You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Motok0

Is this game more fun at higher or lower tiers?

Is this game more fun at higher or lower tiers?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is this game more fun at higher or lower tiers?

• More fun at tier 1-5
    • More fun at tier 6-10
    • All tiers are same fun

41 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles

That question is impossible to answer with a one-size-fits-all answer. People have different preferences, interests, likes and dislikes. Different playstyles, are looking for different things. All tiers have something to offer, everyone is going to have a different opinion.

Me? I like all tiers, for different reason. Though some of my favorite ships exist at tier 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,591 posts
23,955 battles

False dichotomy.  More fun at tiers 6, 7, and 8.  Best at 7.

• Cool 2

Members
6 posts
68 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

That question is impossible to answer with a one-size-fits-all answer. People have different preferences, interests, likes and dislikes. Different playstyles, are looking for different things. All tiers have something to offer, everyone is going to have a different opinion.

Me? I like all tiers, for different reason. Though some of my favorite ships exist at tier 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9.

Welp, I fell asleep last night during a battle at tier 3, not really sure if this game is for me, highest ive played is Tier 4. I'm a world of tanks player and this game just seems very slow paced.

I'm hoping things improve at higher tiers.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
2 minutes ago, Motok0 said:

The game remains slow paced throughout. It's a more slow paced game than WoT by far.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
236 posts
8,822 battles
2 minutes ago, Motok0 said:

Welp, I fell asleep last night during a battle at tier 3, not really sure if this game is for me, highest ive played is Tier 4. I'm a world of tanks player and this game just seems very slow paced.

I can tell you that high tier is even slower since every move is very punishing if you did something wrong 

Members
6 posts
68 battles
Just now, Lert said:

The game remains slow paced throughout. It's a more slow paced game than WoT by far.

Welp, tanks has become terrible so I decided to give this a shot.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
6 minutes ago, Motok0 said:

Welp, tanks has become terrible so I decided to give this a shot.

This is an example of a good game at top tier.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,107 posts
8,277 battles
20 minutes ago, Motok0 said:

Debating staying at lower tiers for now or going up.

Its about finding those 2 or 3 boats that are fun to play to take your mind off grinding or the "strange play" at the higher tiers. And each boat plays different, some boats feel awful, others feel OP. 

Supertester
2,166 posts
9,164 battles

I myself main T10 and personally despise T7 and below with a passion. I find the most fun at T8-10 and rarely dip below T9, mostly playing T10.
That said, other people may prefer other tiers. Theres no definite answer, just down to personal preference 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
2,053 posts
2,849 battles

It would depend on if you like sailing around blasting everything you see, or if you like the long drawn out strategy game

[LEGIT]
Members
1,591 posts
23,955 battles

I'll add this; though. 

It's a great game.  The 1/10's of second on the count down clock isn't just for show.  So many games have been decided in the last 1/10 of a second, and by 1 or 2 points.  Many times during a game a ship'll slip behind an island before your reload is finished.  The list goes on.  It's a lot of fun.

Edited by slokill_1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,737 posts
10,776 battles
36 minutes ago, Motok0 said:

32 minutes ago, Lert said:

When this game gets fast paced you are usually in deep trouble, patience and positioning will reward you. To your original question the most fun will be in the 3 - 7 range similar to WoT. We do have a far far less toxic group here and asking questions will almost always get a good response.

[WORX]
Members
3,061 posts
14,536 battles

IT really depends on play style and your ship class choice. For example, use my stats as a  caparison I like to annoy the living daylights out of BBs. I do it for my fun seeing BB tears splattered in chat. That said I play

• Every tier 4 DD except PA-DD
  1. Lower DD play is where you can play aggressive and get away with it.
  2. Upper tier play is to passive for my play style.
  • I even go up to tier 6 FUBUKIE  to get my torp fix in putting Swiss cheese holes on BB hulls
  • Tier 7 ATL perfect HE spammer
  • Tier 8 KUTUZOV, the ultimate in causing BB tears flow salty.
  • CV tier 4 and 5 anything higher and AA defense of surface ships limits CV targets.
  • Tier X is my next challange but atm, I don;t want to commit to tier X play until I unlock all the big players ships to get a better idea on the passive play that is tier X.

I think the pace of the game if its slow or fast that depends on team performance. Those of you saying the game play is to slow, I recommend WOWP.  You can;t keep everyone happy, even DDs are not fast enough for some people.  As long as WOWS is determined to provide variety in game play then the matches will remain fun. Once you start

• ignoring a ship class,
  • discriminate against certain play styles in upper tier play
  • promote changes that is detrimental to the relationship between classes which can lead to one class being dominate in all tiers, then the game becomes boring.

So far 10k battles in I am still having fun. Maybe not in all tiers, but in the selected tiers where my play style can thrive.

Edited by Navalpride33

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,840 posts
4,849 battles

The entire game stops being fun if you don't like the slowness of it, no matter where you are. There's a reason for the 20 minutes time limit (and games playing out to the full 20 minutes is not exactly uncommon, either). If you are looking for fast gameplay, look to Planes, and you can use Tanks' gold and FEXP there to boot.

I guess I've never played this game for fun to begin with...I'm just keepin the game handy for that one day decades later when WG decides to unify the trilogy...and until that point, to collect extra prem time to use elsewhere...:Smile_hiding:

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles

My favourite tier is T9. 2nd T10 and its hard to find me outside of those 2 tiers when I don't need to do missions or something.

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles
2 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

WG decides to unify the trilogy

I doubt that will ever happen. It'd be an entirely different game, far more for worse then better imo.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,840 posts
4,849 battles
4 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I doubt that will ever happen. It'd be an entirely different game, far more for worse then better imo.

Not gameplay unification, but economic unification...but Ships is such a cash cow at this point, they have too much to lose in doing so.

• Cool 1

Members
898 posts
17,670 battles

Just another Tier 1 experience....

I didn't win, but I did sing for a bit....

Members
0 posts

3-8 for the ships, 3-4 for match maker, 7 is the highest I queue anymore. tired of not being able to queue t8 without dropping in t10 matches for what seems 9/10 tries. hence no money for WG till they fix that crap

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

Tier 6 and 7, because I play co-op games only and tier 6 and 7 have scenarios available.  A bit of tier 8 too, since you can use the French BB for Hermes and it sounds like there will be a tier 8 scenario soon too.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,948 battles

4, 5 and 6 are my favorites. T6 occasionally gets into T8 games but in my opinion anything over T7 is boring, toxic and full of dumb gimmicks. Higher tiers don't act like ships, instead play like tanks with sneak and peek and endless smoke and radar, cruisers sitting behind islands spamming and BBs bow tanking from far away. You want to drive your ship like a ship? stay in the low to mid tiers. 

• Cool 3