Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Naval tactical/strategy pc games?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
334 posts
5,868 battles

Do you know any other naval pc games in which you can manage entire fleets? I would appreciate if you let me know.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
620
[VW]
Members
2,383 posts
14,123 battles

People used to play harpoon, but i never tried kt and i’m sure if you did today it would seem like atari to you. I will assume you dont know what atari is, and leave you to find out :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
410
[SYN]
Members
1,509 posts
16,721 battles

Harpoon was pretty good stuff.  I think it was almost better before they started adding the graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
66 posts
3,000 battles

I think you can download some classic games like Harpoon on some retro gaming websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
619 posts
4,429 battles

WWII Pacific focused Carriers at War is on sale on slitherine.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

On console Battlestations was pretty good. I too would like some more games similar, even tank/aircraft etc. Not so much pvp or f2p, something campaign driven etc. Tried warthunder but wasnt my bag :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,323
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,739 posts
10,776 battles
2 hours ago, Schnauzahpowahz said:

On console Battlestations was pretty good. I too would like some more games similar, even tank/aircraft etc. Not so much pvp or f2p, something campaign driven etc. Tried warthunder but wasnt my bag :Smile_sad:

The Battlestations games are on steam for less than $10 each. There are also the WWI & Russo-Japanese war games from Storm Eagle Studios but they are quite complicated. http://www.stormpowered.com/stormcloud/store/index.asp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,018
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,918 posts
14,702 battles

The Great Naval Battles series, Jutland, Harpoon, Age of Sail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Haven't heard some of these, I'll look into them :cap_like:

 Battlestations midway may get a download from me, game was unique switching between aircraft and all manners of ships. But if I recall it could be quite frustrating sometimes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,398 posts
20,618 battles

Go to Matrix game website title is War In The Pacific by Gary Grigsby a huge Strategy game will take time to learn also WAR in Russia by Gary Grigsby  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
701
[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,398 posts
20,618 battles
17 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Go to Matrix game website title is War In The Pacific by Gary Grigsby a huge Strategy game will take time to learn also WAR in Russia by Gary Grigsby  

They also have the last upgraded one from 2009 called War in the Pacific Admirals Edition with all the latest upgrade to that game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
334 posts
5,868 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There are also the WWI & Russo-Japanese war games from Storm Eagle Studios but they are quite complicated. http://www.stormpowered.com/stormcloud/store/index.asp

I have Distant Guns 1.5. Let me to show you some screenshots of the game I've just made:

Is a great game since has every ship engaged in Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905 including PC Diana, PC Aurora, PC Bogatyr, PC Varyag and BB Mikasa that are also in World of Warships. The manual is complete and engaging, has even a campaign, the camera is little difficult to handle but the fleet management is awesome. Also the ships are small for me and need to use a big zoom, but the ship columns and smoke looks amazing too. 

5b1cf0913e97c_DistantGuns1.thumb.jpg.3023cf5be9c62ee1d24bc0207d3d5c0a.jpg

Distant Guns 2.jpg

5b1cf1526323c_DistantGuns3.thumb.jpg.f10647a36ea2a36d79116a16554b2f92.jpg

Distant Guns 4.jpg

Edited by Avrova1904

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,323
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,739 posts
10,776 battles
4 hours ago, Avrova1904 said:

I have Distant Guns 1.5. Let me to show you some screenshots of the game I've just made:

Is a great game since has every ship engaged in Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905 including PC Diana, PC Aurora, PC Bogatyr, PC Varyag and BB Mikasa that are also in World of Warships. The manual is complete and engaging, has even a campaign, the camera is little difficult to handle but the fleet management is awesome. Also the ships are small for me and need to use a big zoom, but the ship columns and smoke looks amazing too. 

5b1cf0913e97c_DistantGuns1.thumb.jpg.3023cf5be9c62ee1d24bc0207d3d5c0a.jpg

Distant Guns 2.jpg

5b1cf1526323c_DistantGuns3.thumb.jpg.f10647a36ea2a36d79116a16554b2f92.jpg

Distant Guns 4.jpg

It is extremely good looking for a 2006 game. I did have this and Jutland but lost the keys, I should pop for them again.

Edit: The gaming gods were smiling on me, I found my login info for Stormpowered. It uses an old email which I can't access anymore but as long as they don'e email me it is cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×