You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neighbor_Kid

Night Battle... meh

10 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
450 posts
9,073 battles

Just tried the new operation.. this map is NOT dark enough to really represent a night battle. The thunderstorm on OP Hermes is darker than this..  The night time mod on Aslains is darker than this, and it very playable.  This needs to changed! Make it darker!!!!!!  This does not feel like a night battle. 

Bug report- Server crashed me to login screen, logged back in, no sound. 

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
1,371 posts
7,776 battles

The star shells aren't even something that affects game play, they're just pretty colors.

It's just a match where you're in a fluctuating cyclone effect where you shoot stuff... it's not dark... you have no control over launching star shells to increase visibility

It's just meh... more of the same with a shiny veneer.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,783 posts
10,788 battles

I found the night effect alright but the airfield needing HE instead of AP was a bit of a surprise.

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
450 posts
9,073 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I found the night effect alright but the airfield needing HE instead of AP was a bit of a surprise.

Just alright.. exactly..  not great, not good, just alright.. it's meh....  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,783 posts
10,788 battles
32 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Just alright.. exactly..  not great, not good, just alright.. it's meh....  

Without the Navigator mod it was very hard to tell the facing and direction of the target ships, they did a good job so far. I would like to see each ship firing star shells at targeted enemy ships, I feel that spotlights would be too complicated but it is a good start.

[NGAGE]
Beta Testers
450 posts
9,073 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Without the Navigator mod it was very hard to tell the facing and direction of the target ships, they did a good job so far. I would like to see each ship firing star shells at targeted enemy ships, I feel that spotlights would be too complicated but it is a good start.

it's a night fight.. it's not supposed to be easy..  Also, aslains mod which grants the night fight is darker, and it's still easy  enough to tell which direction ships are going.

Members
32 posts
3,282 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

So you are automatically ruined if you are using an Edinburgh, excellent game design WG.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,682 battles

Check out an old game called Destroyer Command from around 2002.  It had real night battles and is still a very playable game to this day.  I'd like to see those game mechanics brought into the current game engine.  The Battle of Savo Island is intense and real.  In many ways so much better than this entire game.

[VENOM]
Members
21 posts
14,521 battles
6 hours ago, Spartias said:

The star shells aren't even something that affects game play, they're just pretty colors.

It's just a match where you're in a fluctuating cyclone effect where you shoot stuff... it's not dark... you have no control over launching star shells to increase visibility

It's just meh... more of the same with a shiny veneer.

Agreed. We need starshells to illuminate distant targets that are firing on our objectives that we cannot even return fire on.

And it could be darker. Also, the AI needs to act like they cannot see anything also. They all steer like they know where we are going to engage them from. It should be night battle for both sides.

Finally, there are too many enemies at once. They are all spawning where we have to be and they can concentrate fire too well. The waves need to be more spread out so we can have time to react/engage.

Members
384 posts
6,718 battles
2 hours ago, 400lbHacker_TheCybers said:

So you are automatically ruined if you are using an Edinburgh, excellent game design WG.

This. Near the end of one match, one of the remaining ships alive, was an Edinburgh, and it could not damage the airfield. We had about 1.5 minutes left, and he had to get close enough for the SECONDARIES to start firing at it, and surprise, they could not even hit the airfield a vast majority of the time. Needless to say, mission failure, as the other ships had just got done destroying the other base, and the Ed ended up dying to a CA/DD spawn while hopelessly trying to secondary kill an airbase.

Personally, I think the carrier spawns should be a little further south. It took forever for a couple of the guys who were near the groups of soldiers, to reach the carriers. They had gone almost to the shoreline to block the destroyers firing.

Edited by Valas1