Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Arsenal Report

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

427
[NGA]
Members
1,633 posts
8,991 battles

Whelp just got off the test server and I've got to say I like what I'm seeing with the Arsenal. Lot's of stuff available for purchase and it seems like I'll be working on building my coal and steel reserves. Sets of twenty flags range from 400 coal (Hotel Yankee) to 6,400 coal (Equal Speed Charlie London and Victor Lima) and I wonder if they'll add the Dragon flags on the live server. Certain camouflages are also available for coal and you can even get containers from old collections. Currently, my favorite option is the possibility of purchasing the consumable upgrades for 35k coal a piece; useful considering I've yet to get a single Hydro Search upgrade. Though I secretly dread finding out how much steel Flint and Black are going to cost me.

In other news, I love the Sakura Bloom (yes I know they changed the name, but I prefer the former name so that's what I'm going with) scenario. It's rather straightforward and a team of experienced players should be able to handle it easily. Word of warning, practice your WASD hacking because every ship you face is armed with torpedoes and they use them in massive swarms so make sure you have the premium consumable for Hydro Search if nothing else. Another bit, be careful at the end because from what I can tell, the last Myoko and Aoba keep respawning so keep your focus more on the airfields. Good luck out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,695
[ARGSY]
Members
9,628 posts
6,297 battles
14 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

How do you earn the coal?

More to the point, how MUCH coal do you earn for specific tasks? This is where knowing exactly what happens on the live server is really going to count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[NGA]
Members
1,633 posts
8,991 battles

Currently it seems a bit up in the air. Given that they're requiring coal/steel to play the tier X ships, they currently just seem to be giving it away with battles. I imagine that this will change when the up goes live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,832
[RKLES]
Members
8,876 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

How do you earn the coal?

You be really bad all year and then Santa gives you coal at Christmas... :cap_happy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

This entry from the blog interests me: "Once the update with arsenal goes live, players will receive bonuses for prior results and/or achievements."

I guess this is where I figure out whether or not I've been "a good boy." Wondering if the bonuses will be based on games played, Tier X ships... something like that dragon flag bonus we got a couple years ago. (or was it last year? Or both... I don't recall.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
16,917 battles
1 minute ago, Gascan75 said:

This entry from the blog interests me: "Once the update with arsenal goes live, players will receive bonuses for prior results and/or achievements."

I guess this is where I figure out whether or not I've been "a good boy." Wondering if the bonuses will be based on games played, Tier X ships... something like that dragon flag bonus we got a couple years ago. (or was it last year? Or both... I don't recall.)

If that's the case than a lot of us might end up if a ton coal..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

If that's the case than a lot of us might end up if a ton coal..?

Well I suspect for that reason it won't EXACTLY be the case... but I'd be curious if anyone has any insights. I don't want to be all "gimme gimme gimme" but I do look forward to a nice stipend considering the substantial investment in patience, time and money. 

Edited by Gascan75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[WOLF7]
Members
220 posts
4,023 battles

Where do u find the Arsenal? I downloaded the PtS but didnt have time to play It yet. Is It under Clan window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

I don't know if anyone will see this, but here goes. I'm fairly new to WOW, and it's my first game of its sort. I've worked up to a Tier VI cruiser but decided I want to master it before going higher. There's a lot about the game I don't understand. Let's talk about the Arsenal.

I get Signals and Camouflages and Ships. But - are these Upgrades the same as what's in the Tech Tree for any given Ship? Apparently my Nurnberg has two slots each for Modules and Upgrades; if I want to mount a different module, I have to de-mount one I already have. Right? So... is it the same with an Arsenal upgrade? Is it possible to buy an upgrade that cannot be used on the ship I have? (If so... why isn't there a list of "Prerequisites" and a "How Do I Use This" blurb for each item in the Arsenal?)

Also... why is there a container full of... collectible cards? What's the point of Collections - can you trade them for something useful? If you collect an entire set of something... do you earn combat or economic advantage?

It takes forever to earn 17,000 coal - do I have to spend it on something just to find out what it is - or that I can't even use it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,910
[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,669 battles
On 6/8/2018 at 2:27 AM, JediMasterDraco said:

Whelp just got off the test server and I've got to say I like what I'm seeing with the Arsenal. Lot's of stuff available for purchase and it seems like I'll be working on building my coal and steel reserves. Sets of twenty flags range from 400 coal (Hotel Yankee) to 6,400 coal (Equal Speed Charlie London and Victor Lima) and I wonder if they'll add the Dragon flags on the live server. Certain camouflages are also available for coal and you can even get containers from old collections. Currently, my favorite option is the possibility of purchasing the consumable upgrades for 35k coal a piece; useful considering I've yet to get a single Hydro Search upgrade. Though I secretly dread finding out how much steel Flint and Black are going to cost me.

In other news, I love the Sakura Bloom (yes I know they changed the name, but I prefer the former name so that's what I'm going with) scenario. It's rather straightforward and a team of experienced players should be able to handle it easily. Word of warning, practice your WASD hacking because every ship you face is armed with torpedoes and they use them in massive swarms so make sure you have the premium consumable for Hydro Search if nothing else. Another bit, be careful at the end because from what I can tell, the last Myoko and Aoba keep respawning so keep your focus more on the airfields. Good luck out there.

Fantastic, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,087 posts
3,415 battles
11 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

I don't know if anyone will see this, but here goes. I'm fairly new to WOW, and it's my first game of its sort. I've worked up to a Tier VI cruiser but decided I want to master it before going higher. There's a lot about the game I don't understand. Let's talk about the Arsenal.

I get Signals and Camouflages and Ships. But - are these Upgrades the same as what's in the Tech Tree for any given Ship? Apparently my Nurnberg has two slots each for Modules and Upgrades; if I want to mount a different module, I have to de-mount one I already have. Right? So... is it the same with an Arsenal upgrade? Is it possible to buy an upgrade that cannot be used on the ship I have? (If so... why isn't there a list of "Prerequisites" and a "How Do I Use This" blurb for each item in the Arsenal?)

Also... why is there a container full of... collectible cards? What's the point of Collections - can you trade them for something useful? If you collect an entire set of something... do you earn combat or economic advantage?

It takes forever to earn 17,000 coal - do I have to spend it on something just to find out what it is - or that I can't even use it?

Collections get you fancy things for completing all or parts of it, like the ability to change camo colors, fly two flags instead of one, get special event camos, ect. You can see what you will get buy hovering the mouse over the crates. This can also be done with missions. 

The modules sold in the arsenal used to only be found in Super containers, but they basically upgrade consumables at the cost of a module you could have taken. For example you could buy the smoke generator mod I, but you would have to give up the popular Aiming systems mod 1 to use it. Still, its popular with ships that use crawling smoke (Perth, Haida, Huang He). If you can't buy the normal modules now, you just need to level more until you unlock it.  

 

Its up to you on how you want to use coal. Do you want a module now? Do you want to save up for one of those fancy endgame ships? Do you want to splurge on the New Years crates to get some fancy permanent camos from that? The world is your oyster. 

Spoiler

They look like this by the way. 

21afd87c-9308-11e7-9f66-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

441ba6f4-9301-11e7-be37-ac162d8bc1e4_120

 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
1 hour ago, Mather44 said:

I don't know if anyone will see this, but here goes. I'm fairly new to WOW, and it's my first game of its sort. I've worked up to a Tier VI cruiser but decided I want to master it before going higher. There's a lot about the game I don't understand. Let's talk about the Arsenal.

I get Signals and Camouflages and Ships. But - are these Upgrades the same as what's in the Tech Tree for any given Ship? Apparently my Nurnberg has two slots each for Modules and Upgrades; if I want to mount a different module, I have to de-mount one I already have. Right? So... is it the same with an Arsenal upgrade? Is it possible to buy an upgrade that cannot be used on the ship I have? (If so... why isn't there a list of "Prerequisites" and a "How Do I Use This" blurb for each item in the Arsenal?)

Also... why is there a container full of... collectible cards? What's the point of Collections - can you trade them for something useful? If you collect an entire set of something... do you earn combat or economic advantage?

It takes forever to earn 17,000 coal - do I have to spend it on something just to find out what it is - or that I can't even use it?

What @Yoshiblue said, but here is some more info on the Arsenal/Armory (it changes names to Armory on the next patch). You are at account level 15, so you have full access to all aspects of the game. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

 

Here is the wiki for Upgrades. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades 

There are three types, regular upgrades that you see in game.

Special upgrades that you can buy in the Arsenal. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Special_Upgrades

Unique Upgrades for T10 ships only and are specific to the ship (for future info). http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Unique_Upgrades_.28.22Legendary.22_Upgrades.29


Let's take a look at a specific example for your Nurnberg.

If you hover over or click on the Hydroacoustic Search Mod 1 in the Arsenal/Armory, you get the following info.

ZsSjDG9.jpg

The first part of the description tells you whether or not a particular mod will work on a particular ship. The mods are restricted for balance reasons as they would make some ship types too overpowered. In this case, it works on T6+ DDs and CL/CAs, except for some older event ships. Since your Nurnberg fits in that category, you could buy it and install it on your ship if you like. It would add +20% time to the Hydro consumable. BTW, here is the wiki on consumables, so you can see what each one does. Different nations and tiers have slightly different versions.  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables In the case of the Nurnberg, it has an action time of 110 seconds, so installing a Special Hydro Mod 1, would make the Nurnberg Hydro consumable last for 132 seconds. You can buy the Special Mod for 17,000 coal or use a coupon to make it 12,750 (see in spoiler tag below).

Spoiler

qtBjI8B.jpg

 

Most coupons, except for the ship coupon, refreshes every patch. The ship coupon refreshes every 6 or so months.

yn33ndF.jpg

 

 

Here is what it looks like if a Special mod is available for a particular slot (I had the Hydro installed on Prinz Eugen). Once a module is mounted, you can sell it to open the slot or demount it with doubloons. For Special and Unique mods, I would demount them with doubloons as if you sell them, you have to either rebuy them or in the case of the Unique mods, put in a support tkt to get it back. For the cheaper standard mods, less than 1M credits, I would sell them, but I usually demount the 1M+ credit mods with doubloons.

Spoiler

 

t5HgQZ7.jpg

 

The plus shows that a Special Mod can be installed there.

nDz2V56.jpg

 

 

 

Now let's talk collections. 

Here is an older article on collections. The newer collections have their own articles. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-guides/all-about-collections/

wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

You get rewards for collecting various groups of items in collections, one of which, is some T8 perma-camo that @Yoshiblue mentions above. Here are the current collections in the Arsenel/Armory. In your port, if you click on Profile (top middle under battle type) and then Collections (left side of next screen), you will see what collections you have active. By purchasing the boxes below, you can start a collection. Some collections can only be received from the collection boxes and others can be dropped in daily containers as well as their particular collection boxes. Once you buy your first set of boxes, check to see if the collection drops in Daily Containers. If it does, you can collect it over time instead of buying more boxes.

0b9c6254-5f76-11e8-9bdb-d89d6715223c.gif

 

Vive la France

The sub collections give out one use camos and completing the collection gets you the special French Commander Jean-Jacques Honore.  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

 

Dunkirk

The Dunkirk collection gets you the UK Special Cmdr Jack Dunkirk. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

 

The Hunt for Bismarck

This collection gets you two perma-camos for Bismarck.

 

2nd Anniversary

This collection gets you perma-camos for the RU DD Kiev, Fr CA Charles Martel, KM DD Z-23, US CA New Orleans and UK BB Monarch. The nice thing about these perma-camos is that you get +50% Cmdr XP and +50% FXP instead of the normal +50% XP. 

 

Battle of the North Cape

This collection gives you an alternate perma-camo for the premium UK BB Duke of York.

 

 

As for collecting coal, if you pick the More Resources containers for your Daily Containers, you will get 1,200 coal minimum if you collect all three Daily Containers in a day.  @Counter_Gambit and a few others have been tracking coal drops in the More Resources containers and you average 500 a container. So for 12,750 coal for a special upgrade with coupon (which refreshes every patch), you are looking at 26 or so Daily Containers.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

Also the Daily Chains reward 200 coal for each chain completed every day, so that is another 400 coal if you complete both in a day. Also events/missions have coal as rewards as well.

 

 

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask as most here are willing to help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

@Yoshiblue @Kizarvexis thank you very much for your replies; it helps a lot. I'm sorry I'd forgotten to check for responses; I wasn't even sure the forums are still active. (Like I said, new to all of this.) I've been to a lot that aren't. I think I've got it set up now to notify me - I assume by email... 

Anyway I've met a tiny number of very helpful members, one of whom went way above and beyond to set up a training room for me to practice using AP. On the other hand, as you all can probably confirm, I've met a ton of buttheads. One of them even sent multiple messages after a game was over, belittling me by going on and on how my less-than-stellar game statistics prove I can't possibly know what I'm talking about when it comes to tactics - despite my own military service and 30+years of military history studies. The game doesn't load me in at all (about 1 in 10 matches); or too late to do any good (another 1 in 10); or I get decimated in the first ten seconds of the opening rounds, often from ships I can't even see (3 in 10); or I'm pressing the wrong key and so can't avoid the kill shots; or plain old dumb luck in terms of who's on each team and local numerical superiority in a given firefight; on and on. All of it negatively impacts our stats. 

Nothing torques me like players who bash their teams in chat, especially publicly like this guy did because he didn't like the strategy another ally used to assist in the cap. I defended the sound tactics - and this guy harassed me for it. We WON and he bitched.

I finally realized I could blacklist him - but he's under my skin. That's rare. I want to be a better player and I've watched a lot of videos that occasionally help a little (not a very good return on the time spent). The training room guy was a godsend. I'm hoping I can learn a lot about improving my record by reading through these forum topics.

And I'd like to help others get better too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

@Yoshiblue @Kizarvexis thank you very much for your replies; it helps a lot. I'm sorry I'd forgotten to check for responses; I wasn't even sure the forums are still active. (Like I said, new to all of this.) I've been to a lot that aren't. I think I've got it set up now to notify me - I assume by email... 

Anyway I've met a tiny number of very helpful members, one of whom went way above and beyond to set up a training room for me to practice using AP. On the other hand, as you all can probably confirm, I've met a ton of buttheads. One of them even sent multiple messages after a game was over, belittling me by going on and on how my less-than-stellar game statistics prove I can't possibly know what I'm talking about when it comes to tactics - despite my own military service and 30+years of military history studies. The game doesn't load me in at all (about 1 in 10 matches); or too late to do any good (another 1 in 10); or I get decimated in the first ten seconds of the opening rounds, often from ships I can't even see (3 in 10); or I'm pressing the wrong key and so can't avoid the kill shots; or plain old dumb luck in terms of who's on each team and local numerical superiority in a given firefight; on and on. All of it negatively impacts our stats. 

Nothing torques me like players who bash their teams in chat, especially publicly like this guy did because he didn't like the strategy another ally used to assist in the cap. I defended the sound tactics - and this guy harassed me for it. We WON and he bitched.

I finally realized I could blacklist him - but he's under my skin. That's rare. I want to be a better player and I've watched a lot of videos that occasionally help a little (not a very good return on the time spent). The training room guy was a godsend. I'm hoping I can learn a lot about improving my record by reading through these forum topics.

And I'd like to help others get better too.

You are welcome. 

Some RL tactics work, like fixing the red teams attention and then attacking from the flank. But some other stuff does not. In RL, every Adm wanted to cross the T. In WoWs, you can bounce rounds that strike an angle and BB AP rounds that hit your belt flat, will likely penetrate. The ranges in the game are compressed, so that battles don't take a long time. WG also did not adjust the AP pen, so you hit harder in game. Angling and bow tanking are some of the big strategies in the game.

 

Note, completing the Directives for this patch, will give you a LOT of coal. You can get 20,500 coal just from the Directives/Missions this patch. See the thread below for more info.

 

IMPORTANT: There is a free Cmdr reset, retraining and module demount this weekend. Do take advantage of it to change any Cmdrs and ships that are sub-optimal.

 

 

 

BTW, you can get perma-camo for the T6 Pensacola, T6 La Galissoniere, T7 New Orleans, T7 Algerie, T8 Baltimore, T8 Charles Martel, T9 Buffalo and T9 Saint-Louis just by completing the 4 Directives this patch. That is 20,000 doubloons worth of perma-camo which is worth $82 if you bought 20k dubs in the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

Thanks, @Kizarvexis. In this case, it was the former sort of tactic - a distraction causing the red CV to divert his planes from resetting the cap. 

When you talk about "Directives" - are you referring to Campaign tasks? And I'm not clear on the context of "patch." At first I thought you meant something about patches and insignia, but I'm sure I misunderstood...

Edited by Mather44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

What I'm getting from the Collections article is that most of them will be useless to me as a Nurnberg player. I can't assign a British captain to it, for example. Right? I have partially completed Belle Epoche and Naval Aviation Collections just as a result of regular play. For example, I have 15 of the 16 items in Naval Aviation but I don't see anything saying what the reward is for completing it. What's my incentive? And even if I wanted to complete it, what would I have to do? Isn't it just a random part of a given Container? (That is to say, supposing I don't have duplicates to trade to complete it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
26 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

Thanks, @Kizarvexis. In this case, it was the former sort of tactic - a distraction causing the red CV to divert his planes from resetting the cap. 

When you talk about "Directives" - are you referring to Campaign tasks? And I'm not clear on the context of "patch." At first I thought you meant something about patches and insignia, but I'm sure I misunderstood...

In the thread above, scroll down to the Fly! Strike! Win! section to see the four Directives this month. You can also view them in game in the upper left corner under the Fly! Strike! Win! banner. You have 10 Missions and completing 6 of them completes the Directive. Lots of goodies this month for completing the Directives.

 

Patch is another word for update. On April 1st, update (patch) 8.2 started. Update 8.3 is in testing and should drop Wed, April 24th. Each update changes parts of the game that need tweaking and introduce new stuff. For example, update 8.2 released the full UK CV line and the current Space Battles.

 

12 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

What I'm getting from the Collections article is that most of them will be useless to me as a Nurnberg player. I can't assign a British captain to it, for example. Right? I have partially completed Belle Epoche and Naval Aviation Collections just as a result of regular play. For example, I have 15 of the 16 items in Naval Aviation but I don't see anything saying what the reward is for completing it. What's my incentive? And even if I wanted to complete it, what would I have to do? Isn't it just a random part of a given Container? (That is to say, supposing I don't have duplicates to trade to complete it.)

While you can not put a UK Cmdr on Nurnberg, you can put him on a UK ship.

 

If you go to the collection section under your profile, you can hover over the reward section to see what you get. The sub-collection reward is just to the right of the collection in the lower right and the main reward is above that.

 

The Naval Aviation collection final reward is a permanent camo for the T8 CV Implacable. You can no longer get the containers for that collection, so if you do not have 5 duplicates, you will have to wait for the containers to come to the Armory and that can take a while (year-ish).

Here's the article on the Naval Aviation collection. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/fly-strike-win/

 

Here's the article on the Belle Epoque collection. You can set this collection to drop in daily containers on the Belle Epoque collection in game. Set the slider to Collect. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/belle-epoque-collection/

 

Do branch out into other nations as you will see how they play, so you can counter act them. Also I find each nation fun in its own way. You may find that you like playing another nation as much fun as the Nurnberg. You also have a broader base of ships to complete missions and tasks. @Ensign_Cthulhu can wax poetic about how branching out to other nations really helps your game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

Thank you, @Kizarvexis - your explanations are helpful to me. I'm beginning to see just how much information I'm overlooking on any given screen, because I wasn't grasping that it's trying to tell me something. I thought the "reward section" was just a decorative icon, for example.

You've already pointed me to articles on various topics; I wish I could figure out how to browse all the available articles. I'd like to find one on using the targeting reticle for example. Not the actual reticle; I get that - but the other bits of information. The thing at the center while in battle that looks like a sight aperature but changes color and graphic design based on what I'm pointing it at... I think? the tiny stopwatch marker on its left that measures seconds... for some reason... on and on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
5 hours ago, Mather44 said:

Thank you, @Kizarvexis - your explanations are helpful to me. I'm beginning to see just how much information I'm overlooking on any given screen, because I wasn't grasping that it's trying to tell me something. I thought the "reward section" was just a decorative icon, for example.

You've already pointed me to articles on various topics; I wish I could figure out how to browse all the available articles. I'd like to find one on using the targeting reticle for example. Not the actual reticle; I get that - but the other bits of information. The thing at the center while in battle that looks like a sight aperature but changes color and graphic design based on what I'm pointing it at... I think? the tiny stopwatch marker on its left that measures seconds... for some reason... on and on...

Here's some info on the combat screens.

 

Here are some battle screens and I will describe the various things. First off, the stuff that is on every battle screen depends on the Controls settings you have enabled. Here is what I have to get this setup (you get this by clicking on the gears in the upper left of the port screen or by tapping escape in battle. I highly suggest you do this in port.

Yj3cEiJ.jpg

A lot of these are already selected for you, but there are some you will want to tweak yourself. Leave the Track the locked target (upper middle) on, as when you have targetted someone your guns will automatically track laterally without you having to move the mouse. You have to do your own vertical tracking of the target.

Select Crosshair in the middle, lets you pick the type and style of crosshair you want. Dynamic is better than static at higher tiers. It takes time to learn the lead on both of them, so pick one you like (recommended is dynamic) and stick with it.

 

One the bottom left if the terrain hit indicator, a yellow circle and sound will show up when you are close to running into an island (more info in the scenario pic below). Collision avoidance will turn your ship for you, but it does not account for who is aiming at you, so you probably want to keep that one off. Alternative interface, turn this to full to get the most details on enemy ships without having to hit alt all the time.

 

In the bottom middle, rotate minimap, rotates it to put your ship direction on top.

Always check Show both main battery and TTs (torpedo tubes) load indicators as this will tell you how long before those weapons are loaded.

Always check Show smoke screen boundaries, so you see a circle on the water of where the smoke puff ends. Multiple smoke puffs will overlap.

 

On the bottom right, always check Show smoke screen timer. If you are in smoke, even if your ship doesn't have smoke, you will see how long the smoke will last.

Counter for damage upon you spotting and Counter for potential damage, check these if you are keeping track for some tasks, but you don't really need them if you don't want.

 

On the upper right, you can reset the keys from the defaults to different keys if you want.

 

Now on to the battle screens.

wYMiG7t.jpg

 

Upper left is your FPS and ping times, you only really need these for seeing if your connection is causing problems. Higher FPS is better and lower ping ms (milliseconds) is better.

In the middle are the team line up, battle mode and team scores. Green is your team and red is the enemy team. If an icon is filled in, the ship is alive, if it's blacked out, it is dead. This is a Standard battle, so each box represents your base. In Domination mode, the caps will be listed. When you are capping or they are capping, the boxes will turn up into diamonds and the colors will start to change to show how much of the base/cap circle, is capped. Getting hit while capping or hitting an enemy ship that is capping will reset some of the cap progress. The bars and numbers show the team scores, 1000 is an auto win and 0 is an auto loss.

On the upper right are the battle count down timer (18 min 15 sec left), the help F1 notice and where your ribbons, damage/potential damage, spotting damage counters will appear.

 

In the middle is you target reticle (the green circle which is a dot when a ship is not targeted). The 8.73s is the flight time for my main guns to the target. the range is how far away the guns are pointing and the range with the triangle is when the target will spot me by sea. In this case, the target is coming at me and I want to aim a little short as the guns have a 8.73 second flight time where I and the target will close the distance. Where to lead and by how much comes with practice and the crosshair when zoomed in can help with that. The two lines are the first part of the crosshair and if I zoom more, it would show up.

 

The bottom left has the chat, and ship info.

To chat, hit enter. Be careful about typing before the chat window is open as you will be controlling the ship. When the chat window is open any keystrokes appear there instead of controlling the ship. So if you see aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in chat, someone was trying to turn to port, but the chat window was open capturing them holding down a.

H brings up your ship ranges for weapons, spotting and the like, so hold H to see them and release to have it go away.

The ship is filled with green when you are pretty healthy, yellow when pretty damaged and red when getting close to 0 HP. If you have a heal on your ship, the colors will change back when your health goes up. the numbers are the amount of health left (green) and the total amount of health (white).

The compass rose shows your heading N, S, E, W and the weapon icons on the ship. I have three main gun turrets and if I had torps, there would be a square for torps. The weapons are numbered front to back, left to right as you will see on another screenshot below. Green icons are weapons that can fire towards the target reticle and orange can not.  There will be little green and orange dots around the compass rose showing where the various guns/torps are pointing.

The ship speed settings are to the right of the compass rose and are changed with W and S (not case sensitive). You start battle stopped. Hit W once, and the speed setting will change to 1/4. Hit W again and it will go to 1/2. Hit S and it will back down to 1/4. When stopped, hitting W four times will take you to full speed and hitting S once will put you in reverse. You can be going at full speed and hit S 5 times and you will have set reverse. Once you slow to a stop, the ship will start reversing. If you are reversing, hitting W at least twice will set going forward and once you slow to a stop in reverse, your ship will start going forward. Every ship has a different speed in knots (kts) at different speed settings, besides stop, which will be 0 kts once stopped.

 

In the bottom middle are your weapons (numbered) and consumables (letters). Tapping a number will switch to that weapon. In the case of torpedoes, you can tap 3 again to toggle between wide and narrow/single torp spreads. The green bars are the counters for your weapons. When the colors are full, the weapon can fire. Green are weapons that are pointing at the target and orange are not pointed at the target. When they are reloading, if you have the timer set in settings above, you will see a countdown of seconds until the weapon is ready to fire. The numbers on the consumables are the numbers of charges you have left and when it is blacked out, you are out of charges. Damage control (DC, fire extinguisher) almost always has infinite charges (some exceptions like the T5 RU BB Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, OR for short) and weapons have infinite charges. Wiki on consumables. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables

 

The bottom right is the mini-map. Work on checking it all the time to see what is going on. That is a skill that will take time to learn.

The map is broken up into a grid that is lettered and numbered. You are the arrow head and you can see I'm in the SW corner of D8. My target is in G7 right on the border of G8. Green icons are my team and red icons are ships that are spotted by me or someone on the team. The white lines and dashed lines in circles around me show the ranges of various things, which we will cover in a bit. The gears to the right above the minimap are the miinimap settings. You are account level 11, so you can not use the Training room yet. I would check them at the beginning of a battle in co-op real quick as in battle is the only place to play with them. Or if you die in battle, you can play with them as well. You can make the minimap larger and smaller with the + and - keys. You can also make it more or less opaque in the minimap settings. The grey triangle based at your ship, is your viewing range you see in game, i.e. the full screen.

The names on the ships is a setting in the gears as well as the ship in H4 that is greyed out. It was spotted and now is not, so it's last position is shown until it is spotted again. Very useful setting to enable.

Note the circle in F6. That is a catapult plane from a ship. The ship is unspotted, but the plane can be spotted so it is shown. You know there is a ship near that plane.

You can set what circles show ranges for various items for you ship in the mini-map settings. In my case, the outer ring is my current main gun range. My range at which I am spotted by sea is 13.7km which is the dashed line in the middle. I usually don't bother with the range I'm spotted with by air. It is good to do for DDs though. The inner ring is my secondary guns range. For ships with torps, you will have a range ring for the torps. You can set your AA range rings, you consumable range rings (Hydro & RADAR), etc in the minimap settings.

 

Here is a pic from 12 seconds later, so lets discuss the changes.

rwIhnNF.jpg

The FPS is unchanged, so let's go to the top middle. The scores have went up by 4 each from the first pic as neither base is being capped. I destroyed 20 AA gun mounts on the Alabama with my 4 HE hits.

The top right is showing another spotted ribbon as I was the first to spot the NC behind the Alabama. Note, if either ship goes dark long enough, the spotting ribbon can be earned again by whoever spots it first. The 4 hits, see the icons middle right, did 3,762 damage. If I had the potential damage and spotting damage, those numbers would appear here as well. The 4 hits will be registered as ribbons with the spotting ribbons above. The icons show 4 penetrating hits, 1 shatter (shell broke on the armor), no over penetrations (over pens is the one with two armor slabs and the shell going through both) and no ricochets.  I was firing HE as I wanted to damage AA and Secondary gun modules for the mission.

I have zoomed in, so the crosshair is visible. The numbers are seconds of flight time to a particular range (static or dynamic reticle - the static reticle is calibrated (approx.) for a 20 kt. US BB, the dynamic reticle is calibrated for a 30 knot ship from this excellent post by @hangglide42 https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/114524-wows-enjoyment-matching-you-to-shipscaptain-skilsmodule-upgrades-pt-1-ships-shooting/)

You will also note, I have been detected and the PT skill shows I'm targeted by two ships.

 

In the bottom left, you can see all the guns are orange as they can not shoot at the target. You can also see my zoomed in viewpoint. 

 

In the bottom middle, my front guns are reloading and since I have that time setting checked, they show 20 seconds left to load. The rear turret can still not range on the target, but it is fully loaded.

 

On the minimap, you will notice that they spot by see dashed line has went out to the max gun range of 21.1km as I just fired. For 20 seconds after firing main guns, your detection is the range of your guns. Then it drops back down to you normal detection, depending on smoke, fires burning, etc. Notice that the ship that was detected in G4 and had the last know position marked as a grey icon, is now spotted again, but a new ship in F6 is now unspotted and marked by it's last position. That ship in F6 is the one that launched the plane. The plane circles around the ship and now is somewhere behind it and it is unspotted as well as the ship being unspotted.

 

Here is a pic from 5 seconds later. 

 

7FkfDaI.jpg

Since I destroyed more than three modules, I did 20 AA guns, I completed the task and it pops up for a few seconds to let me know. The scores just went up by 2 as the bases are still not being capped. The different modes have different score timing schedules, but the Battle Modes wiki covers that. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes

 

As you are collecting ribbons, they will count up in that middle right spot. When there is a break, they will be added to the total at the top. So fast firing ships can keep the ribbons in that middle right spot until they take a break. For BBs, by the time your guns reload, they will be moved to the top. In fact, the 0 shell ribbon that is greyed out by the spotting ribbon, is the ribbons starting to be updated.

 

Note, the ship in F6 is still unspotted, but the plane has come back into view and it is spotted. This is pre-CV rework, so planes could not hide behind islands.

 

 

Here is another pic from the Narai Scenario. I will explain things that are different. Ignore the T7 Akatsuki DD flying in the air to dodge torps as this was some secret testing of a proposed  DD buff (not really,  but a funny graphics glitch). 

eNPwVKk.jpg

On the top left, you can see that the tasks to complete in a Scenario are listed.

 

The top middle only shows the human team and the counter is who many troops we need to land for the main objective. The greyed out diamond is the troops landing or not indicator. We have 2,350 troops on the transports and need to land 2,000 of them. It will turn green as the troops are landing showing how many are ashore. Other Scenarios may have similar counters for their objectives.

 

The upper right has the ribbons earned so far in battle and the damage and potential damage counters.

The ribbons are from top left, going right, Spotted x5, shell hits x 71, Secondary hits x8, Incapacitations x9, Fires x3, Kills x4, Floods x3, Torp hits x3, Bunkers destroyed x1. You will only see bunkers in scenarios. If you look to the middle and slightly left of center, you can see Earl in H10, which is a bunker with a little less than half health.

 

In the middle, you will note I am detected, but since this Cmdr is also using the PT skill, I am not currently targeted. I am targeting the T6 Dallas CL to the left middle and the anchor in a diamond is our current objective (which is the white line in from of my ship). The orange torp symbol near the flying DD shows that there are torps near me to the left front, but they will currently miss me if I don't change course or speed. If it was red, then the torps would be very likely to hit and I should see if I need to dodge them.

 

In the bottom left, you can see my ARP Haguro (T7 Myoko CA clone) is pretty damaged and you can see the squares of the torpedo tubes. The orange band shows that I am currently headed to hit land and as I get closer, it will move to the middle of the screen. The top line of weapon counters are my torp reload counters and the bottom are my 5 gun turrets. You can see I have AP selected and I am using the narrow torp spread. By tapping 3, I can switch to torps and then toggle the spread to narrow or wide. I am using premium DC, premium Hydro and regular plane consumables.

 

In the bottom left, the minimap shows my gun range of 15.6km, my detect range as the dashed line and the torp range of 10km.

 

If you have any questions, let me know.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts

omg @Kizarvexis you put so much work into that; I appreciate it more than I can say. But I'm having such an awful weekend afk that I can't study it just now. I won't have any moe questions for a while. Thank you so much, sir --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,689 posts
9,312 battles
1 minute ago, Mather44 said:

omg @Kizarvexis you put so much work into that; I appreciate it more than I can say. But I'm having such an awful weekend afk that I can't study it just now. I won't have any moe questions for a while. Thank you so much, sir --

You are welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×