You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Triela50

RIP Anthony Bourdain

15 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles

I always had huge respect for Bourdain. No matter what part of the world he was in he always focused on what brought humanity together, not the things that drive us apart.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,022 posts
28,522 battles

A shock when I read this morning.

Liked the guy.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,387 posts
3,848 battles

I have no sympathy for suicides, but I am sad for myself. 

Anthony was a wonderful entertainer and could teach a lot just by making apparently-snarky comments.   His book Kitchen Confidential (read it!) can be said to have jump-started the celebrity chef phenomenon.  I will miss him.

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
3,037 posts
14,516 battles

Him and Gorden Ramsey. One of Great Britain's great Culinary minds who gained respect of Bourdain's chef skills. Its sad to see one go in a very heart wrenching fashion, prayers go out for the innocent of her 11 yo Daughter. Sad indeed.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ONE]
Members
286 posts
11,536 battles
41 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Him and Gorden Ramsey. Two of Great Britain's great Culinary minds. Its sad to see one go in a very heart wrenching fashion, prayers go out for the innocent of her 11 yo Daughter. Sad indeed.

Bourdain was not from GB.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,037 posts
14,516 battles
20 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

Bourdain was not from GB.

Edited thank you, I just saw a dedicated video on his life work, I messed that up. Thanks

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

A very sad loss. I actually took culinary arts for 3 years in high school and majored in that in college as well. He was one of my inspirations. He'll be missed.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,387 posts
3,848 battles

For an obscure remembrance, there was a single-season TV series**, Kitchen Confidential, based on the book and starring Bradley Cooper as the Bourdain character.  Excellent cast.  Fun series.  I think you can get it on Netflix.

** Like Firefly it was killed by post-season baseball, or rather, the idiots scheduling it there.

• Bad 1

Members
1,309 posts
9,828 battles

I wasn't a fan but someone I'm close to really took it hard, was a fan of his shows....I didn't realize his daughter was so young or that he was 61....Like Doug Stanhope said, "Life's not for everybody"