You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Short term suggestion wrt CVs

20 comments in this topic

Members
341 posts
11,941 battles

To WG:

Please consider handling CVs like Clan battles are handled. People can play CVs only during a certain period of every day. CV players would know that if they want to play CVs they have to play them during that time window. This would allow CV players to have much shorter queue times. Many more CV players available for the MM should allow the CV match ups to be more diverse.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Sounds like a good idea, well have it in two timeslots. From 12 am to 12 pm, and then 12 pm to 12 am.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Members
341 posts
11,941 battles
10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Sounds like a good idea, well have it in two timeslots. From 12 am to 12 pm, and then 12 pm to 12 am.

1/2 * wit !

• Bad 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles

I think one of the big problems with CVs is that historically they made the pew pew ships mostly obsolete.  So adding them in game in a somewhat historically accurate (i said somewhat) fashion, renders everyone playing pew pew ships somewhat obsolete.

If you were able to get your mindset into a place where you could disregard the historical role, CVs could be a balanced part of the game as scouters and light damage dealers/harassers.  Kind of like a gunboat DD or something like that.

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
37 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

If you were able to get your mindset into a place where you could disregard the historical role, CVs could be a balanced part of the game as scouters and light damage dealers/harassers.  Kind of like a gunboat DD or something like that.

Personally...?

Um, no?

No point to playing carriers if they’re nothing but a nuisance unit.

Members
2,008 posts
3,875 battles

Lemme guess,  you want the non-CV time to fall during the time you play!  Good lord,  back under your bridge.

[AFW-]
Members
960 posts
7,193 battles

Long ago there was a thread like this. But it was a suggestion that cv players may have their separate queue for battles (i.e. cv matches and non-cv matched) and the most brilliant reply to that thread was, nobody would queue for a cv match except for, LOL cv players.

This is the same crapwe got here. If there were a time slot given for CVs, then imagine what. No one with a brain will actually play during that period except for, yep you guessed it right. LOL cv players!!

so...

trollface+u+mad+bro.jpg

[5D5]
Members
2,611 posts
15,877 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

I approve of these time slots!!

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Personally...?

Um, no?

No point to playing carriers if they’re nothing but a nuisance unit.

What's the point to playing them now?  It's a completely different game.  I'm sure it's a thrill for the really good CV player to wtfpwnewbs but it's not that much fun for the other 20 players in the match.  Even when you get the decent CV player on your team, it's never really that much fun to let the CV win the game for you.  And thoroughly demoralizing when the other thing happens.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles
28 minutes ago, alexbuildit said:

I like playing with and against CV’s. Don’t hate me :Smile_hiding:...

I don't hate you.  It takes all kinds in this world!

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

What's the point to playing them now?  It's a completely different game.  I'm sure it's a thrill for the really good CV player to wtfpwnewbs but it's not that much fun for the other 20 players in the match.  Even when you get the decent CV player on your team, it's never really that much fun to let the CV win the game for you.  And thoroughly demoralizing when the other thing happens.

So the answer is to go from one extreme to the other?

Please tell me where the hue and cry is about battleship, cruiser, and destroyer players scoring six-figure games and making it ‘not fun’ for everyone else.

I’m not really that great a regular ships driver; im certainly not a super carrier driver, but I can make them work in Co-op and Ops.

Having carriers turned into some kind of milquetoast unit doesn’t exactly make me happy.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
341 posts
11,941 battles
1 hour ago, Palladia said:

Lemme guess,  you want the non-CV time to fall during the time you play!  Good lord,  back under your bridge.

You would be wrong. I think the CV time should be prime time ... just like in Clan battles

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So the answer is to go from one extreme to the other?

Please tell me where the hue and cry is about battleship, cruiser, and destroyer players scoring six-figure games and making it ‘not fun’ for everyone else.

I’m not really that great a regular ships driver; im certainly not a super carrier driver, but I can make them work in Co-op and Ops.

Having carriers turned into some kind of milquetoast unit doesn’t exactly make me happy.

Battleship kill cruisers, cruisers kill dds, dds kill battleships.  Rock, paper, scissors.  Carriers, as implemented, just don't fit in the game.  They are a bolt on sub game that dominates the outcome.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

WoW is hosing CVs well enough without any help.

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

WoW is hosing CVs well enough without any help.

Yeah... All the really bad teams I often see in Co-op; teams I can drag against their will, kicking and screaming to a win, despite their apparent desire to steal defeat from the jaws of victiory, with just about any of the CVs I play regularly in that mode.

Sounds like from what's come out that my 1942 Co-op Happy Time is about to come to an end.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[STW-M]
Members
2,812 posts
6,835 battles

A short term suggestion from CV players:

Every time you enter a battle, press p at the start of the match and press p again 20 minutes later.

It lowers your detection range and makes our job a lot easier :Smile_playing:.

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,051 posts
12,120 battles
4 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

Oh look! a overboring sugestion! make the cvs a babysitter for bbybies! i never listen that one *sarcasm here*