You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ganser

what to do if another clan is trying to steal us members?

21 comments in this topic

[NEON]
[NEON]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
31 posts
5,522 battles

hi

i am from clan CHL and we have a problem with other clan who is trying to steal us members.

what can i do? and if someone already gone throught this, what you did to fix it?

[STW]
Members
299 posts
6,760 battles

Understand why members are leaving for the "another clan" and fix the issue.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
1,509 posts
16,721 battles
12 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

This :Smile_great: It's kind of the nature of the beast.  People play for different reasons.  Sometimes they want something you aren't offering.

Edited by Warped_1

[5D5]
Members
2,614 posts
15,901 battles
17 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

Nailed it, +1 for you

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles

Nobody outside the clan can make your players quit without your members actively going to the webpage and clicking the button themselves. Find out what the other clan offers that you're not, and fix that.

[WORX]
Members
3,061 posts
14,536 battles
1 hour ago, ganser said:

hi

i am from clan CHL and we have a problem with other clan who is trying to steal us members.

what can i do? and if someone already gone throught this, what you did to fix it?

The problem is with WOWS, IMO, there is really nothing you can do if people want to leave. The problem with the " clan system" is the issues not addressed or politics. FOr example, in my clan, BOTH the leader and the co founder havent been in the game/clan events for over 100 days. I can;t take the clan take the clan over, and I have limited role in the clan to influence anything productive like recruiting or CW participation. I have over 7k oil so far, I can;t go to a aspiring clan and repeat the process again. Nor WOWS hasen;t addressed the issue in where mutiny has to happen in order for growth to materialized. IF I leave the clan, I need help growing it. Running a clan is a lot of dedication, its not easy to make a clan fun and engaging. My clan  is active but not in clan warfare, we hoard oil like crazy but I mean its about as relax environment, if we're more relaxed will be a dead clan.  It is what it is till thing change on WOWS side or our founders become active :(. 

[CAFE]
Members
1,633 posts
12,084 battles

People cannot be poached if they really want to be there. 

• Cool 2

[KSE]
Members
1 post
2,946 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The problem is with WOWS, IMO, there is really nothing you can do if people want to leave. The problem with the " clan system" is the issues not addressed or politics. FOr example, in my clan, BOTH the leader and the co founder havent been in the game/clan events for over 100 days. I can;t take the clan take the clan over, and I have limited role in the clan to influence anything productive like recruiting or CW participation. I have over 7k oil so far, I can;t go to a aspiring clan and repeat the process again. Nor WOWS hasen;t addressed the issue in where mutiny has to happen in order for growth to materialized. IF I leave the clan, I need help growing it. Running a clan is a lot of dedication, its not easy to make a clan fun and engaging. My clan  is active but not in clan warfare, we hoard oil like crazy but I mean its about as relax environment, if we're more relaxed will be a dead clan.  It is what it is till thing change on WOWS side or our founders become active :(. 

The oil is a clan resource.  Yes, your oil count earned for the clan will reset if you switch, but if the new clan you go to already has the upgrades oil offers you really aren't losing anything.  Especially if you are stuck in a clan where there are no officers around to buy anything with the oil.  Hoarding oil is kind of useless, it's only benefit comes when you use it on buildings.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

Understand the "numbers game" for clans in WoWs.

There are probably 10-15k "actively involved" players on the NA server, and 500+ clans with those people, with a typical membership of 20-25 people per clan. For sources about this data, see

Many clans grow by stealing members from other clans. If someone has good stats and has friends outside your clan, he (or she) may be gone soon unless you talk to them, by voice. If you clan doesn't have voice, get set up on Discord. It's free and works remarkably well. Voice conversation is the next best thing to being there in person, and WAY more personal than text messages.

Recognize that maintaining existing members is ALWAYS easier than recruiting new ones. Therefore, it pays to work on member happiness.

When you talk with people you're worried about, LISTEN TO THEM. Find our what they want in a clan, and how well your clan fulfills those needs. Do NOT talk at them. Do NOT try convincing them about anything. Instead, take notes about their needs. Then read your notes back to them, to confirm that you understand correctly. Talk with three or four people as possible, as fast as possible.

Then, private, get together in conference with your other clan officers (you do share leadership duties, right??) and decide what changes you should make. Make intelligent, rational decisions - based on pleasing the maximum number of people. Then get back to every member you talked with, and explain the changes you've made toward keeping them happy. To keep members, you must please THEM, not yourself.

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
113 posts
13,103 battles
1 hour ago, ganser said:

hi

In my opinion, if you don't have the time or resources to build a large clan and your working with just one clan tag(30-50 people). Build that clan for a single purpose, whether it be for Competitive, fun, co-op, ect. This way you can focus on that aspect. That will make it easier to help fix any issues that might come up. Larger clans like the one I am in, we try to fulfill the role of every thing but we have a lot of officers to help spread the work load out. Like what was said above running a clan is a lot of work. you spend more time with the working parts then actually playing the game. Even in STW we have players leaving for other clans and new players coming in. you are not going to keep everyone happy. some times its problems with other players, officers, clan structure or that no one is playing when they are playing. Something you can do that might help is set up an easy system for players to contact and talk to your officers or you about problems as well as make sure that player knows that you have read their message and are going to address that problem. If you have read that players message and are working on the problem but that player doesn't know you are they might feel like they are getting ignored.

19 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

WG can not set up a system where other players can take over the clan without the clan leaders permission since the clan was paid for with doubloons(real money). that would be like me taking away a premium ship from  you because you don't play it any more or because you suck at it. same thing goes for giving a player permission to do something in the clan. since it was paid for by another player to do with what they want WG cant really give another player the ability to start doing what they want with it. sorry for your luck though.

[WORX]
Members
3,061 posts
14,536 battles
1 minute ago, Jamesalot_ET said:

WG can not set up a system where other players can take over the clan without the clan leaders permission since the clan was paid for with doubloons(real money). that would be like me taking away a premium ship from  you because you don't play it any more or because you suck at it

I totally disagree with your statement and the analogy behind it. A clan is not a ship, a ship is not a clan, if a clan is failing because of inactivity of the founders, then After for ex; 100 days of inactivity, the active members of the clan should have the power to take it over. Inactive Clans have to be replaced to conserve server resource space OR taken over by active clan members. Avoiding having so many inactive clans/clan names taking to much server resources is well good in the long run. 

[VFW]
Members
1,143 posts
22,870 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I totally disagree with your statement and the analogy behind it. A clan is not a ship, a ship is not a clan, if a clan is failing because of inactivity of the founders, then After for ex; 100 days of inactivity, the active members of the clan should have the power to take it over. Inactive Clans have to be replaced to conserve server resource space OR taken over by active clan members. Avoiding having so many inactive clans/clan names taking to much server resources is well good in the long run. 

While I understand your feelings toward your clan, the clan Leader used MONEY to get it started.  It is owned by that individual until he/she hands over the reins to another.   If you don't like the leadership, you have the option to look for another clan.

VR,

[WORX]
Members
3,061 posts
14,536 battles
7 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

f you don't like the leadership, you have the option to look for another clan.

VR,

Its not about "leadership" because we are active with out the founders. Problem lays IF the founders don;t release control to anyone, then leaves with the inactivity. the clan is powerless to force change instead of starting over again. Clans by nature reinvent themselves so why not give the clans the mutiny clause after 100 days of the leaders desertion? 3 months is a long time to not play and its more then enough to wait.

[-CHL-]
Members
4 posts
5,227 battles

Thanks guys for answer soon to my pal here.

You talk about very interesting points of view.

but Ganser are asking about what we can do against particular clan invitations to our clans members coz its like some way of bullying at this moment...

i think we cant do soemthinf directly but i agree to listen another’s opinion 

thanks in advance!

best regards 

[VFW]
Members
1,143 posts
22,870 battles
32 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its not about "leadership" because we are active with out the founders. Problem lays IF the founders don;t release control to anyone, then leaves with the inactivity. the clan is powerless to force change instead of starting over again. Clans by nature reinvent themselves so why not give the clans the mutiny clause after 100 days of the leaders desertion? 3 months is a long time to not play and its more then enough to wait.

The bottomline is that someone bought the right to the clan, WG shouldn't and will not just give it to someone else.

20 minutes ago, haomaru said:

Thanks guys for answer soon to my pal here.

You talk about very interesting points of view.

but Ganser are asking about what we can do against particular clan invitations to our clans members coz its like some way of bullying at this moment...

i think we cant do soemthinf directly but i agree to listen another’s opinion 

thanks in advance!

best regards 

Haomaru,

The only thing that can be done is for the leadership to be active with clan members but that doesn't stop personal freedom to change one's mind.   I agree it does suck to have players pouched, but it's just something that is allowed.

VR,

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,821 posts
6,835 battles

I mean, speaking as someone who has transferred from clans before:

• some clans are just too apathetic; either the leadership goes missing for months at a time or there aren't enough active people at any given point to do anything like clan battles
  • some clans are missing the various oil-based buildings that prospective clan members are seeking to benefit from
  • for those of us that are casual players, certain clans are too rigid about their time investment/skill requirements
  • inversely, some competitive players might think that a clan is dragging them down or not serious enough and seek more skilled and competitive clans
  • general atmosphere: not many people like being in a toxic clan

In the end, clan membership is sort of like competing businesses: what practices/products does the rival offer that you don't? What makes them more attractive than you?

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
19,461 posts
19,601 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The problem is with WOWS, IMO, there is really nothing you can do if people want to leave. The problem with the " clan system" is the issues not addressed or politics. For example, in my clan, BOTH the leader and the co founder haven't been in the game/clan events for over 100 days. I can't take the clan take the clan over, and I have limited role in the clan to influence anything productive like recruiting or CW participation. I have over 7k oil so far, I can;t go to a aspiring clan and repeat the process again. Nor WOWS hasen;t addressed the issue in where mutiny has to happen in order for growth to materialized. IF I leave the clan, I need help growing it. Running a clan is a lot of dedication, its not easy to make a clan fun and engaging. My clan  is active but not in clan warfare, we hoard oil like crazy but I mean its about as relax environment, if we're more relaxed will be a dead clan.  It is what it is till thing change on WOWS side or our founders become active :(. 

This is something that really sucks.  There should be some kind of option built into the clan system that if the clan leader hasn't been active in a certain period of time, this player loses his clan leadership, at least until he returns, so that someone in the clan can take over and keep the clan alive.  And obviously, the "replacement" clan leader shouldn't be someone who's been inactive for a long period of time either.  I will say that I don't know who should get the job in the interim.  The most active officer in the clan?

It seems that from the regular clan member's perspective, if your clan seems dead in the water due to absent leadership, the only option you have is to go look for another clan.

Best of luck, whatever you choose to do.

[-CHL-]
Members
4 posts
5,227 battles
On 9/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, TexJapan said:

The bottomline is that someone bought the right to the clan, WG shouldn't and will not just give it to someone else.

Haomaru,

The only thing that can be done is for the leadership to be active with clan members but that doesn't stop personal freedom to change one's mind.   I agree it does suck to have players pouched, but it's just something that is allowed.

VR,

thanks for your opinion ;)

[JFSOC]
Members
557 posts
8,740 battles
On 6/9/2018 at 3:45 PM, Yasha said:

Understand the "numbers game" for clans in WoWs.

There are probably 10-15k "actively involved" players on the NA server, and 500+ clans with those people, with a typical membership of 20-25 people per clan. For sources about this data, see

Many clans grow by stealing members from other clans. If someone has good stats and has friends outside your clan, he (or she) may be gone soon unless you talk to them, by voice. If you clan doesn't have voice, get set up on Discord. It's free and works remarkably well. Voice conversation is the next best thing to being there in person, and WAY more personal than text messages.

Recognize that maintaining existing members is ALWAYS easier than recruiting new ones. Therefore, it pays to work on member happiness.

When you talk with people you're worried about, LISTEN TO THEM. Find our what they want in a clan, and how well your clan fulfills those needs. Do NOT talk at them. Do NOT try convincing them about anything. Instead, take notes about their needs. Then read your notes back to them, to confirm that you understand correctly. Talk with three or four people as possible, as fast as possible.

Then, private, get together in conference with your other clan officers (you do share leadership duties, right??) and decide what changes you should make. Make intelligent, rational decisions - based on pleasing the maximum number of people. Then get back to every member you talked with, and explain the changes you've made toward keeping them happy. To keep members, you must please THEM, not yourself.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:24 PM, Avenge_December_7 said:

I mean, speaking as someone who has transferred from clans before:

• some clans are just too apathetic; either the leadership goes missing for months at a time or there aren't enough active people at any given point to do anything like clan battles
  • some clans are missing the various oil-based buildings that prospective clan members are seeking to benefit from
  • for those of us that are casual players, certain clans are too rigid about their time investment/skill requirements
  • inversely, some competitive players might think that a clan is dragging them down or not serious enough and seek more skilled and competitive clans
  • general atmosphere: not many people like being in a toxic clan

In the end, clan membership is sort of like competing businesses: what practices/products does the rival offer that you don't? What makes them more attractive than you?

Kudos on these responses.

To the OP, hope you understand what they're saying here. You really can't do anything but be a decent leader. Clans are not prisons, that is to say that members are free to leave whenever they choose. Figure out what type of clan YOU want to lead, communicate well with your clan (Discord really helps), and don't worry about losing members that are looking for something else.

[OGZR]
Members
172 posts
13,554 battles

There are clans starting and dying all the time. I call them warm body clans.  Your a warm body your in.  Sometimes many guys think running a clan is fun.  Maybe, but you have to have the right mentality, ability to organize, leadership qualities and understand that running the clan is more important than playing the game.  Most of our members coming to us from  clans without these type of Commanders.   This is why the recruiting process is more about fit, personality, maturity and honesty not about can I sink 1 more ship and become a wows god of the universe in 2 days. It is actually about joining a club and what you can bring to the club and what you can take from it.  If you clan has no reason to exist other than a clan tag and playing the game it wont survive and your members will leave.   You have to have camaraderie, brotherhood, friendship, fun and the game.   

Tuna:cap_yes: