Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

Tank build doesnt work vs HE spam?

17 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,176 posts
10,554 battles

Both these examples are from today.

The Capts have BoS, SE, and FP.  India Yankee signal not used since I'm low ATM.  Mushy does not have DCSM2, NC does.

Musashi in a Tier 10 being spammed by a Des Moines, a couple of Conq HE shells,and a bit of secondary from a Yammy and Alsace. I never used DCP the entire match.

tankbuild2.thumb.PNG.219869ad0e0b63e08ba3e4104fd55eb6.PNGtankbuild1.PNG.dabfb87ea822b9a5faac7d0a1d46b591.PNG

North Carolina in a Tier 8 with a Cleveland and Monarch trying to make me into a big metal charcoal briquet. Finished the match with nearly 2/3s of my HP.

tankbuild4.thumb.PNG.5008a87558e76ab7983b04a588bfe6d9.PNGtankbuild3.PNG.a94d78bba8c21a69cce998a1ee263ffe.PNG

Not claiming a tank build will make you impervious to fire but it sure doesn't hurt when you have it.

[HINON]
Members
2,798 posts
20,274 battles

tank build doesnt work when you have canc... cvs in the match either

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,051 posts
12,120 battles

Its tank build, not imortal build.

but of course works, faster repair + less fire chances.

• Cool 2

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,675 battles
7 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Its tank build, not imortal build.

but of course works, faster repair + less fire chances.

Yeah if you just want to sit there bow on like a lot of Musashi players I see, that'll keep you intact a bit longer.  But if you are under sustained DM fire there isn't anything that will keep you around for very long.

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
22 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Yeah if you just want to sit there bow on like a lot of Musashi players I see, that'll keep you intact a bit longer.  But if you are under sustained DM fire there isn't anything that will keep you around for very long.

Deleting the DM or the spotter, when possible, helps.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,675 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Come on now, the DM is usually unreachable behind some island and the Musashi is spotted from space.

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
20 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Come on now, the DM is usually unreachable behind some island and the Musashi is spotted from space.

Perhaps ‘when possible’ was misread?

DM can’t shoot if it can’t see. If you can’t shoot the DM, then shoot what’s spotting, when possible.

At the same time; why does everyone always seem to presume that battleship drivers are all big dumb idiots who sail about without any consideration for cover, and that things like DM and Mino-tan will just be able to casually pummel them without consequence.

Maybe tell those Shimas to stop pushing against radar, flank out, and torp the hidy-holes.

Kind of like destroyer drivers always presuming Atlanta drivers are all fools just waiting around in the open to be spotted from space and deleted when they blithely chases after some kiting target.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,675 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Perhaps ‘when possible’ was misread?

DM can’t shoot if it can’t see. If you can’t shoot the DM, then shoot what’s spotting, when possible.

At the same time; why does everyone always seem to presume that battleship drivers are all big dumb idiots who sail about without any consideration for cover, and that things like DM and Mino-tan will just be able to casually pummel them without consequence.

Maybe tell those Shimas to stop pushing against radar, flank out, and torp the hidy-holes.

Kind of like destroyer drivers always presuming Atlanta drivers are all fools just waiting around in the open to be spotted from space and deleted when they blithely chases after some kiting target.

I wish we had some sort of battle mode for veteran/skilled players only.  Instead I go solo most of the time and usually know when my team is going to be annihilated just by looking at the lineup.  The game could be so much more with the existing engine but it just doesn't pay; naval combat simulators never have.

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
16 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

I wish we had some sort of battle mode for veteran/skilled players only.  Instead I go solo most of the time and usually know when my team is going to be annihilated just by looking at the lineup.  The game could be so much more with the existing engine but it just doesn't pay; naval combat simulators never have.

Supposedly, that's what Ranked and Clan Battles are for - though from what I hear about this past Ranked season it's not necessarily the case.

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,675 battles
1 minute ago, yungpanda said:

Supposedly, that's what Ranked and Clan Battles are for - though from what I hear about this past Ranked season it's not necessarily the case.

Yeah I don't know many that bothered with this ranked.  I did like the early ranked battles in the beginning of the game that were played on normal sized maps.  I can't play 300+ battles for that star.  Some guys it works for, goes to their head and they need it, etc.  I'd be happy with a different metric, perhaps one based upon avg WTR.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,846 posts
6,509 battles

Another important thing to note for your single game sample size is Musashi's 57mm deck for much of the area.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,051 posts
12,120 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

this, or just move to a better position.

• Cool 1

[RIPCV]
Members
140 posts
658 battles

If a DM is burning you from behind an island, chances are you can shoot back with spotter plane. 

[HINON]
Members
10,528 posts

Pretty sure the OP wrote this ironically as he survived both matches with the fireproof achievement.

Beta Testers
1,237 posts
7,355 battles
14 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Pretty sure the OP wrote this ironically as he survived both matches with the fireproof achievement.

I took it to mean they were implying that some people think tank builds are somehow ineffective against fire spam. Honestly a bit of a confusing post.

Members
287 posts
10,503 battles

Tank build doesn't include SE. SI for another heal maybe, and you should have both Damage Con upgrades, and CE as well so you can disappear if needed.

[H_]
Members
1,700 posts

There is a point about the HE spam that, no matter what everyone thinks, is important...  And that is that the cardinal rule is "don't lose customers" in a game over silly meta/op "revenue stunts."  This current HE and radar meta/op surge is a revenue stunt: for reasons I just can't fathom??

It is "difficult" to circumvent the "die by fire" dynamic we are seeing.  Not impossible, but difficult.   I am a potato and I've kinda of edged around a lot of the worst of it by simply avoiding contact.   That ruins the game over all but, it's a safe and easy survival technique.  The down side is that you never can close with the enemy till the end where some of the "less intelligent" CA/CL are dead because they believed their God like status and came out from behind their safe hide holes and were obliterated in short order.  Some of those CPT's was very angry that they died so easily !!!  Meta/OP does this.....creates an air of superiority and then, they want more.....

There are remediation techniques but, some of those, like the fire module, which is a level 4 selection, take a while to earn....and, even that only limits the fires to three (3)....  Members of my clan the other night went "crusier-ing" with the intent of miss behaving....  We took Minotaur, Cleveland, Edinburgh, Mogami's and such in a Division and tested the Meta/OP fire discussion.  Holy crap......we burnt one BB after another and there was nothing those CPT's could have done.....not even run away...  Think about it, 40 HE shells every 6 to 8 seconds.  Set a fire, set another, revert to the first target, set a fire, etc., etc., etc...  All night long, match after match....  Team work made this even worse...  Radar kept the DD's a bay.  We never were stupid enough to broadside our selves and use cover whenever possible....    If I can do this as a potato, imagine the possibilities when three very experienced CPT's start working together.....  Oh my.  Distance is your only friend and distance ruins the ability to close with the enemy and have anything left when and if you finally get there....  Too OP in my opinion....

Sign in to follow this