You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Halsey Campaign

52 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles

Yeah... Me? Here's my progress on Halsey, Yamamoto, and Honorable Service so far:       

(chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping)

I don't even own a Tier VIII, let alone a Tier IX or X. Furthermore, the only two Tier VIIs I own are Myoko and Scharnhorst. Have quite a few Tier VI, actually: Fuso, Bayern, Farragut, Fushun, Ryujo,(don't play her anymore though) Arizona, Molotov (the last two are premiums, duh).

I used to have Budyonny but I sucked so hard in her that I sold her(I needed the credits). I will, however, rebuy her when I'm a little better with HE-spamming Cruisers.(I believe that I will buy her back when I get my first Witherer(and in a Cruiser)). Her captain is, as you can probably imagine, in the Molotov for the time being.

I certainly want Halsey and Yamamoto special captains, and IJN Tier VI DD Shinome, but I don't have a single ship that qualifies for their campaigns.

Even worse though, the Tier VIII I am closest to is probably the Tier VIII I least like. I do not like the look of the playstyle of 155 Mogami, at all. 203 Mogami is what my current IJN Cruiser captain actually meshes with, and everyone I've ever heard says it's trash. I played both Myoko and it on the test server a life time ago, but I do remember it being kind of "eh". Not #trashbote, but certainly not as good as would be preferable.

Worse yet, both have new and better competition. 155 Mogami is kind of endangered by the Tier VIII Cleveland, and even the Tier VII USN CL, Helena, seems to be better at the same task. Yeah, 155 Mogami has caliber and gun arcs, but of what use are good gun arcs when you are in something as fragile as the Mogami? Actually, flat gun arcs in a super fragile ship are not a strong suit, they are a hindrance.

203 Mogami is just pretty much outclassed by Charles Martel. Period.

I am not going up to Tier VIII in IJN Cruisers until 155 Mogami gets still better turret traverse, built-in IFHE, and a slight buff to ROF(maybe). Oh, and a heal.

I  will probably just stop at Myoko until then, and save her for Narai, Ultimate Frontier, and the like. Besides, it's not like Mogami can take part in Cherry Blossom, anyway.

I'll likely have Bismarck or Amagi(or Hsienyang) as my first Tier VIII. I'm not exactly excited about the Mahan grind, and I haven't even unlocked Mahan for purchase yet, so yeah no. No Benson any time soon for me. No Budyonny to finish the grind to Schors means, too, no Chapeyev anytime soon for me, either.

[Can you tell I don't like allied cruisers in this game very much? I don't like the look of the French Cruisers, RN CLs are hardly me(though I have, very reluctantly, resumed their grind and I'm on Emerald:fish_boom:), and USN Cruisers I have barely started on(I'm on the St. Louis at Tier III still). I think the only line of Allied Cruisers that I might find myself zooming up, once released, are RN CAs.(Give me my Hawkins, my Kent, and my York, DARN YOU!)]

Edited by legoboy0401

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
21,004 battles
35 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Yeah... Me? Here's my progress on Halsey, Yamamoto, and Honorable Service so far:       

(chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping) (chirping)

I don't even own a Tier VIII, let alone a Tier IX or X. Furthermore, the only two Tier VIIs I own are Myoko and Scharnhorst. Have quite a few Tier VI, actually: Fuso, Bayern, Farragut, Fushun, Ryujo,(don't play her anymore though) Arizona, Molotov (the last two are premiums, duh).

I used to have Budyonny but I sucked so hard in her that I sold her(I needed the credits). I will, however, rebuy her when I'm a little better with HE-spamming Cruisers.(I believe that I will buy her back when I get my first Witherer(and in a Cruiser)). Her captain is, as you can probably imagine, in the Molotov for the time being.

I certainly want Halsey and Yamamoto special captains, and IJN Tier VI DD Shinome, but I don't have a single ship that qualifies for their campaigns.

Even worse though, the Tier VIII I am closest to is probably the Tier VIII I least like. I do not like the look of the playstyle of 155 Mogami, at all. 203 Mogami is what my current IJN Cruiser captain actually meshes with, and everyone I've ever heard says it's trash. I played both Myoko and it on the test server a life time ago, but I do remember it being kind of "eh". Not #trashbote, but certainly not as good as would be preferable.

Worse yet, both have new and better competition. 155 Mogami is kind of endangered by the Tier VIII Cleveland, and even the Tier VII USN CL, Helena, seems to be better at the same task. Yeah, 155 Mogami has caliber and gun arcs, but of what use are good gun arcs when you are in something as fragile as the Mogami? Actually, flat gun arcs in a super fragile ship are not a strong suit, they are a hindrance.

203 Mogami is just pretty much outclassed by Charles Martel. Period.

I am not going up to Tier VIII in IJN Cruisers until 155 Mogami gets still better turret traverse, built-in IFHE, and a slight buff to ROF(maybe). Oh, and a heal.

I  will probably just stop at Myoko until then, and save her for Narai, Ultimate Frontier, and the like. Besides, it's not like Mogami can take part in Cherry Blossom, anyway.

I'll likely have Bismarck or Amagi(or Hsienyang) as my first Tier VIII. I'm not exactly excited about the Mahan grind, and I haven't even unlocked Mahan for purchase yet, so yeah no. No Benson any time soon for me. No Budyonny to finish the grind to Schors means, too, no Chapeyev anytime soon for me, either.

[Can you tell I don't like allied cruisers in this game very much? I don't like the look of the French Cruisers, RN CLs are hardly me(though I have, very reluctantly, resumed their grind and I'm on Emerald:fish_boom:), and USN Cruisers I have barely started on(I'm on the St. Louis at Tier III still). I think the only line of Allied Cruisers that I might find myself zooming up, once released, are RN CAs.(Give me my Hawkins, my Kent, and my York, DARN YOU!)]

Something for that TARDIS thingy