You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Halsey Campaign

52 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles

About 1/2 way through the 3rd mission set. Kinda gave me a kick in the rear to start playing my T8 BB's. I don't really grind but just happened to be at T8 on three diff lines. A side benny being I actually feel like I'm getting better at BBs so its been fun for the most part.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,670 posts
24,433 battles

I'm slowly working through the 1st part of Halsey. 

I'm a terrible DD player and I think he's best suited to skipper a DD at first glance.  I'm just glad I don't feel the need to grind that campaign like I did the Yamamoto.  Too bad we can't choose our own tracer colors.  And I'm still waiting for colored shell splashes as used by USN and IJN in WW2 .

[5IN]
Supertester
1,983 posts
9,196 battles

Lol, I've almost finished the first stage... still a ways to go though.  I'm in no hurry though.  Nice job to all those who are done, or nearly there.

B

[INTEL]
Members
9,805 posts
27,863 battles

On stage 2. Mostly been playing Fletcher for that stage, lots of DD oriented tasks. The BB play has be abysmal.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ok Captains the Weekend is upon us so lets check some progress on the new campaign.

Are you already done with it?

Are you almost done with it?

Have you even started it?

As for myself I need 4 more stars to unlock the final task of the 5th part of the campaign.

Then Halsey will be part of my fleet and await the arrival of the Wooster for which I will have 2,000,000 commander xp to get him the rest of the way to 19.

Jeez how much do you play? I mean the tasks arent hard at all but the grind itself ... its loooong.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,152 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

How!?  I do about 50% co op and the only missions on stage 1 you can do are slow, 1 star missions.  Getting large amounts of base EXP and credits takes forever I could op even with high tiers.

By doing task 1 and 2 over and over....and over. For this campaign it is Capt XP and credits for Co-op. I have a lot of flags/camo and a lot of premiums including MO. Using standard tech tree ships too but mostly premiums that earn better. At 7 stars right now in Stage 3.

Here is a game I just did in Hindenburg that finished a star for me. Capt XP was 10777. This is about what I usually am getting in good games but ran into a stretch where the rewards seemed unusually low even in good games that has slowed me a bit. Seems back to normal though...

E8su8xp.jpg

And of course there is the Mighty MO with it's built in credit printing press that helps a lot (Capt XP was good too at 15037)...

LLxfaBH.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I've been doing about 10 battles per day, using Hindenberg and Henri IV. I've completed the first 2 missions but today and possibly tomorrow I'm taking a break from the Halsey Campaign as I don't generally care for high tier play.

I do wish that WG had made both the Halsey and Yamamoto Campaigns doable for tier 5 and up. Some of us don't like high tiers. Plus it would likely help with new players who otherwise feel left out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,152 posts
14,258 battles
9 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I've been doing about 10 battles per day, using Hindenberg and Henri IV. I've completed the first 2 missions but today and possibly tomorrow I'm taking a break from the Halsey Campaign as I don't generally care for high tier play.

I do wish that WG had made both the Halsey and Yamamoto Campaigns doable for tier 5 and up. Some of us don't like high tiers. Plus it would likely help with new players who otherwise feel left out.

I like the idea from another thread about having the Campaign start with lower tier ships and progress up to finish in the higher tiers.  People can play their way up as they move up in the game.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,535 posts
31,860 battles

Completed final task of Mission 1 last night.  So I'm on Mission 2 with 0 stars.

I'm a co-op main so it will be slow and easy going.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,978 battles
21 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Jeez how much do you play? I mean the tasks arent hard at all but the grind itself ... its loooong.

I have played a 110 games since the campaign started.

Will finish it today.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[MIA-I]
Members
1,232 posts
12,057 battles

Finished it this morning. I did a mix of co-op and PVP, used flags and camos liberally. He is well worth it. I had stockpiled Elite XP for the purpose of leveling him to 19pts instantly. 

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I give a big middle finger to the fact that it requires Tier 8-10 ships. High tier is cancerous. Tier 7 being uptiered all the time is cancerous. Next time, with an event like this, either make it for Tiers 5-7, or for Tiers 9-10.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Members
184 posts
9,244 battles
On 6/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, jason199506 said:

2 nights ago ran into [RNF]Chtholly in his montana with red shell tracer

Was it the chtholly with a re-roll account to over compensate for uh, a little inadequacy and then talks smack to people while insulting them with racial slurs?

Same guy?

[N-W-T]
Members
1,360 posts
5,726 battles

I'm using the 1-star missions to get through both yamato and halsey.  2 in the yamato missions and 1 in halsey. I could use halsey way more since I have most US ships, but the lure of supercontainers is too strong so trying to finish yamato first. 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,198 posts
17,569 battles

Currently working on the unlocked, last mission to the second to last tier.  My amount of matches is nowhere near what I used to do in the past these days, so it's been a very slow grind.

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,733 battles

Now working on the last task of the last stage. Soon my namesake- SOON!

Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,820 battles

Halsey seems to be going by faster then when I did the Yamamoto campaign. I suppose it could be due to the task requirements or due to me having more tier 8 + ships now than back then. I am at stage 3 of it no steel drops in the supercontainers I got 1,000 doubloons and the engine boost modification 1 not too bad drop wise. I plan to just do the one stars as I want to have fun and focus on my current grinds 8/10 on my goal now.

[WOLF5]
Members
580 posts
16,510 battles
2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Aaand done!

shot-18_07.09_17_12.59-0241.thumb.jpg.6aeab806f66821e7839ed944d260c384.jpg

Well done.  :cap_like:

Now I just have to convince WG to have a Battle of Hampton Roads mission.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,249 posts
10,908 battles
6 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Aaand done!

Congratulations, I am still not done with Yamamoto, some day.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,797 posts
21,011 battles
12 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Aaand done!

Gratz, got mine 6 hours ago. Finally I feel free to play whatever I want to again. I spend most of the last two weeks to get the tasks done.

Now I have to find a ship for him.