You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Hamilton

German cruiser reload nerf?

12 comments in this topic

[NCBL]
Members
56 posts
8,213 battles

I've noticed on the PTS that the Roon's reload time has increased from 8.8s on the live server to 9.7s with the reload module.  I haven't found any mention of this in the forums yet, is this a definite change?  It looks like it will apply to the Hindy as well, which would be a real disappointment for myself.  The increase isn't a game killer, but I would be rather disappointed in WG for this.  I hope this is just a glitch/accident.

Edited by HMCS_Hamilton

[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles

It's intentional, and intended to bring Roon and Hinderburg in line with the other T9 / T10 cruisers.

• Bad 2

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles

WG attempting to nerf high tier KMS Cruisers without touching what makes them too strong in the first place.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,095 posts
15,854 battles
5 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

WG attempting to nerf high tier KMS Cruisers without touching what makes them too strong in the first place.

Yes ... just like they did with the Khab "nerfs". 

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,940 posts
9,867 battles

Ugh... at least they haven't made Hipper any worse than it already is....

It's a shame, I really want to like Hipper, but her AP is really inconsistent.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,767 posts
4,379 battles
5 minutes ago, Kingfishercritic said:

Ugh... at least they haven't made Hipper any worse than it already is....

It's a shame, I really want to like Hipper, but her AP is really inconsistent.

Hipper got a nice buff just a patch or two ago. And her AP is mean, just gotta know how to shoot it, and what at. It's no different from Roon or Hindenburg's AP.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,940 posts
9,867 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Hipper got a nice buff just a patch or two ago. And her AP is mean, just gotta know how to shoot it, and what at. It's no different from Roon or Hindenburg's AP.

Eh, It does pretty good damage to superstructures and decks..... when it doesn't overpen. It's inconsistent against belt armor though.

[MLPVA]
Members
225 posts
3,221 battles

Oh no, an entire 0.9 second increase in reload time! Quick, everyone grab your torches and pitchforks!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
147 posts
6,511 battles

I do not see anyone having a good play with ROON, I was always thinking that ROON is already very bad ship and needs some buff, but nerfing !!! really!!!

Edited by Hanimichal_warrior

[HAPPY]
Members
24 posts
2,710 battles

I honestly don't see the big deal.

I just got on the test server and checked the stats and all the ships are basically on an 11 second reload and 22.5s turn time, basically they made every German cruiser exactly the same on guns starting from the hipper, which is absolutely fine, if you spec your captain into reload you can reduce that with captain skills and flags, along with bring the turret traverse down to 20 seconds which is extremely fast.

1 second extra is not a big deal at all. it just keeps the play style of the roon and hindenburg closer to the hipper and other T8 ships using 203's, your actually still faster than most american and jap ships

Edited by Natsukirei