You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Wg do you guys think these missions through?

69 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles

Do you guys actually discuss these missions before hand or do you guys just throw darts at ideas on a board and go "Wee look what we did here"?

Indy mission 5 would fall under that easy. Set five fires okay. Do 30k of fire damage sure. Win? Really? There's way too many variables to do this one easily if you don't run with a division. I can't count the times i got all of the conditions above checked only to have my team lose. Again and again.

WHY do you guys insist also on this garbage being done in random only? What gives? Do you guys enjoy shoving us into frustrating missions time and time again?

Seriously WG you guys troll us hard sometimes.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 8

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,987 battles

Why exactly is it supposed to be easy?  Also, both missions ARE simple if you just sat down for a little while and play a handful of games.  

• Cool 3
  • Bad 5

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
14 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Why exactly is it supposed to be easy?  Also, both missions ARE simple if you just sat down for a little while and play a handful of games.  

No they aren't. It was for you, maybe you got lucky enough to get it done AND win, where as quite a few people are having a tough time getting it done all at once. It didn't need to the that win condition added to it. The other mission parts are much less difficult to get done.

So you got lucky doesn't mean we all do. Thank you for the bump.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[AAA]
Members
496 posts
7,806 battles

Not sure what tiers you are playing but I have done similar missions when I started this game in tier 6-7-8. Thing is don't try too hard for the missions as it affected my game play a lot when I started this game. All I would try to do is stupidly yolo to torp, kill and what not. I remember taking a 1% hit on my WR doing such stupid things and also costing my team. Now that I use the tier 10 cruisers, I dont even bother about such missions. They would be done in my regular game play.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

Not sure what tiers you are playing but I have done similar missions when I started this game in tier 6-7-8. Thing is don't try too hard for the missions as it affected my game play a lot when I started this game. All I would try to do is stupidly yolo to torp, kill and what not. I remember taking a 1% hit on my WR doing such stupid things and also costing my team. Now that I use the tier 10 cruisers, I dont even bother about such missions. They would be done in my regular game play.

Sticking at tier 7. I don't like the tier 8+ meta very much. Too passive. Too much hiding.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,987 battles
2 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

No they aren't. It was for you, maybe you got lucky enough to get it done AND win, where as quite a few people are having a tough time getting it done all at once. It didn't need to the that win condition added to it. The other mission parts are much less difficult to get done.

So you got lucky doesn't mean we all do. Thank you for the bump.

If I’d gotten it on the first try that’d be luck. But it took 2 games (50% isn’t a crazy win rate) and I was deliberately trying to start fires.  I added the flags and the right ship to do the job... seems like picking the right tools for the job matters a lot.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

If I’d gotten it on the first try that’d be luck. But it took 2 games (50% isn’t a crazy win rate) and I was deliberately trying to start fires.  I added the flags and the right ship to do the job... seems like picking the right tools for the job matters a lot.

You also used a nelson for it. Not something everyone has. That i would consider a huge difference in tools.

[ARGSY]
Members
9,630 posts
6,297 battles
1 minute ago, galspanic said:

This absolutely. I considered what I had and what would be best for the job. Warspite, fire flags, and a winning attitude. I laid my plan and stuck to it, and fortune favoured the prepared mind. First battle, 8 fires, 22K damage. Done.

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
9,630 posts
6,297 battles
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

You also used a nelson for it. Not something everyone has. That i would consider a huge difference in tools.

What tools do YOU have?

• Bad 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What tools do YOU have?

The ships don't matter if the teams can't win

I had 9 fires set with my Lyon and three kills  in one match and we still lost. I've had 12 matches or so tonight so far and most go that way. It's funny too because every time we win i'm missing damage by fire or one less set than needed and so on.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
9,630 posts
6,297 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Play Myoko and be done with it... ez mission. If that ship is allowed though.

It was any T6 or above ship.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It was any T6 or above ship.

Well, not much too complain about than.

4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I had 9 fires set with my Lyon and three kills  in one match and we still lost. I've had 12 matches or so tonight so far and most go that way. It's funny too because every time we win i'm missing damage by fire or one less set than needed and so on.

Was that loss because you were firing HE instead of AP?

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,670 battles
16 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Do you guys actually discuss these missions before hand or do you guys just throw darts at ideas on a board and go "Wee look what we did here"?

Indy mission 5 would fall under that easy. Set five fires okay. Do 30k of fire damage sure. Win? Really? There's way too many variables to do this one easily if you don't run with a division. I can't count the times i got all of the conditions above checked only to have my team lose. Again and again.

WHY do you guys insist also on this garbage being done in random only? What gives? Do you guys enjoy shoving us into frustrating missions time and time again?

Seriously WG you guys troll us hard sometimes.

Just. don't. do. the. missions. 

Unfortunately the devs dont play the game and never grind missions. So they don't get it. And also unfortunately, our only way of protesting decisions we don't like is non-participation. 

So engage in that. Probably many people think the way you do. If enough of you don't participate, then WG might mend its ways. 

In the meantime, you can get an Indianapolis for free if you work at it. Where are you going to put your energy? 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Unfortunately the devs dont play the game and never grind missions. So they don't get it. And also unfortunately, our only way of protesting decisions we don't like is non-participation. 

So engage in that. Probably many people think the way you do. If enough of you don't participate, then WG might mend its ways. 

In the meantime, you can get an Indianapolis for free if you work at it. Where are you going to put your energy? 

Thanks for the advice. :Smile_honoring:

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,504 posts
19,640 battles
51 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Sorry, but I disagree, Tai.  WG's done nothing wrong here.  Just because one player can't get this done quickly doesn't make the task flawed.  He has three days to work this task.  I did it in only 3 battles, getting it with my Duke of York.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,670 battles
15 hours ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, but I disagree, Tai.  WG's done nothing wrong here.  Just because one player can't get this done quickly doesn't make the task flawed.  He has three days to work this task.  I did it in only 3 battles, getting it with my Duke of York.

I dont think they did anything wrong either. You can get a free ship just by playing the game the way you usually do.

But he thinks something is wrong. Probably badly, but I was trying to suggest that there is really nothing to protest here. 

My fault for writing poorly. 

[ARGSY]
Members
9,630 posts
6,297 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

This. You have three nights to do it. If you get salty and spend all your time raging because you didn't get it on the first go, you're wasting effort that you might better have spent on getting it done.

I was fortunate enough to get the fire mission done on the first try, after being REALLY worried that I wouldn't be able to do it. And while I know I had good luck, I wasn't prepared to quit and rage and stamp my feet if I failed to do it on the first battle or even on the first night.

@xalmgrey, you had a Lyon; I had a Warspite. You had TWICE the number of barrels to get this done; you could have got your five fires and then switched to AP,  took ships off the board, and helped your team win. My team probably won because I got into a three-on-one close range brawl, set fire to all of them, kept them distracted and concentrated on me for a short while, and then finished one off by ramming. Even though I was forced to play a necessarily substandard HE-spamming game, I was still trying to play in a way that benefited the team overall. Get in close, drench everything in fire, re-light a couple of the ones that go out, then switch to AP and start blapping ships. Expect not to survive.  Remember, the condition is to WIN. YOUR survival is optional, so long as the team comes out on top.

[DENY]
Members
616 posts
6,586 battles

Getting some fire damages is pretty easy got the zao out and that was it !

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,840 posts
4,849 battles

They never think most missions through.

You'll see plenty of those in Planes.

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
5,623 battles
43 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

they totally didn't think through when they made  world of warplanes.

• Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
496 posts
7,806 battles
57 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

I am sure I can't complete that 30 plane kill mission. I only play tier 10 cruisers and has been ages since I have been dropped by the CVs. Wouldn't have bothered if it was  a 2500 base xp mission as it can be achieved, but when there are no CVs and being in a cruiser makes it almost impossible :(

Beta Testers
304 posts
8,404 battles
3 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

^ my point exactly. 

ANYONE can set 5 fires and do 15,000 fire damage in a single battle. It's the requirement for a winning battle in this instance (and many of the other missions) that makes things waaaaay tougher to accomplish. These missions are very poorly thought out, they need to either remove the requirement for a win or remove the 2-3 day time limit.

• Cool 1

Members
256 posts
7,128 battles

wasnt there some god awful mission in the duke of york event?

the missions are easier than they ever have been IMO>

• Cool 1

[TACG]
Beta Testers
797 posts
2,279 battles

The one with the fires, fire damage, and win was a bit annoying i'll admit that. Took me about 10 games to make it happen. The only one I haven't managed yet was the one that required me to finish in the top 3 of a winning match, but was only available for 2 nights during the week. Since I only had time for 5 matches over those two nights I wasn't able to make it work. (3 losses with me in the number 1 or 2 spot, and 2 wins with me as number 4).

Looking at the missions I doubt i'll get Indianapolis, but at least the crates were kind and dropped the mission for Cleveland on me.