You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Halsey Campaign

52 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,973 battles

Ok Captains the Weekend is upon us so lets check some progress on the new campaign.

Are you already done with it?

Are you almost done with it?

Have you even started it?

As for myself I need 4 more stars to unlock the final task of the 5th part of the campaign.

Then Halsey will be part of my fleet and await the arrival of the Wooster for which I will have 2,000,000 commander xp to get him the rest of the way to 19.

[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,191 battles

2 nights ago ran into [RNF]Chtholly in his montana with red shell tracer

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,504 posts
14,628 battles

Like my grind with ships in general, I pretty much accomplish campaigns during  my normal course of playing the game.  I have a certain number of games in me each night.  All T8+ gets kinda boring.  So I throw in a nice mix of mid tiers, and an occasional seal club match. Even when playing T8+, I don't play in any way to achieve the campaign conditions I have set.  I just play the game normally, and let the chips fall where they fall.

This allows me to just PLAY and have fun, and my progress moves along.  I'll get there.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 5

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,973 battles
6 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

2 nights ago ran into [RNF]Chtholly in his montana with red shell tracer

Well then that makes 2 players of which have completed it.

One guy in my Clan has already completed it as well.

I still wish the tracers were Blue lol

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
7 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ok Captains the Weekend is upon us so lets check some progress on the new campaign.

Are you already done with it?

Are you almost done with it?

Have you even started it?

As for myself I need 4 more stars to unlock the final task of the 5th part of the campaign.

Then Halsey will be part of my fleet and await the arrival of the Wooster for which I will have 2,000,000 commander xp to get him the rest of the way to 19.

Congrats on almost finishing the campaign already.

I'm still working on the Yamamoto campaign and since I play 1 PvP game for every 10 or so PvE games, I've been taking my time on the campaign. When I finish Yamamoto I will start on Halsey. I also wanted to complete Shinonome this year, but I think I will take my time on that campaign.

Members
1,201 posts
3,156 battles

I've been working on Yamamoto for a month now and I just finished the first "stage." There's no way I'm getting Halsey this year. 

[SOFOP]
Members
729 posts
6,718 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I've been working on Yamamoto for a month now and I just finished the first "stage." There's no way I'm getting Halsey this year. 

That's pretty much where I am at.  I play US ships more than IJN, so I switched over to the US campaign.  After about 10 battles a night, i think I've got 2-3 stars in the first task area :)  Going to be a while.  Im focusing on the credits and the commander XP ones.  If I kick on premium, I may toss the 1-2 destroyer kills one in there.

I know they can't accommodate everyone and every style, but I wish there was a way to complete this campaign in lower tier ships.  Even dropped the bottom to tier 7 would be nice (even if they had to increase the requirements for each task if using a sub T8 ship, I'd be good with that).  I just don't find T8+ battles particularly fun, even when top tiered.  Maybe if I get a T10 ship I'll change my mind, but i doubt it (which is why I haven't pushed it).

[ARGSY]
Members
10,173 posts
6,638 battles
11 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I just play the game normally, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Yep.

Because I don't (yet) run premium time regularly, I have to decide which two campaigns matter most to me. Because I bought Yamamoto crates in the bundle with my Ishizuchi, I have unlocked that collection and got what I want from it (two flags on Japanese ships). Yamamoto can wait. I want the same thing on US ships, so I've decided to queue up one of the automatic tasks (credits or XP) from Halsey and the damage tasks from the Shinonome campaign, and they can just trundle along in the background.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

I'm about finish with Yamamoto campaign for who knows how long and have started Halsey now.

...I wonder if I should even bother with Honorable Service at all...but then again I don't have tier 10 yet.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,496 posts
13,915 battles

About 7 stars into the 3rd stage of 5 now. Just chomping my way through.

• Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
10,041 posts
19,455 battles
17 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Like my grind with ships in general, I pretty much accomplish campaigns during  my normal course of playing the game.  I have a certain number of games in me each night.  All T8+ gets kinda boring.  So I throw in a nice mix of mid tiers, and an occasional seal club match. Even when playing T8+, I don't play in any way to achieve the campaign conditions I have set.  I just play the game normally, and let the chips fall where they fall.

This allows me to just PLAY and have fun, and my progress moves alone.  I'll get there.

This^^^

As a matter of bullheaded obstinacy, and the fact I have a long-standing dislike of high tier PvP, I’m seriously contemplating grinding it out in PvE just to say I did.

I’ll load in the stupid WoT Daily Missions... I mean, the other tasks, afterwards, and maybe complete them as I may.

Who knows; I don’t play them much and find little enjoyment in Grand Master Chess... I mean, high tier games, so it may be a while before I finish any of the other tasks.

Members
5,353 posts
6,094 battles

How in the world do some of you people get this far in a campaign already?

I mean, I don't play more than a handful of battles a day, and I don't always play every day of the week, so progress isn't super fast, but even I'm not more than 3 or 4 stars into the first mission of the 5 or 6.Even if I had only picked the grindy missions(capt exp, exp, credits, ect.) I still don't think I'd be done with the first mission, let alone close to finishing the second.

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,715 battles

Stage 1 just about done. just have to grind the final stage. Work on Stage 2 next. Work on XP and credits. Rinse and repeat.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,496 posts
13,915 battles
10 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

How in the world do some of you people get this far in a campaign already?

High tier play with lots of camo and flag use. Since the captain XP and credit missions are repeatable and the post-signals values are counted, you can blaze through them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NGAGE]
Members
343 posts
11,064 battles

I've got four stars on stage 4. Yes, I play too much. I've finished all the other campaigns and it bothers me I have not finished this one. 

It's too bad I'm not a CA player, or it might be done already. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,973 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

High tier play with lots of camo and flag use. Since the captain XP and credit missions are repeatable and the post-signals values are counted, you can blaze through them.

Yep that is the way to do it.

Also if you spend most of your time in a DesMoines or Monty as it is.

Then it is like an extra reward for what you do everyday anyway.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,715 battles
4 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Yep that is the way to do it.

Also if you spend most of your time in a DesMoines or Monty as it is.

Then it is like an extra reward for what you do everyday anyway.

Been using the Kron for the Grind.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
15,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Been using the Kron for the Grind.

I used the Alsace in the third stage lol.

The constant secondary kills  and finishing in the top 3 XP made repeating a couple of 2 star tasks very easy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,226 posts
10,899 battles

I am still on the first stage. With the very bad time I am having lately only a few of them are viable for me to attempt.

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1/2 through stage 3. All in Co-op.

How!?  I do about 50% co op and the only missions on stage 1 you can do are slow, 1 star missions.  Getting large amounts of base EXP and credits takes forever I could op even with high tiers.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, galspanic said:

How!?  I do about 50% co op and the only missions on stage 1 you can do are slow, 1 star missions.  Getting large amounts of base EXP and credits takes forever I could op even with high tiers.

@AdmiralThunder plays a LOT of PvE.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,470 posts
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well then that makes 2 players of which have completed it.

One guy in my Clan has already completed it as well.

I still wish the tracers were Blue lol

Suggest it - would be an easy thing to do... or better yet, how about a mix of red, white and blue? 

[SALVO]
Members
19,989 posts
19,924 battles

I'm still working on the first stage of the Halsey mission, but I'm in rush.  I'm just doing the 1-star tasks, the commander's XP, the credits, and the sink a DD and survive tasks.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,226 posts
10,899 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm still working on the first stage of the Halsey mission, but I'm in rush.  I'm just doing the 1-star tasks, the commander's XP, the credits, and the sink a DD and survive tasks.

The same here, lately my performance has been terrible so the the multiple star tasks are out of reach.