You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Hindenburg nerf

Should Hindenburg be nerfed  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hindenburg be nerfed

• Yes
    • No

61 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,184 posts
3,895 battles

If they're going to nerf "Battleship" Hindenberg, than they should also nerf "battleship" Moskva, "Battleship" Konstadt, and "Battleship" Stalingrad.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 8

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Y'all leave Hindy alone!

BTW, I love Hindenberg but I've been using Henri IV more lately. I do more damage with Henri than I do with Hindy. Henri's a damn good ship.

Edited by ReddNekk

Members
763 posts

It is a T10 cruiser that is less effective than my T9 BBs

The real deal with Hindenburg is it is easier to play than Des Moins or Zao. The other T10s I have not played. Des Moins and Zao are better but take more experience and continued practice. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,064 posts
3,397 battles

I wonder what he'd prefer modules be called. Specialized? Spec-Op? Retrofit/Refit Module? Type-X? Prototype? Secret Module? 

Spoiler

s.jpg

Members
3,277 posts
4 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I wonder what he'd prefer modules be called. Specialized? Spec-Op? Retrofit/Refit Module? Type-X? Prototype? Secret Module? 

Reveal hidden contents

s.jpg

Veteran module seems appropriate.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

It is a T10 cruiser that is less effective than my T9 BBs

Ya mean a Cruiser that doesn't do as much damage per shot as a BB? Ya don't say? Think about Hindy's effectiveness the next time one keeps your BB constantly on fire.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SQUAD]
Members
7,917 posts
8,323 battles

It's more of a nerf to Roon than to Hindy, and, honestly, while it's officially a nerf, it really isnt one. 1 second is going to make all but 0 difference.

• Bad 1

Members
3,277 posts
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It's more of a nerf to Roon than to Hindy, and, honestly, while it's officially a nerf, it really isnt one. 1 second is going to make all but 0 difference.

1 second is 10 percent. 1-2% would be fine. 10% is way too much.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,018 posts
7,806 battles

I can't believe ppl are over-reacting to this.

It is 9% DPM nerf but it won't change the fact that Hindenburg is still the most efficient mid-to-long range HE spammer. And she will still be the scary brawler she has always been.

[PRNA]
Members
265 posts
3,360 battles

It needed a little tweaking to be honest. Not sure how much the Roon needed it. I always thought it was one of those good, but not stupid ships. Like the Fletcher.

Hindenberg however needed some looking at. If you played CW you know what I mean. I don't think this makes too much of a difference. It'll still be run because of its other characteristics, and the nerf doesn't put its DPM on a level where it's a problem for the ship.

Those upcoming special modules on it though... 

• Cool 1

Members
3,277 posts
2 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

It needed a little tweaking to be honest. Not sure how much the Roon needed it. I always thought it was one of those good, but not stupid ships. Like the Fletcher.

Hindenberg however needed some looking at. If you played CW you know what I mean. I don't think this makes too much of a difference. It'll still be run because of its other characteristics, and the nerf doesn't put its DPM on a level where it's a problem for the ship.

Those upcoming special modules on it though... 

It's good in competitive because it counters the Radar ships. If  Radar was not so OP you would not see so many Hindenburgs.

• Bad 1

Members
3,064 posts
3,397 battles
22 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Veteran module seems appropriate.

Sounds good to me. 

Alpha Tester
3,644 posts
4,265 battles

Hindenburg should if anything be stripped of the 5900 damage AP shell, which is kind of a newbie trap(Hindenburg has the worst 8" AP of all the T10 ships) and also very, very weird relative to every other AP shell. 1/4 pen HE makes her a ship with an actual tactical role.

• Bad 2

[E501]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
13 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

I can't believe ppl are over-reacting to this.

It is 9% DPM nerf but it won't change the fact that Hindenburg is still the most efficient mid-to-long range HE spammer. And she will still be the scary brawler she has always been.

Yep. That 1/4 HE is just coming at a hit to RoF, and it's a love tap, really. 

Edited by Canadatron

Members
1,866 posts
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

It's good in competitive because it counters the Radar ships. If  Radar was not so OP you would not see so many Hindenburgs.

It's an effective counter to the other T10 cruisers. But they have their advantages as well. The Des Moines is probably the most played in clan wars. They're giving Zao 10km torps.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,752 posts
20,714 battles
36 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Reveal hidden contents

s.jpg

Not sure but I think I pick up the word legendary upgrade.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,752 posts
20,714 battles
5 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

It's an effective counter to the other T10 cruisers. But they have their advantages as well. The Des Moines is probably the most played in clan wars. They're giving Zao 10km torps.

Wasn't it 12km torpedos?

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I suppose it's "only" a second... As mentioned I'd like for these other upgrades to shake out before they made any changes. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,438 posts
11,421 battles

The fact that I'm not that good at T10 play yet Hindenburg is my automatic go-to for any ranked, CB, win-games in random or do damage-in random missions is somewhat suggestive, and I have all the T10 cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
437 posts
8,007 battles
27 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

1 second is 10 percent. 1-2% would be fine. 10% is way too much.

10 percent when constantly firing with no delay on the end of the captain between shots.

I am not sure how many shots are actually fired as soon as the cool down is up, but it’s defintiely not all, so the nerf is less than 10 percent 

[ANKER]
Members
240 posts
4,556 battles
12 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Hindenburg should if anything be stripped of the 5900 damage AP shell, which is kind of a newbie trap(Hindenburg has the worst 8" AP of all the T10 ships) and also very, very weird relative to every other AP shell. 1/4 pen HE makes her a ship with an actual tactical role.

German cruisers are meant to be AP bastards, so no, that'd be ridiculous. You'd have to give the Germans something in return, otherwise they'd just be flat out weak. It wouldn't be unreasonable to buff the AP characteristics. Besides, the AP already does significant damage, which is why it has the moniker BB Hindenberg. The deal with German cruisers having 1/4th pen HE with weak alpha and high AP alpha but high bounce angles means they're very situational or tactical as you say. To suggest the nerf of a ship/shell just because it's a 'newbie trap' is unfounded. Besides, those 203mm guns are the same as on the Hipper, Eugen, and Roon. That means nerfing all three, because why on earth would a T10 have weaker guns than a T8? 

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,848 posts
17,474 battles

Hindenburg should have been nerfed long ago, not sure about Roon since nobody cares about Roon anyway.

• Bad 2