You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles

About 3 months ago I typed match making into the search function. I did it again. Over 1,500 threads complaining about MM. Yet WGing response is it's fine. The funny part is how small the % of the player base that actually logs on and bothers to post on the forum. So 1,500+ complaints from " Forum Regulars/ Semi regular players means yeah there is a problem.

But hey nothing to see here move along.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Members
4,315 posts
7,014 battles

MM will never be in a state where no one complains.  There are some legit issues - they need to take radar into the mix and maybe one more tweak but more often people are complaining about MM without having a clue if it is the issue.  They just blame MM just because it is easier to blame MM than anything else.   If people want to play their own game then they either need to allow large Divs or - play a non-online game and stick to single player games.

Some want a 'skill' based MM but the same people can't even begin to explain how to define 'skill' is in WoWs. Those same threads explain why 'skill' MM won't work for WoWs.

Random game mean random people to play against including people who are good or great at times and others who don't play to be a semi-professional player.

Edited by CylonRed

[NMKJT]
Members
3,540 posts

People don't complain because it's easy to, they complain because they're tired of being bottom tier.

OP,  WG does nothing because when you are bottom tier, you have incentives to go up the tech tree so you can't be bottom tier any longer. To make this easier you can buy premium time and flags. In short, it's good for business

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,783 posts
10,788 battles
16 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

People don't complain because it's easy to, they complain because they're tired of being bottom tier.

OP,  WG does nothing because when you are bottom tier, you have incentives to go up the tech tree so you can't be bottom tier any longer. To make this easier you can buy premium time and flags. In short, it's good for business

The tier 5 players do have some room for complaint because of the percentage of matches they see where they are not top tier but as long as there are protected tiers there will always be a tier that is the transition tier.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,540 posts
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The tier 5 players do have some room for complaint because of the percentage of matches they see where they are not top tier but as long as there are protected tiers there will always be a tier that is the transition tier.

I think tiers 5 and 8 have valid complaints with being bottom tier a lot of the time. I left the game for months I was so frustrated when I got my first ship, Furutaka, to 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles
39 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

About 3 months ago I typed match making into the search function. I did it again. Over 1,500 threads complaining about MM. Yet WGing response is it's fine. The funny part is how small the % of the player base that actually logs on and bothers to post on the forum. So 1,500+ complaints from " Forum Regulars/ Semi regular players means yeah there is a problem.

But hey nothing to see here move along.

The problem is that about half of people considers events in this life are things they go thru and the other half thinks that events that happen too them.

So half the players focus on their performance in battle. The other half focuses on external elements of the battle (MM, team mates, unfair mechanics etc.)

It is only natural the MM is the target for the second group and hence all of the threads about how this or that make them not succeed to the level they feel they deserve. It is also natural that the other half ridicules those complaints. 

Consequence of peoples world views. 

MM is fine. 

Cheers.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[RWBY]
Members
158 posts
1,771 battles

Just take it as an opportunity to figure out what you’re really doing wrong so you can get better. 

Although on a side note I am tired of finding myself in games where half of your team probably bought there way into T8 and happily suicides on the get go.

[GWG]
[GWG]
18,783 posts
10,788 battles
8 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I think tiers 5 and 8 have valid complaints with being bottom tier a lot of the time. I left the game for months I was so frustrated when I got my first ship, Furutaka, to 5

I said some room for tier 5 and tier 8 sees far less bottom tier MM than tier 5 as they can also be top in a tier 8 or middle in a tier 9.

[HINON]
Members
10,558 posts

Hmm typed it into the search for all threads and only got 123 results with "match making" in the title of threads. Perchance were you actually meaning to say 1500 comments?

[GWG]
[GWG]
18,783 posts
10,788 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm typed it into the search for all threads and only got 123 results with "match making" in the title of threads. Perchance were you actually meaning to say 1500 comments?

233 pages for Match Making and 240 pages for Matchmaking. MM threads are like the sunrise, you can count on them every day.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,540 posts
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I said some room for tier 5 and tier 8 sees far less bottom tier MM than tier 5 as they can also be top in a tier 8 or middle in a tier 9.

When you are bottom 60-70% of the time, there is room to complain. T8 can be top tier, usually is bottom. 

I'm at T8 in my DD climb and every match yesterday was 10, tons of radar cruisers, I just gave up and ran operations. It's not fun

[_RNG_]
Members
24 posts
5,832 battles
23 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

When you are bottom 60-70% of the time, there is room to complain. T8 can be top tier, usually is bottom. 

I'm at T8 in my DD climb and every match yesterday was 10, tons of radar cruisers, I just gave up and ran operations. It's not fun

That's most likely because of the US cruiser split.... Have to grind that Cleveland xp...

[GWG]
[GWG]
18,783 posts
10,788 battles
1 hour ago, Bronk said:

That's most likely because of the US cruiser split.... Have to grind that Cleveland xp...

This, with every release the balance gets FUBAR'd, it will smooth out about when the US CL's are released but that will see people  more spread out across the tiers.