You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yoshiblue

What Do You Think Is The Most Jack Of All Trades?

30 comments in this topic

Members
3,071 posts
3,407 battles

So the Cleveland; which had decent speed, good armor, fire power, AA, ect. at T-VI; has been moved up to T-VIII. Now that a few days have passed and many people have had a chance to try the "New You!" ship, what does everyone think is the most jack of all trade ship for every class? 

Could it be the De Grasse, which has many things going for it but AA power? Could it be Kongo since people had the chance to earn 4 of them and maybe tried a different build with each of them? Could it be Nicholas, a DD that gets Defensive AA at T-V?

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
5,591 battles

the worcester might become the "jack" of the cruiser class,that thing have almost ALL the gimmicks except smoke and torpedo.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,308 posts
13,793 battles

Hindenburg. It can snipe, it can brawl, it can burn, it can punch with AP, it can bully destroyers, it can challenge battleships, it can worry carriers. There is little it cannot do.

• Cool 5

[HYDRO]
Members
2,654 posts
4,424 battles

Fletcher is defo the most jack of all trades destroyer. You can customize it for everything. As for DeGrasse, I'm inclined to agree she fits that role

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,944 battles

For BBs?

Probably Republique, I don't feel theres a thing Republique cant do as well, or sometimes better, than the other lines in their own strengths at times. Her only weakness seems to be being focussed down/

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,260 posts
4,269 battles

My personal vote goes to Scharnhorst, because it's like an overgrown destroyer that can go places and do things.

But that's just me.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

So the Cleveland; which had decent speed, good armor, fire power, AA, ect. at T-VI; has been moved up to T-VIII. Now that a few days have passed and many people have had a chance to try the "New You!" ship, what does everyone think is the most jack of all trade ship for every class? 

Could it be the De Grasse, which has many things going for it but AA power? Could it be Kongo since people had the chance to earn 4 of them and maybe tried a different build with each of them? Could it be Nicholas, a DD that gets Defensive AA at T-V?

Worcester will probably become the most jack of all trades ship in the game with all its consumables, all its really missing is a smoke and speed boost and it would be 100% Jack of all trades, and also stupidly overpowered, the one thing, in my opinion, that stops Worcester from being stupidly OP, is the lack of smoke

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,616 posts
12 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Worcester will probably become the most jack of all trades ship in the game with all its consumables, all its really missing is a smoke and speed boost and it would be 100% Jack of all trades, and also stupidly overpowered, the one thing, in my opinion, that stops Worcester from being stupidly OP, is the lack of smoke

Yeah  you  just keep on thinking that:Smile_great::Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:  This this will be  So Squishy  All the  Red Team Will Have To Do Is Sneaze At It And Poof It's Gone   Then Again your either  a  BB  Main or a  DD  Main so of course you'd be hater on any CL's  tell us in that case why the Minotaur Isn't?    It does all this plus it has smoke  Too:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
17 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Yeah  you  just keep on thinking that:Smile_great::Smile_amazed::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:  This this will be  So Squishy  All the  Red Team Will Have To Do Is Sneaze At It And Poof It's Gone   Then Again your either  a  BB  Main or a  DD  Main so of course you'd be hater on any CL's  tell us in that case why the Minotaur Isn't?    It does all this plus it has smoke  Too:Smile_facepalm:

#1.) not a BB or DD main

#2.) i dont hate CLs

#3.) Minotaur doesnt have HE or DFAA like Worcester does, and has one less turret than Worcester

please think before you post

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,752 posts
20,741 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Hindenburg. It can snipe, it can brawl, it can burn, it can punch with AP, it can bully destroyers, it can challenge battleships, it can worry carriers. There is little it cannot do.

Only missing things are radar and a full flightdeck.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

Only missing things are radar and a full flightdeck.

i think its Hydro can be counted as a "mini radar" as it reaches out to 5km on ship detection iirc

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,616 posts
28 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

#1.) not a BB or DD main

#2.) i dont hate CLs<<<--<< Yeah That's What they all say:Smile_sceptic:

#3.) >>-->>>Minotaur doesnt have HE or DFAA  like Worcester does,<<<--<<  And that is a false statement   The Minotaur has some of the best  DFAA in the game and has one less turret than Worcester

please think before you post  And I Suggest You Take Your Own Advice Lest someone catch you in a Faux Paux  like that one  OBW  No Charge For Fixxing That for You:Smile_Default::Smile_coin:

Why is it that 80-90% of the players in every game I've seen if they're ship or and or class isn't the strongest in the game all the other ships and or classes are OP and it's Time To Nerf Them:Smile_facepalm: 

Edited by shadowsrmine

[LOS]
Members
632 posts
9,357 battles
3 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

The Graf!  One of my 1st Premiums.  I didn't understand what it was to hit or even have a Citadel.  I was horrible with her and let her sit some time after many failures.  Last year, when I took this game back from my son, I couldn't believe how good she was.  She IS my Swiss (Deutscher) Army Knife.

World of Warships 6_9_2018 7_35_01 PM.png

[_-_]
Members
1,673 posts

Cruiser? I'd say Hindenburg.

BB? Probably Scharnhorst, or Alabama.

I haven't played high tier DD's except US line, but Fletcher seems to be pretty good at everything.

Members
3,294 posts
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Without question. If it gets nerfed this will be the reason because it's not truly outstanding at anything.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Why is it that 80-90% of the players in every game I've seen if they're ship or and or class isn't the strongest in the game all the other ships and or classes are OP and it's Time To Nerf Them:Smile_facepalm: 

then show me where Minotaur has HE or the Defensive Fire consumable, and where i said the Worcester, or ANY of the CLs needed to be nerfed, ill wait

Edited by tcbaker777

[VFW]
Members
1,142 posts
22,870 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Fully agree with Lert.

vr,

[YORHA]
Members
3,969 posts
6,870 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

then show me where Minotaur has HE or the Defensive Fire consumable, and where i said the Worcester, or ANY of the CLs needed to be nerfed

From the Wiki on Minotaur (bold/underline mine)...

Cons:

• Large citadel size.
  • Initial shell velocity is the same as Neptune; however, at maximum range, her shells fall back to earth slowly.
  • Lightly-armored turrets that are disabled easily (if not outright destroyed).
  •      Cannot equip the Defensive AA Fire (While active, damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns increased.) consumable to increase the anti-aircraft suite's potency even further.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

From the Wiki on Minotaur (bold/underline mine)...

Cons:

• Large citadel size.
  • Initial shell velocity is the same as Neptune; however, at maximum range, her shells fall back to earth slowly.
  • Lightly-armored turrets that are disabled easily (if not outright destroyed).
  •      Cannot equip the Defensive AA Fire (While active, damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns increased.) consumable to increase the anti-aircraft suite's potency even further.

i know it doesnt, this guy is apparently saying that me saying it doesnt have HE and DFAA like Worcester does is a false statement

[YORHA]
Members
3,969 posts
6,870 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

i know it doesnt, this guy is apparently saying that me saying it doesnt have HE and DFAA like Worcester does is a false statement

Yup.  I was backing you up.

Didn't like his beatitude.

[-BMV-]
Members
1,227 posts
5,801 battles

it's obviously Clemson, it can bully DD's and torp all the things... Def Clemson. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Yup.  I was backing you up.

Didn't like his beatitude.

ah, sorry for the confusion there

[YORHA]
Members
3,969 posts
6,870 battles
Just now, tcbaker777 said:

ah, sorry for the confusion there

Nope... my bad.  My "Reply"ing should have been clearer.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Nope... my bad.  My "Reply"ing should have been clearer.

well, thanks for the help though