Otherwise, I generally play until I either complete or make good progress into a combat mission, or until I get the 2nd or 3rd create.

[WNSTN]
Members
2,709 posts
16,399 battles

Get all containers, complete all daily challenges. Usually take no more than 10 games a night

[L-H]
Members
82 posts
8,752 battles

Generally speaking. I play until I have gotten at least 2 of the daily containers and completed the available missions if the reward is decent. Otherwise the only thing stopping me is more than 8 losses in a row or consistently bad teams.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,680 posts
4,472 battles

When I suddenly feel like stopping, or when it's time for bed. Usually it's the latter, because on most days I start playing this game late at night, around 10 pm. After about an hour or hour and a half... well... I gotta get up early next day for work. So... bed time. But on day-off's or on weekends, definitely the former.

[EQRN]
Members
1,023 posts
11,251 battles

My current strategy is to grind two ships via random and work on upgrades for other ships in the wings via co-op.  I only play the 2 grind ships until I get the first win bonus.  Then I chill out co-op'ing the others before calling it a night.  Usually nab 2 containers.  Limits my playtime to no more than 2 hours.  The xmas events burnt me out, and that's not something I want to experience again.  Fortunately I had the Indy already, so not sweating the 21 of 26 stuff going on at the moment, and it feels good :)

[RLGN]
Members
10,393 posts
19,678 battles
25 minutes ago, checksix51_2 said:

Generally speaking. I play until I have gotten at least 2 of the daily containers and completed the available missions if the reward is decent. Otherwise the only thing stopping me is more than 8 losses in a row or consistently bad teams.

Kinda this^^^

Or if I really have an awesome game, I'll take a break at least. Mostly 'cause 'Hard Act to Follow,' reasons.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles

When someone calls me a "NOOB" so one or two games a night.

• Funny 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,439 posts
6,065 battles

I have 8 primary ships, with 4 the highest priority (grinding Colorado for NC, Buffalo for DM,  Myoko for Mogami, and Konig to Bizmark). Try to play at least each one for daily bonus. If I get a string of losses, I'll just focus on getting the main 4's daily bonuses. If I have a good day and enough free time, I'll shoot for getting all 3 daily containers. 

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

When you get detonated..... in your Yamato......by another Yamato.......from 24 km away.

That's when I stopped tonight,

• Funny 3

[TDRB]
Members
2,681 posts
7,760 battles

At bedtime. My son introduced me to this game. His job & family keeps him busy so I don't get to see him but 3 or 4 times a month so we try to game a couple of nights a week. He has always been interested in warships.

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,372 battles
3 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

When do you call it quits for a game session? Earn a container(s)? Number of ships sunk? To be in a winning match? Not to be sunk?

I'm a relatively new player and for me any game session I start I try to keep going until I win at least one container and then check the time before I consider starting another round of battles.

I aim for three containers and or complete missions. I do switch battle modes during a session. If Iam on a winning streak, I
tend do over do it. " Maybe "

Members
352 posts
4,297 battles

Usually for me it is the clock.  I work a night shift schedule and more or less stick to it on my off days, so my play time is usually later at night.  Once the server player count gets below about 3500 the quality of the matches gets excessively poor.  One or two of those types of games and I get too frustrated to continue.  Sometimes I will set a goal at the start of a session; complete a mission/challenge, finish the grind on a ship, get all 3 daily containers, etc. and will log out when I finish.  Last night I logged out in frustration after being unable to carry hard enough in my Montana to get a win despite 3 very good games, including a 209k dmg/4 kill effort in which our CV was afk for the entire match. 

tl;dr I guess it depends lol

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,846 posts
4,855 battles

2 containers unless there's a mission to complete, I'd complete it first.

If I'm forcing myself to play, one box.

[PVE]
Members
710 posts
5,779 battles

Most days I play for about an hour. Other times when I have more time I quit after I finish a mission or get my third crate.