You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

That Moment When You Barely Miss A Kraken

9 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,821 posts
6,835 battles

During a match in Pensacola, our team had managed to overcome a slight disadvantage and we were hunting down the last enemy Mutsuki. Despite eating a torpedo (which miraculously did not cause me to flood), I was still at 5k health and more than capable of killing the Mutsuki, who was by this point running away like a scared puppy with all four of the remaining allied ships focusing him.

Just as I'm about to fire and wipe out the last 835 hp, the match ends with the shells in the air, thus denying me a kraken.

I'll get you next time, Mutsuki! Next time!

Image result for next time gadget gif

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.42.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.42.25 AM.png

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
5,152 posts
5,414 battles

Considering I sometimes wind up with 2-3 krakens a night, I try not to stress. I mean, yes, the close calls suck, but it's not something that gives me much pause. In fact, I derive far more frustration from (mid tier) matches where I only net 2-3 kills, but scored upwards of 150k, and we lose because 3-4 of my potato allies threw the match in the first 90 seconds.

• Funny 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,821 posts
6,835 battles
4 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Goeben said:

Considering I sometimes wind up with 2-3 krakens a night, I try not to stress. I mean, yes, the close calls suck, but it's not something that gives me much pause. In fact, I derive far more frustration from (mid tier) matches where I only net 2-3 kills, but scored upwards of 150k, and we lose because 3-4 of my potato allies threw the match in the first 90 seconds.

Fair enough, I think I'll call it a night and go to bed.

Although 2-3 krakens per night? How do you even manage that?

[ARGSY]
Members
9,601 posts
6,255 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Just as I'm about to fire and wipe out the last 835 hp, the match ends with the shells in the air, thus denying me a kraken.

Oh man, that sucks hairy chihuahua balls.

ETA: Hang on, wait; you got within seconds of a Kraken in the Pensacola? Seems to contradict what a lot of the naysayers are saying about this ship.

2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

2-3 krakens per night? How do you even manage that?

The bloodied corpses of helpless baby seals, perhaps? A re-roll playing Tier 1 ships at a stage where the Randoms still have bots? Whatever the secret is, I want to know! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

During a match in Pensacola, our team had managed to overcome a slight disadvantage and we were hunting down the last enemy Mutsuki. Despite eating a torpedo (which miraculously did not cause me to flood), I was still at 5k health and more than capable of killing the Mutsuki, who was by this point running away like a scared puppy with all four of the remaining allied ships focusing him.

I'll get you next time, Mutsuki! Next time!

Image result for next time gadget gif

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.42.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.42.25 AM.png

LOL, nice job. I was denied one today, in same fashion, time run out. I was in the Turdene. That French tier 3 BB. 

[NSC]
Members
176 posts
6,556 battles

I just missed my second ever kraken this morning...so close :(

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
11,151 battles

I missed a 9th kill in a v-25 match once, with shells in the air and the target having <100hp.  :( :( :( 

I feel your pain.  Though missing a kraken is usually due to some a-hat stealing the kill that i rightfully farmed.  

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I denied a Red his Kraken. I was driving Perth and my team's CV and myself were the last survivors of the team. I got spotted by a plane from the Red CV. A 1/4 health Giulio Caesar on the Red team who was in the same general area headed my way and announced "Kraken coming up!" Now after the CV plane was gone I'd gone dark with that sweet 8.6 detectability. I spotted Giulio coming straight for me, no course changes at all. So I set up a max range torpedo attack and the fool sailed right into it and ate 2 torps. "No Kraken for YOU!"  :Smile_izmena:

That kinda reflects the arrogance of many BB drivers toward Cruisers. "Duh, it's a Cruiser! Easy kill."

[KNMSU]
Members
5,152 posts
5,414 battles
7 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Fair enough, I think I'll call it a night and go to bed.

Although 2-3 krakens per night? How do you even manage that?

I'm good, but not great. I always shoot at cruisers and destroyers first, and I make an effort to finish damaged foes.

Plus, I said 'sometimes,' heh. Sometimes I go a few days without one, too - it's just about luck, more than anything; who I draw on my team, and who is on the enemy team.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Goeben