You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Professor_Jumbo

Steering locked out?

10 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
1,910 battles

Not sure what this is, but every once in a while,I won't be able to turn.  I can do forward and back, but can't turn at all.  After a while it will fix itself.

I am not talking about a jammed rudder, that's different.  This thing only happens when I'm going straight, usually when I have not taken damage.  This is a known thing?

[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,509 battles

If the steering isn't jammed I'm not certain. 

I know every so often I'll tab out to Discord or something and be accidentally typing in the box in there, instead of helming my ship. Though usually I catch that. Shouldn't be the case if your speed is still working though. 

Could be a lag spike, so you just have to wait out input to go to normal then ok. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Glitchin Happens before you start your day try the integrity check .top right of the load in screen is a settings click that,then click support, then click check.

it takes about 3 mins and if it finds any problems it will fix them automatically..

[N-W-T]
Members
1,414 posts
6,012 battles

Usually when this happens to me, my chat window says "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[STW-M]
Members
3,068 posts
7,238 battles

Well, sometimes I switch windows for various reasons (like checking an email) and return to find out that my controls are completely locked.

I've found 2 ways of solving this:

1. randomly click about until you can control your ship again
  2. switch to another window and switch back again

It could also be a connection issue or a game issue, and either restarting your internet or your game also works.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
1,910 battles

Sometimes I'll switch windows by mistake.  But when that happens, nothing works.  This thing happens and only steering is effected, everything else will work fine.

4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Glitchin Happens before you start your day try the integrity check .top right of the load in screen is a settings click that,then click support, then click check.

it takes about 3 mins and if it finds any problems it will fix them automatically..

Awesome, I'll give that a try, thanks .

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

A thread earlier mentioned guns would fire on their own.

Possible this might be a similar issue.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,049 posts

It's an RNG malfunction caused by a selected Captain Skill point.

Which one?  These malfunctions move around between updates.  At one time, it was Expert Marksman.

It would only malfunction after their Target Lock, AND your Expert Marksman was selected, AND their Torpedoes were launched. 

Control would be returned a few moments after torpedoes were detected...

The only way to avoid the walls of skill are to constantly adjust your speed along with your direction.

It's a WASD hack...  not just an AD hack.

....  and like I said, it's only giving you this curse in missions you are supposed to lose (bad RNG). 

You can fight bad RNG by using your brain.  If you suddenly see all the experienced players hiding behind islands...   They know.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles
1 hour ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

Not sure what this is, but every once in a while,I won't be able to turn.  I can do forward and back, but can't turn at all.  After a while it will fix itself.

I am not talking about a jammed rudder, that's different.  This thing only happens when I'm going straight, usually when I have not taken damage.  This is a known thing?

I had the same problem. It was early in the match before the shooting started. 

[EQRN]
Members
986 posts
11,190 battles

Well, I find on rare occasion the keyboard doesn't take inputs.  I'll hold either a or d and realize after a few moments I'm not turning.  Re holding either key will start turning.  I also find chat will often double enter letters.  I've had two different keyboards with the same issues, it seems like WGs keyboard interface could be a little better.

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Cool 1