Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

In celebration for seeing Kitakaze and Harugumo for the first time I take their little sister for a spin

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,320 posts
11,032 battles

Seeing some of the stats on Kitakaze and Harugumo today made me want to drag out an old SL favorite, my Akizuki.

Surely I must be mad to trot out such a sluggish, and easy to hit DD when the meta is apparently instant death to any DD that attempts to load into the game.  The first game on Islands of Ice was interesting.  I was radared by a Buffalo, a Moskva, and a Missouri.  None could do the job until with points stacked in the enemy's favor, and time running down I just farm the enemy Missouri that was kind enough to give me a bit of side. 

In hindsight the smoke I blew making sure the GK died before getting a heal off was wasted.  I should have waited and finished him if he did heal and DCP.  I could have done a lot more with that smoke later in the game.

Still a good battle that shows what a dirty girl Akizuki is when it comes to her AP.

Akizuki IoI - Your radar just makes me hurt you more

Second game is more of a bar fight in B cap on Trap.  The game starts with me springing an ambush on an enemy DD hiding behind the island in the center of B cap, and its like I kicked over an ant hill.  Ships everywhere.  The fighting ends up under 3km with torps and shells everywhere.  This kind of scrapping reminds me of playing Akizuki in SL. 

The DD that fights like a CA

Hope you guys enjoy.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
792
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,129 posts
13,819 battles

What is sl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

That thread title tho.

FBI is on their way.

 

Edited by LukeV
This is sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[NWNG]
Members
2,727 posts
4,604 battles
4 minutes ago, LukeV said:

That thread title tho.

FBI is on their way.

Akizuki is the jealous older sister, as she is little in size. So the term "little sister" is referring to size, not age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
792
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,129 posts
13,819 battles
5 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Supremacy League, the competition NA had before King of the Sea.

Ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,320 posts
11,032 battles
4 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Akizuki is the jealous older sister, as she is little in size. So the term "little sister" is referring to size, not age.

MFW I'm actually not a weeb.  My name goes back to KNTAI's days when they had a naming convention.  I joined the clan prior to clans existing in game to compete in SL.  Had to change my name to something compliant.  I went through the list of Kagero class DD (my favorite DD in the game) and looked at the meaning of the names.  I will hand it to the Japanese, they know how to name ships.  Settled on Kuroshio which means Black Tide.  It stuck out to me because the way I play DDs is sort of like water.  You can thrash against it, but eventually the water will surround and suffocate you.

I didnt know what Kancolle was until being in KNTAI for a few months, just sort of figured it out.  I was only thinking about it from a tier standpoint.  LOL.

The only reason I even know some of this stuff is my clan is filled with weebs.  Blame them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[NWNG]
Members
2,727 posts
4,604 battles
6 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

MFW I'm actually not a weeb.  My name goes back to KNTAI's days when they had a naming convention.  I joined the clan prior to clans existing in game to compete in SL.  Had to change my name to something compliant.  I went through the list of Kagero class DD (my favorite DD in the game) and looked at the meaning of the names.  I will hand it to the Japanese, they know how to name ships.  Settled on Kuroshio which means Black Tide.  It stuck out to me because the way I play DDs is sort of like water.  You can thrash against it, but eventually the water will surround and suffocate you.

I didnt know what Kancolle was until being in KNTAI for a few months, just sort of figured it out.  I was only thinking about it from a tier standpoint.  LOL.

The only reason I even know some of this stuff is my clan is filled with weebs.  Blame them.

That was a very convoluted, yet very entertaining, way of saying "I was referring to the tier number."

And oh my gosh, I do love the IJN's naming convention. Autumn Moon is a wonderful name. So too is Island Wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,320 posts
11,032 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That was a very convoluted, yet very entertaining, way of saying
 

Pretty much what i am saying when my clan mates are discussing the wide world of weeb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×