Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_3PcbQIcaagnb

If tier 3 BBs were improved by WG would anyone dissaprove?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

201
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
621 posts
4,442 battles

Improved how?  RoF, AA, sigma, traverse, HP?  WG prob wants to avoid making them too attractive to vet players to keep the lower tiers more noob friendly.  Buffing the BBs might attract too many would-be seal clubbers, beyond the King Al owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
629
[WOLF5]
Members
1,886 posts
2,647 battles

Would anyone care or even notice? Probably not. Look, the bottom line is people play the T3s for what, maybe 10 games? maybe 20. Then it's on to the next ship. As long as it's not terrible, no one really cares too much because people only play them to get to the next tier.

Also, if a ship is too good, people go seal-clubbing. I'm guilty there. The St. Louis is borderline OP, good armor and ridiculous guns. It wrecks DDs, terrorizes CLs, and torches BBs. It turns well enough to dodge torps, and CVs are pretty easy to dodge at this tier. As a result, the only thing I'm afraid of is another St. Louis, and so I routinely go out and clobber unsuspecting newbs in it. Imagine if every T3 were like that. New players would get destroyed, lose interest, and quit the game. That's not what WG wants, and so partly why they don't really pay much attention to the low tier ships. IIRC there was a bunch of buffs for a whole bunch of low tier ships a while back, but it's the only one I can remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[NNG]
Members
1,663 posts
2,676 battles

South Carolina could use a buff, but nobody really cares about tier III 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,023
Members
4,719 posts
7,555 battles
20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Would anyone care or even notice? Probably not. Look, the bottom line is people play the T3s for what, maybe 10 games? maybe 20. Then it's on to the next ship. As long as it's not terrible, no one really cares too much because people only play them to get to the next tier.

Also, if a ship is too good, people go seal-clubbing. I'm guilty there. The St. Louis is borderline OP, good armor and ridiculous guns. It wrecks DDs, terrorizes CLs, and torches BBs. It turns well enough to dodge torps, and CVs are pretty easy to dodge at this tier. As a result, the only thing I'm afraid of is another St. Louis, and so I routinely go out and clobber unsuspecting newbs in it. Imagine if every T3 were like that. New players would get destroyed, lose interest, and quit the game. That's not what WG wants, and so partly why they don't really pay much attention to the low tier ships. IIRC there was a bunch of buffs for a whole bunch of low tier ships a while back, but it's the only one I can remember.

Heh.  St louis is BETTER IMO than any BB at that tier. Wild and crazy ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,745 posts
11,091 battles

I play Orion tier 4 so I could seal club tier 3 BBs. Don't ruin it for me.

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,832
[RKLES]
Members
8,876 posts
10,828 battles

Tier 3 BBs are as they should be, because their historical versions were not all that fast or powerful when compared the their successors that followed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Lots of great ideas brought up here guys. Do you guys have an absolute favorite Tier 3 that you'd like to see changes for? (I've seen mention here of South Carolina and Kawachi) and what changes would you like to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,001
[WORX]
Members
3,085 posts
14,577 battles

My question is, Why are the BB regardless of tiers are getting the must buffs in the last yr or two? I would disagree, because BB getting better while everything is stays the same is well not good in the long run.

In summery, Having BBs vs BBs Battle is like  watching Neanderthals VS Cave man throwing rocks at each other. Boring! At any tier..

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
[WOLF9]
Members
8,424 posts
3,951 battles

BB global buffs?  What BB global buffs? 

And if you say radar I will come over there and slap you silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[ZIPPO]
Members
1,619 posts
3,603 battles
4 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Lots of great ideas brought up here guys. Do you guys have an absolute favorite Tier 3 that you'd like to see changes for? (I've seen mention here of South Carolina and Kawachi) and what changes would you like to see?

 

South Carolina is fine in my opinion although WG should dump the engine upgrade and make it straight 18.5 knots or make the upgrade to 20 knots since her and her sister could do that for short bursts

 

Kawachi really needs 2km more range, everything outranges her

 

Nassau is good, it's range isn't much better but that fast reload helps allot

 

Bellerophone is pretty fine although I don't know why this BB gets AA that's better than some T4 BBs

 

Turenne it's pretty balanced I think, not great but not bad either

 

Konig Albert is still pretty over powered and I'm not complaining, I love mine and wish I could sail her more

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
On 08/06/2018 at 11:13 PM, Psycodiver said:

 

South Carolina is fine in my opinion although WG should dump the engine upgrade and make it straight 18.5 knots or make the upgrade to 20 knots since her and her sister could do that for short bursts

 

Kawachi really needs 2km more range, everything outranges her

 

Nassau is good, it's range isn't much better but that fast reload helps allot

 

Bellerophone is pretty fine although I don't know why this BB gets AA that's better than some T4 BBs

 

Turenne it's pretty balanced I think, not great but not bad either

 

Konig Albert is still pretty over powered and I'm not complaining, I love mine and wish I could sail her more

Thanks for providing further insight @Psycodiver, it is really appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×