You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

How could these 2 games make about the same credit?

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts

last 2 games, similar credit? the only explanation is 3 spotting made huge amount?

shot-18_06.08_12_50.18-0199.thumb.jpg.b28b8af6664ba9439b234e473d029868.jpg

shot-18_06.08_13_31.12-0486.thumb.jpg.845e5f6e13f4e1fe2a0af86bd73a0267.jpg

Edited by Happy668

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts

ok detailed reports: btw i was 2nd place on chart both games, so that shouldn't make any difference

shot-18_06.08_13_38.50-0580.thumb.jpg.3f464f596267fbe9563848c741ac483b.jpg

shot-18_06.08_13_39.14-0161.thumb.jpg.000b1593c402fe3ec53b2529ce29ade0.jpg

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My WAG: first game damage dealt to battleships/cruisers? Second game damage dealt to destroyers?

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
Just now, Nutaz said:

the victory where you had 56K damage, was it the first win of the day

nope, the other one is, but i don't think that affects credit, it only affects xp

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

My WAG: first game damage dealt to battleships/cruisers? Second game damage dealt to destroyers?

maybe, but still only 9k damage, and it's only a t6

Edited by Happy668

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

It is based off percent hp of the target. So the game with lower damage you did more to each target versus the higher damage you did less. If that makes sense. 10k/15k for a DD is the same as 50k/75k for a BB. 

Plus as far as quality of damage, 50k+ in fires versus under 10k in fires. I don’t think that applies to XP but it means you did more damage that sticks.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
12 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

It is based off percent hp of the target. So the game with lower damage you did more to each target versus the higher damage you did less. If that makes sense. 10k/15k for a DD is the same as 50k/75k for a BB. 

Plus as far as quality of damage, 50k+ in fires versus under 10k in fires. I don’t think that applies to XP but it means you did more damage that sticks.

yeah but first game did more than 50% to 2 bbs

my feeling is, with high caliber, cap, 2 defends, the first game should  have made much more

Edited by Happy668

[WAG]
Members
542 posts
9,091 battles

Were you running camo or signals that provided a different credit bonus? Was there a challenge that yielded credits on completion? You would need to look at the last of the after battle screens with all of the credit details displayed.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
11 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

my feeling is, with high caliber, cap, 2 defends, the first game should  have made much more

There's also the 2 kills in the second game which gives a sizable bonus, I think. As well as about 45% more potential damage.

Beta Testers
1,195 posts
14,933 battles
44 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

last 2 games, similar credit? the only explanation is 3 spotting made huge amount?

shot-18_06.08_12_50.18-0199.thumb.jpg.b28b8af6664ba9439b234e473d029868.jpg

shot-18_06.08_13_31.12-0486.thumb.jpg.845e5f6e13f4e1fe2a0af86bd73a0267.jpg

Base defense and base cap. vs 2 kills and 3 spotted.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
22 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

That's his point.  Doing 100k damage to two BBs, which were then sunk by others on your team, is worth about the same as you doing ~85-90% damage & getting the kill on that Farragut in the second battle.

You can check out @LittleWhiteMouse's breakdown on XP earning here.  Final numbers are then figured based on your modifiers, as explained in the wiki here.

Edited by Harv72b
Wrong word 8D

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,737 posts
10,776 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Where you and/or your targets were while fighting does have an impact on how much experience you earn. The closer to the cap you or your target are the more experience you get but the factor is unknown.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,833 posts
8,347 battles

Credits and experience gains are not directly linked.  Actions reward differently.  So what may make you a butt-ton of experience doesn't necessarily translate into high credit earning.

[STURM]
Members
424 posts
3,677 battles
53 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Credits and experience gains are not directly linked.  Actions reward differently.  So what may make you a butt-ton of experience doesn't necessarily translate into high credit earning.

Yeah, I recall you mentioning that in a post somewhere, I want to say the Missouri review?

I also recall that you mentioned that you were going to ask some Wargaming staff to shed some light on it. Did that happen, or did that (understandably) get put on the backburner?

[WG-CC]
9,833 posts
8,347 battles
7 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Yeah, I recall you mentioning that in a post somewhere, I want to say the Missouri review?

I also recall that you mentioned that you were going to ask some Wargaming staff to shed some light on it. Did that happen, or did that (understandably) get put on the backburner?

I asked and it was turned down.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,644 posts
10,919 battles

Looks like the maybe a kill bonus in the second battle maybe the spoting bonus.

Also looks like you were top tier in the first battle, if you were bottom tier in the second one that can make a difference as well( I think, not sure if credits and xp or just xp).

There are so many factors in this that are not disclosed very hard to evaluate it. 

Be glad that you did.

[STURM]
Members
424 posts
3,677 battles
56 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I asked and it was turned down.

Ah, that's a shame.

I get why, though. As a business, WG doesn't want to lose the incentive for people to buy credits or premium time the high tier credit bottleneck creates. As a game developer, WG wouldn't want people to prioritize making credits over teamplay, and the credit bottleneck also encourages people to play more than just tier X all the time.

Anyways, thanks for your time, LWM.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

don't know how WG give credit and xp given the same action, but i think they should be similar, the first game higher xp i think is due to 50% first win, the two games have similar base xp

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Looks like the maybe a kill bonus in the second battle maybe the spoting bonus.

Also looks like you were top tier in the first battle, if you were bottom tier in the second one that can make a difference as well( I think, not sure if credits and xp or just xp).

There are so many factors in this that are not disclosed very hard to evaluate it. 

Be glad that you did.

yeah i think spotting bonus must be substantial, the killing blow i read doesn't give much, i don't know

i think both games t8 are the top tier, definitely 2nd game since it has a t6

[WG-CC]
9,833 posts
8,347 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

don't know how WG give credit and xp given the same action, but i think they should be similar, the first game higher xp i think is due to 50% first win, the two games have similar base xp

It's simple enough.  For example, sinking a same-tier ship (not including the damage done -- just the act of sinking it) rewards the equivalent of doing 15% of that ship's health in damage for experience gains.  However, a kill might yield proportionately more or less credits compared to doing 15% damage.  Similarly, there are diminishing returns for experience. 

Strip all of the health off an enemy ship and you collect the experience for doing so.  Kill a second and your reward is only the equivalent of stripping one enemy plus a portion of a second.  If you strip 3 enemies of all of their health, you are awarded as if you stripped the health completely off two.  Credits might not have this diminishing return or the rate at which it depletes could be more or less.