You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Final8ty

The worst torps but i like them.

18 comments in this topic

[BOATC]
Members
235 posts
5,055 battles
7 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

That THING has torps?  LOL. 

I liked @UrPeaceKeeper's joke about the design process that went something like. "Hey, Dimitri, how do we fit 7 guns and 12 torpedoes on this?". "Da, is no problem! I just cut ship in middle and add another 300 meters, we be done in no time!"

Members
2,320 posts
11,032 battles
1 minute ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

I liked @UrPeaceKeeper's joke about the design process that went something like. "Hey, Dimitri, how do we fit 7 guns and 12 torpedoes on this?". "Da, is no problem! I just cut ship in middle and add another 300 meters, we be done in no time!"

I got that THING in a X Mas box a while back.  That thing is definitely meme worthy.  Everything about it.  The shape, the guns, torps etc.  Vodka wasnt the only thing involved when cooking that design up.

[BOATC]
Members
235 posts
5,055 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I got that THING in a X Mas box a while back.  That thing is definitely meme worthy.  Everything about it.  The shape, the guns, torps etc.  Vodka wasnt the only thing involved when cooking that design up.

An incident where I somehow torpedo beat an entire 12 torp spread from an Okhotnik while in my own Okhotnik is what made me decide to turn on replay recording. That moment getting lost forever is a damn tragedy.

Members
2,320 posts
11,032 battles
11 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

An incident where I somehow torpedo beat an entire 12 torp spread from an Okhotnik while in my own Okhotnik is what made me decide to turn on replay recording. That moment getting lost forever is a damn tragedy.

Join our Discord for our anniversary celebration coming up.  One of the events we always do is teams of DDs torps only.  No tier limit run what you want.

Last season had a guy with a Khaba ram 3 DDs to death.  It was ruled legit.  You can always become the torpedo.

Anyways I dont want to take this more off topic.  OP had a good game and it should have its time in the sun.  Guys send me a PM if you want an invite to the CUTE Discord.

[TMS]
Members
2,255 posts
23,961 battles
41 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Bro those are AMAZING in Okhotnik lol.

Yeah its a beast.

[TMS]
Members
2,255 posts
23,961 battles

Relying on teammates is risky hence why i try not to rely on them.

So i take the C cap and push around to see what else is coming and throw some torps out, the reds are coming.

The C cap starts to go red and instead of one of my teammates putting a nose on the cap and stalling they sit just off it while getting pounded instead of sitting just on it while getting pounded so i ran back to stall it.

The radar is starting to move in so i run around the edge of the cap to stall as long as i can while smoking for my teammates, the radar pops and i have to run.

Looking at the B cap looks like an easy retake but the team that took A are once again sitting around the edge of the B cap and not pushing in so i had to force the issue in chat.

I had to go wide to B to avoid as much radar from C as possible, so i get on B and torps are coming my way and then i get detected, it could only be a Yug, lucky he was nearly dead, i take him out, more torps i see smoke it had to be the gearing which is not a DD i should be hunting in a shima but i have teammates, it should be a breeze, i knew the mino smoke would run out soon so i laid more smoke so he could push in and help me.

That encounter cost me more HP than it should of and i could of been dead right there and then, i kill the gearing with help from the team mates which seemed lacking, i WASD hack some incoming fire as best as i could but then the radar pops again and i have to do volley timed booty shaking while actively looking back at the incoming shells to wiggle at the right time.

I have to get in radar range once again to make a turn and fire torps at the DES camping, i notice the NC flanking and pounding the broadside of my teammates, he has to go and the worry of him capping A.

I waited for the plane to go and did a deliberate non target locked torp spread on him to give him the least chance of knowing when they are on there way.

Beside that instead of our reaming BBs going around the right flank to finish  off the DES that ate one of my torps they push around to take on a much harder target the yammy and lost that encounter.(lost a game yesterday because the team failed to kill off a DES that i torpted down to 500k HP with him then pushing me away from the caps with the help of a zao end game).

I had not realized at the time that the NC kill was enough for us to win the battle and our Kuts being out of harm's way which may of been a good thing even though i have no idea why he was so far away and im not going to look at the reply again to find out why.

If i had died at the gearing encounter we would of lost.

20180610_101717_PJSD012-Shimakaze-1943_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

Edited by Final8ty

[-SYN-]
Members
80 posts
14,069 battles

This is the result of 20km torp with TA, commonly referred to as garbage :D

shima.jpg

Edited by dearmrfrodo1
  • Cool 1