Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aessaya

[0.10.6.0] Mermaid's Wrath — The Complete Collection

652 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts
36 minutes ago, SovereignGFC said:

Dumb question: So I know there are voicelines for things like "I need help" and "Get back!" with this mod.

Except...I rarely if ever hear them.  Just the game's "Beep!" plus the text in chat.

There was a time in May 2021 when the voicelines played for player quick-chats but they haven't since.

That.... is rather strange.    Are these outgoing or incoming?   And are you operating any other mods at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[IXM]
Members
284 posts
5,851 battles
20 hours ago, SovereignGFC said:

Dumb question: So I know there are voicelines for things like "I need help" and "Get back!" with this mod.

Except...I rarely if ever hear them.  Just the game's "Beep!" plus the text in chat.

There was a time in May 2021 when the voicelines played for player quick-chats but they haven't since.

I'll investigate this weekend. In the mean time, anyone else is having this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[TACOS]
Members
10 posts
3,116 battles
On 6/9/2021 at 3:22 PM, Chobittsu said:

That.... is rather strange.    Are these outgoing or incoming?   And are you operating any other mods at the same time?

This is incoming quick chat only.  

When I use it (say F3 for "Shoot that boat") it plays back fine.

My mods installed:

  • Max Speed of Target
  • All Nomogram crosshairs
  • Customizable Panels by Roslich
  • Radar-Timer
  • Detection Timer after Main Battery Fire
  • Running Lights
  • Score Timer
  • Advanced HP Bar
  • Regen Assistant
  • Damage Meter
  • Compact Quick Commands Panel
  • Ship Info Panel -- Enemy
  • AutoSpy Minimap
  • Advanced Chat BADoBEST
  • Navigator Big
  • Good News
  • Ship Win Rate
  • Remove Fog and Glare Plus Calm Sea
  • Battlestations Pacific Secondaries*
  • Mermaid's Wrath*

Mods with * are manual installs.  The rest are ModStation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,651
[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts

We'll get this all patched up over the weekend, Saya is pretty swamped with work right now

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[TACOS]
Members
10 posts
3,116 battles
18 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

We'll get this all patched up over the weekend, Saya is pretty swamped with work right now

Oh, were you able to verify that incoming quick chat not playing for me is an actual problem and not just my computer/install being dumb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[IXM]
Members
284 posts
5,851 battles
7 hours ago, SovereignGFC said:

Oh, were you able to verify that incoming quick chat not playing for me is an actual problem and not just my computer/install being dumb?

Sorry, haven't had to do anything WoWs-related lately. Literally buried under a pile of work. Send halp.

  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[IXM]
Members
284 posts
5,851 battles
3 hours ago, SovereignGFC said:

Is there a difference between downloading these files manually vs. using the "magic tool?"

Nope. In fact, these are usually generated via the "magic tool" anyway. I provide them for those who can't or do not want to run the tool on their own, for whatever reason. If you are using it, then feel free to skip these.

Edited by Aessaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[TACOS]
Members
10 posts
3,116 battles

So I just saw this clip posted to reddit today.

As you can hear at 12 seconds in, a player uses the quick chat and "You IDIOTS!" is heard.

This strongly suggests to me that there's a problem with my install of Mermaid's Wrath, or perhaps a mod incompatibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[IXM]
Members
284 posts
5,851 battles
17 hours ago, SovereignGFC said:

So I just saw this clip posted to reddit today.

As you can hear at 12 seconds in, a player uses the quick chat and "You IDIOTS!" is heard.

This strongly suggests to me that there's a problem with my install of Mermaid's Wrath, or perhaps a mod incompatibility.

[eurobeat intensifies]

It would indeed look like that. Plus, over this time no one else has chimed in with this issue, so it would appear that's a problem unique to your install. Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the mod from the web?

Edited by Aessaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[TACOS]
Members
10 posts
3,116 battles
On 6/27/2021 at 7:28 AM, Aessaya said:

[eurobeat intensifies]

It would indeed look like that. Plus, over this time no one else has chimed in with this issue, so it would appear that's a problem unique to your install. Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the mod from the web?

So I'm out of ideas right now.

I uninstalled all my mods.  Quick chat voiceovers were still missing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game, placing only Mermaid's Wrath in the mods directory.  Quick chat voiceovers still MIA.

Edited by SovereignGFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts

I'll ask in a chat where the devs occasionally stick their head's in, maybe they know something I don't

[EDIT]: The devs called back, there hasn't been any changes lately that would effect it, so unless something else is installed that conflicts with it... I'm stumped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TSIOF]
Members
3 posts
7,171 battles

So... 2 years later... does this still work?

testing

 

Yes... Yes it does
Unfortunately it covers over my Jingles with Rita (so I don't think that is a complete fail)
And it doesn't cover over my Dutch captain
Or other new captains
 

Edit, will have to test to see if Rita has the similar lines to Jingles

Edited by Muireach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts
10 hours ago, Muireach said:

So... 2 years later... does this still work?

testing

 

Yes... Yes it does
Unfortunately it covers over my Jingles with Rita (so I don't think that is a complete fail)
And it doesn't cover over my Dutch captain
Or other new captains
 

Edit, will have to test to see if Rita has the similar lines to Jingles

The Rita captain doesn't have unique dialogues, but we are currently working on the v3.0 of the voices which bring in several hundred new lines and new actresses.  (Disclaimer, only several new actresses, not several hundred... that would be silly  ;P   )
As for the captain portraits, we're still developing them and working on new ones to update the old.   Theres just a LOT of work to do still and if you haven't heard of the recent WoWS drama, things for me right now are really hectic and I've been juggling a LOT of duties as a result

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[ROTTN]
Members
27 posts
25,873 battles

Many of our clan use Mermaids' Wrath, and love it!  ...That said, could you PLEASE clairify one particular phrase for me, one that despite the literally hundreds of times I've heard it, I can't quite make out:  [player hits "Speed Boost" key]-- "You're so fast! Like ???dies you're so fast!"  --What is the actual wording for this phrase?   --Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts
Just now, Alfa66 said:

Many of our clan use Mermaids' Wrath, and love it!  ...That said, could you PLEASE clairify one particular phrase for me, one that despite the literally hundreds of times I've heard it, I can't quite make out:  [player hits "Speed Boost" key]-- "You're so fast! Like ???dies you're so fast!"  --What is the actual wording for this phrase?   --Thanks 

All the current speed boost activation lines:
"Increase boiler pressure! Flank speed!"
"Engine room, bridge! More speed!"
"Faster! We need more speed!"   "This is as faster as she can go ma'am!"
"Gotta go fast!"   "Wait, what're you d-"    "GOTTA GO FAST!!!"
 

With the next major patch we intend to double this number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[ROTTN]
Members
27 posts
25,873 battles

Hmmm...  I could swear that I've heard that phrase just recently upon activating my DD's Speed Boost, but there've been a LOT of Aslain's Updates lately, trying to keep up with WG.  Do you know what that phrase used to say?  I.e., it sounded like:  "You're so fast! Like tuuwooodies, you're so fast!"  (In a playful voice tone an adult would use to talk to a newly-mobile baby or toddler.)   Here, I've been wondering about it for a couple of years-- now I hate to think it's been deleted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts
3 minutes ago, Alfa66 said:

Hmmm...  I could swear that I've heard that phrase just recently upon activating my DD's Speed Boost, but there've been a LOT of Aslain's Updates lately, trying to keep up with WG.  Do you know what that phrase used to say?  I.e., it sounded like:  "You're so fast! Like tuuwooodies, you're so fast!"  (In a playful voice tone an adult would use to talk to a newly-mobile baby or toddler.)   Here, I've been wondering about it for a couple of years-- now I hate to think it's been deleted!

We've never had a line like that, is it possible you have us confused for another voice mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[ROTTN]
Members
27 posts
25,873 battles

No. I've never used any other voice mod. Note that it's not the "commander's" voice-- but one of the snarky underlings-- perhaps the XO?  I will see if it comes up again when I play tonight, and perhaps find some way to send you the audio.  Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[ROTTN]
Members
27 posts
25,873 battles

On thinking about it-- I believe it might be the Engineering Officer's voice-- the same one that replies to the Captain "...This is as fas as she can go, m'am." (above), and that on Speed Boost ending, imitates Star Trek's "Scotty" telling the Captain that if she doesn't slow down "...the whole thing'll blow!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,718
[SOUP]
Modder
9,049 posts
2 minutes ago, Alfa66 said:

On thinking about it-- I believe it might be the Engineering Officer's voice-- the same one that replies to the Captain "...This is as fas as she can go, m'am." (above), and that on Speed Boost ending, imitates Star Trek's "Scotty" telling the Captain that if she doesn't slow down "...the whole thing'll blow!"

Ahhhh, okay that's one from the ability turning off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[BUFF]
Members
3 posts
8,492 battles

Now v2.6 voice pack is not compatible since game ver 0.10.6.0.

Is it only me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[WOLFH]
Members
371 posts
23,451 battles
20 hours ago, szfzafa said:

Now v2.6 voice pack is not compatible since game ver 0.10.6.0.

Is it only me?

I updated my mods via the most recent Aslain's mod pack and Mermaid's Wrath is working fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×