You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Professor_Jumbo

Good survival rate?

11 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
1,854 battles

I just stared this a few days ago, and I'm wondering what's considered a good survival and win % in random battles.  I play pan-asian, currently tier IV.  37 battles and survived 14 of them.  57% wins.  Should I be concerned that I get killed more than half the time?

Edited by Professor_Jumbo
typos and stuff

[CK5]
Members
945 posts
8,288 battles

I wouldn't worry overmuch about either statistic.  Quite honestly, win rate is going to be a little higher in the lower tiers for most players and survival rate will depend a lot on what type of ship is being played.  Destroyers struggle to survive an entire battle while battleships can survive simply because they are tougher to kill.  

Play a couple of thousand matches and then look at your stats because it will take that long for stats to become meaningful.  Actually, try to ignore stats except as a measuring stick to see how you are improving and just enjoy the game.  

• Cool 2

[ARP2]
Members
1,358 posts
3,637 battles

What the above said.  Learn the game mechanics and how to abuse them, the stats will be there.

[MIA-P]
Members
653 posts
6,061 battles

Survival rate is a very complicated statistic to interpret, since what is considered a good survival rate depends both on what type of ship you are playing and your play style (particularly how and when you are aggressive). That said, if you want a dirty rule of thumb for when you're starting out, just keep in mind that any hp point more than 1 that you have at the end of a match is a wasted hp point that you could have spent being more aggressive.

[WORX]
Members
3,037 posts
14,516 battles

Just have fun forget the Stats, its like a cardiac doctor stressing because 1 more patient dead on him again. Then compares his patient mortality % and survival % with other cardiac Doctors in his area. Jezz man you would go crazy. Just be a doctor or in your case just have fun playing. :cap_rambo:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,127 battles
1 hour ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

I just stared this a few days ago, and I'm wondering what's considered a good survival and win % in random battles.  I play pan-asian, currently tier IV.  37 battles and survived 14 of them.  57% wins.  Should I be concerned that I get killed more than half the time?

If stopped capping in my Pan Asian X DD at the start of games , just to much Radar and the deep water Torps puts you at a disadvantage ,last 4 games I lasted about 45 seconds  when I  caped right away 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles

Staying alive to do more damage is usually good but survival can be taken too far. Those of us that played WoWP in the early days can probably remember a certain pilot that while extremely good would only engage when he thought he would survive even if engaging and dying would ensure the win.

• Cool 1

Members
4,719 posts
7,545 battles

Simple.....kill 3 ships but get dead. Much of the time you will have done more to win the game than those who "just survive" only to die in the end having done little or nothing.  Take this "just survive" thing with a grain of salt. Anyone can run or play far in the back and suvive....and those types SUCK....bluntly.  Yes survive....but DO SOMETHING while surviving. Delicate balance ya know. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles
8 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Simple.....kill 3 ships but get dead. Much of the time you will have done more to win the game than those who "just survive" only to die in the end having done little or nothing.  Take this "just survive" thing with a grain of salt. Anyone can run or play far in the back and suvive....and those types SUCK....bluntly.  Yes survive....but DO SOMETHING while surviving. Delicate balance ya know. 

Bolded is the key, there is a time to die gloriously and a time to run.

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

Agree with all the above.  A CV main will likely have the highest survival rate while a DD will likely be lowest because they are a priority and at the tip of the spear.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

As the others have said before, each ship has its job, you just have to survive long enough to be useful at your job but really stats are only important for your own monitoring and personal growth. Don't worry about comparing yourself to other players!