You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenennigans

The Least Fortunate Kagero Ever

18 comments in this topic

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,443 battles

I've never seen a less lucky DD. It was near the end of a close match in my Des Moines, enemy losing their lead and I see a smoke screen recapping B point. Pop radar, and there's a Kagero at almost full life (like 95%) already speeding up. My rear guns weren't ready so I fire the front two turrets... 6 shells. At least 5 shells hit, the first few bringing him below 75% health, the remaining one or two shells hit and detonated him lol. I've never seen a single salvo (much less 2/3rds of a full salvo) take someone from basically full, to below the 75% detonation threshold, and detonate them. I mean RNG on the dispersion (we weren't too far, but far enough to miss a few shells ~9km-ish), radar, the ORDER the shells hit  and where they did... a lot of things aligned to screw that guy over lol. So, Nodyarbz, if you read this, I'm sorry that happened to you lol. Was a really good game though (for me... obviously not that poor, poor Kagero).

shot-18_06.09_17_13.57-0553.thumb.jpg.e3dfd7bd3d7e6a9a6ee5597fb32c3275.jpg

shot-18_06.09_17_14.20-0657.thumb.jpg.bc49e52b2393e1a225a86e4cfb1a13fc.jpgshot-18_06.09_17_14.43-0773.thumb.jpg.1014bd134ee996c377e8c19a418753cb.jpg

• Funny 1

Members
5,299 posts
6,051 battles

The one match I played so far today in Lyon, end of the game, one Fubuki left, our team capping their base and trying to kill him.

I load up HE, and let loose on some of his possible evasive paths. 15 out of 16 shells splash in the water, the one that got lucky and struck landed somewhere around the 3rd torp launcher and detonated him for over 50% of his HP.

Poor guy, and he was doing a really good job of evading fire from 3-5 other ships. He wouldn't have won the game for his team, but it was pretty good evasive maneuvering.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,034 posts
14,618 battles

This is so ironic, I just hit a Kagero with two torps from my Shima and he lived. even though he only had 18k health and my torps are almost 24k, kagero torpedo belt is strong...…………………...

Members
2 posts
1,130 battles

Hey, I was the Kagero! Honestly wasn't too mad, I already had 3-4 captures in the match, still though, that was really annoying! Just wanna say, you played really well and were a big part of the reason your team ended up winning.

Edited by Nodyarbz
  • Cool 8

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

Fun and engaging indeed. I was trying to drive a near full health Benson off of B cap in Atlanta, firing from max range. Of course, nothing was hitting him but he was running away which is what I wanted. I had stopped firing and about 10 seconds later, ONE of my shells hit him and poof he was gone. All I could do was go in general chat and apologize lol................

[DENY]
Members
615 posts
6,539 battles

One time in my zao I detonated a Shima I believe in one full salvo 

[DANKY]
Members
722 posts
2,066 battles

Hah, I love moments like the old game when some BB took a blind pot shot from across the map and it detonated my T7 Kiev around 30 seconds into the game.  You want to get mad, then you read about actual naval battles where radios went on the fritz at comically bad times, key scout reports got ignored for dumb reasons, and a perfect torp broadside swam under the target or BONGed harmlessly off the side because of a dud fuse. 

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,822 posts
6,835 battles

I recall one time in my Cleveland back when it was tier 6, it had turned into a 1v1 between me and a Mutsuki, with the Mutsuki's team ahead on points.

In other words, whether or not he survived would determine which team would win. Thus, a cat-and-mouse ensues, him dodging as much as he could and me trying desperately to kill him before time runs out.

Literally one second before the match ends, I manage to wipe out the last 500 or so hp and win the match for our team. If dispersion had been less generous, our team would've lost.

I gave him a sympathy compliment due to that.

[PVE]
Members
2,764 posts
20,843 battles

Before the 75% requirement I detonated a full life Kurfurst w/just 1 Gearing torp at the very start of a match...I couldn't apologize enough for that 1.

I did comp him for it to try & lessen the blow.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[INTEL]
Members
1,183 posts
10,585 battles

Sometimes you have to just shug it off. A few days ago I was driving the Richy on Neighbors. Maybe 1.5 min into the match a Nurnberg got spotted just long enough to get my guns close and he was gone again. I went ahead and took the shot. Double Cit and a full pen. Sorry dude.

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,443 battles
13 hours ago, Nodyarbz said:

Hey, I was the Kagero! Honestly wasn't too mad, I already had 3-4 captures in the match, still though, that was really annoying! Just wanna say, you played really well and were a big part of the reason your team ended up winning.

Haha thanks man! I put that "if you read this" part in my post, but definitely didn't expect you to read it lol. I couldn't believe that one though, definitely one of the luckier shots I've seen. I actually just got the Kagero myself, but I am poop-awful with DDs. At least your death was a bit undeserved, every time I die in my IJN DDs, I want to get a bit upset... but I know it was my fault lol. Just, "Yep... I deserved that" and go back to my cruisers lol.

Members
2 posts
1,130 battles
9 hours ago, Shenennigans said:

Haha thanks man! I put that "if you read this" part in my post, but definitely didn't expect you to read it lol. I couldn't believe that one though, definitely one of the luckier shots I've seen. I actually just got the Kagero myself, but I am poop-awful with DDs. At least your death was a bit undeserved, every time I die in my IJN DDs, I want to get a bit upset... but I know it was my fault lol. Just, "Yep... I deserved that" and go back to my cruisers lol.

I only saw it cause a clan mate mentioned reading it and linked it to me. Also most of the time I die is like getting radared, or getting into a gun fight, try to play a bit more passive i guess.

Beta Testers
1,481 posts
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Sweetsie said:

This is so ironic, I just hit a Kagero with two torps from my Shima and he lived. even though he only had 18k health and my torps are almost 24k, kagero torpedo belt is strong...…………………...

its a glitch WG refuses to fix because doing so would mean the biasKhab would die to torpedoes from DDs it should rightfully be spanking and dumping.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
23 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Before the 75% requirement I detonated a full life Kurfurst w/just 1 Gearing torp at the very start of a match...I couldn't apologize enough for that 1.

I did comp him for it to try & lessen the blow.

Could have been me. I had that happen once. Hit straight on the nose. Fun and engaging.

Edited by w4spl3g

[PVE]
Members
2,764 posts
20,843 battles
4 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Could have been me. I had that happen once. Hit straight on the nose. Fun and engaging.

Could have been...it was definitely a nose shot.

Members
218 posts
2,109 battles

At one point I was in a Svietlana chasing down an Orion about 7km away.. I was having a good game, 1 cap and about 40K damage plus maybe 1 ship sunk. I was doing a lot of damage to the Orion, but he took a shot(with his superpen HE) and detonated me at about 50% health. I wasn't happy.

Next story.

Back when UK BBs released I decided to hop in my Langley and farm some damage. In one battle our team had collapsed and I was running away as I think 4 Bellerophons were closing in. They killed me quickly but my torp squadron got off and hit 1 torp on a full health Bellerophon and detonated him. We lost, but me and the guy who I killed had a good laugh about it in chat.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles

Naw, this is the least fortunate Kag ever:

image.thumb.png.d392f3de508b6969b15517b75468881a.png

One hit, both racks. Clan mate posted this to our Discord. Poor Kag....

• Funny 1