You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheBlackWind

Those spendy containers...

37 comments in this topic

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
6,886 battles

Has anyone bought a substantial amount of the new containers? I'm just wondering if they're overall "a really bad deal" like the last sets. Is there any significant chance of getting something nice? What all comes in them? 

[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
20 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

Has anyone bought a substantial amount of the new containers? I'm just wondering if they're overall "a really bad deal" like the last sets. Is there any significant chance of getting something nice? What all comes in them? 

Let me summon @AdmiralThunder, as he completed the collection with the American boxes in the shop. IIRC, there were a lot of dragon flags and he got 3 or 4 premium ship missions, besides completing the collection.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,679 posts
4,438 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

snip

Iirc he got from 60 containers about 1200 dragon flags, and all the missions for the premium ships except the Monaghan.

edit:

Managed to find his thread

Edited by warheart1992

[BNKR]
Members
1,155 posts
1,077 battles

I bought five containers, each with 10 of one type "super" premium signal, some emblems, and a Sims earn mission. Worth it for me.

[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
20 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

Why that sounds exciting! I eagerly await his reply. 

I was too busy to go find his thread about it, but warheart1992 found it and posted it.

14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Iirc he got from 60 containers about 1200 dragon flags, and all the missions for the premium ships except the Monaghan.

edit:

Managed to find his thread

[WOLF2]
Members
1,235 posts
8,474 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Let me summon @AdmiralThunder, as he completed the collection with the American boxes in the shop. IIRC, there were a lot of dragon flags and he got 3 or 4 premium ship missions, besides completing the collection.

Or, you can summon me, who got about 60% of the collection (ok), got a bunch of flags (pretty good), and one ship mission (cleveland, which I already had).    One 30 crate purchase.

Got suckered again.  Should have learned after the French BB crate purchase.   That's why it's gambling, folks.   Your mileage may vary.

Edited by DiddleDum

[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
Just now, DiddleDum said:

Or, you can summon me, who got about 60% of the collection (ok), got a bunch of flags (pretty good), and one ship mission (cleveland, which I already had). 

Got suckered again.  Should have learned after the French BB crate purchase.   That's why it's gambling, folks.   Your mileage may vary.

I did well on the French crates. I bought one full set, which got me two BB missions and got the other two BB missions on the free crates. The flags and camo that came with that were worth it to me as I rarely play PvP, so containers is the way I get about half my flags & camo.

If I had the spare change, I might get a set to try and get the Monaghan mission, if I got lucky. I have the other premiums already from bundles, so I would be hoping for the one mission. 

[INTEL]
Members
7,024 posts
28,579 battles

Bought two sets. Was gunning for Monaghan. Got Sims and Cleveland instead (which I have) plus flags (not enough yellow but plenty of the others). Can't complain.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
561 posts
16,083 battles
9 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Or, you can summon me, who got about 60% of the collection (ok), got a bunch of flags (pretty good), and one ship mission (cleveland, which I already had). 

As a counter-point, I bought a 30-pack, and got all 5 ship missions and about 75% of the collection (bought another 10 to finish off the collection.)

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
6,886 battles

Thanks for the replies folks! 

So if I understand right, each one comes with 10 premium flags, the rest is a gamble. Sound about right? 

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
6,886 battles

I feel like I may have a good chance at something nice. I own Cleveland and Sims, but have none of the others. Hmmmmm......

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
561 posts
16,083 battles
5 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

So if I understand right, each one comes with 10 premium flags, the rest is a gamble. Sound about right? 

You get 20 special flags, plus 2 pieces for the Cruiser collection (these could be duplicates,) plus a chance for a special mission for a USN ship.

Edit: finally ninja'd @Kizarvexis for once

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
1 minute ago, TheBlackWind said:

20 dragon style flags each I believe

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/6645/

I feel like I may have a good chance at something nice. I own Cleveland and Sims, but have none of the others. Hmmmmm......

If you happen to get the Cleveland or Sims missions, you will get the equivalent doubloon value in silver.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
71 posts
3,768 battles
28 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I bought five containers, each with 10 of one type "super" premium signal, some emblems, and a Sims earn mission. Worth it for me.

I bought more than that and got both the Kidd and Atlanta., as well as 33/48 of the collection (but I have 31 duplicates as well)

Could I afford it? Yes. My gambling rule is if you can't afford to lose it, then don't pay it.

Was it value for money? Not really, especially compared to what others have been claiming.

I'm sure some will see me as lucky compared to their own purchases.

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
933 posts
6,886 battles

I decided to buy a 10 pack. I got Atlanta, the other ship I have which I'd forgotten about ;)   

Oh well, it was an interesting experiment. Silver is something I definitely don't need, but the flags are nice. 

[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles

I decided to buy a 10 pack. I got Atlanta, the other ship I have which I'd forgotten about ;)   

Oh well, it was an interesting experiment. Silver is something I definitely don't need, but the flags are nice. 

Atlanta is fun, but blows up when a red ship looks at her. :Smile_teethhappy:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
53 minutes ago, TheBlackWind said:

20. It says that on the store page. You're guaranteed 20 per box. Thunder got 1200 flags that's $200.

c18fde565f8b4519a2436ea31aa52120.jpg

Edited by w4spl3g

[PVE]
Members
7,907 posts
13,843 battles
2 hours ago, TheBlackWind said:

1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

never mind someone answered for me...

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
718 posts
10,601 battles

I did two buys, 1 10 Cont and 1 30 Cont, this gave me EXACTLY the amount of drops/dups to complete the campaign, which also happened to give me all of the missions. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
176 posts
6,574 battles

Bought 30 containers, did not get one ship mission and I have a total of 37 of 48 items.  That said, I do not know how many I had prior to purchasing the crates.

Beta Testers
125 posts
8,089 battles

I'm just hoping to get the mission for the Kidd, that's the only one I'm interested in