You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

This game needs China emblems...

30 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,011 posts
10,144 battles

Wait, people actually care about emblems? :Smile_amazed:

Members
777 posts

I would prefer that my Anshan had PLAN markings and the Captain a PLAN uniform and rank. Same for ROC DDs

Pan Asian?    That Mainland market for online games must be tough...

Members
828 posts
6,341 battles
19 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

Because China had a huge [edited]navy during ww2...:Smile_amazed:

Lol it's not ships being asked though

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

Please, give me an emblem of a dragon or 5 star red flag. kkthx

emblems -- EMBLEMS!...he means badges...

Members
4,315 posts
7,014 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Wait, people actually care about emblems? :Smile_amazed:

Why would that be a surprise?  People like different things - it is what is supposed to be good about people in general.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
755 posts
6,487 battles

Wouldn't the nationalist china flag be more appropriate for this time period then the current communist flag? 

You are right we need the nationalist flag!

[HE]
Members
514 posts
8,849 battles
43 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Then I want an emblem saying `Taiwan Number One`

Number one province in China? Shanghai and Peking might disagree. 

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
411 posts
6,439 battles
14 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

And what if they do?

[WOLF5]
Members
662 posts
23,370 battles
2 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

You do know that the Peoples Republic of China didn't exist until Sept 21, 1949. That puts it well outside of the WWII time period that WoWS is supposed to based on. 

[HE]
Members
514 posts
8,849 battles
12 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

You do know that the Peoples Republic of China didn't exist until Sept 21, 1949. That puts it well outside of the WWII time period that WoWS is supposed to based on. 

Not sure why this matters.

There are many ships in this game that were not WW2 ships.

Ie, Des Moines, many high tier soviet ships, many WW I dreadnoughts  

[WOLF5]
Members
662 posts
23,370 battles
2 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Not sure why this matters.

There are many ships in this game that were not WW2 ships.

Ie, Des Moines, many high tier soviet ships, many WW I dreadnoughts  

I'm not trying to stir the political pot of Taiwan vs China, just point out that the PRoC didn't exist during the time that most of the ships in WoWS were designed. Since the game gives the illusion that this is WWI-WWII era game (hence no missiles/jets from the Korean era), to interject the want of a flag from those countries regardless of political issues is outside the time frame intended by the game. 

As for the ships, that's sort of incorrect. Yes most of the soviet ships are not from the WWII era, but that's more because they really didn't have a blue water navy for WWII, so in order for them to have a presence in the game there are alot of paper designs. There are a few other ships at T-X that are also outside of the timeframe that were added to finish out their respective lines (Mino/ Henry). Most of the other ships from T-V on either participated in WWII or were designed during that time. The Des Moines was ordered on 9/25/1943. 

[HE]
Members
514 posts
8,849 battles
12 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

I'm not trying to stir the political pot of Taiwan vs China, just point out that the PRoC didn't exist during the time that most of the ships in WoWS were designed. Since the game gives the illusion that this is WWI-WWII era game (hence no missiles/jets from the Korean era), to interject the want of a flag from those countries regardless of political issues is outside the time frame intended by the game. 

As for the ships, that's sort of incorrect. Yes most of the soviet ships are not from the WWII era, but that's more because they really didn't have a blue water navy for WWII, so in order for them to have a presence in the game there are alot of paper designs. There are a few other ships at T-X that are also outside of the timeframe that were added to finish out their respective lines (Mino/ Henry). Most of the other ships from T-V on either participated in WWII or were designed during that time. The Des Moines was ordered on 9/25/1943. 

DM was commissioned 16 November 1948. I've been on USS Salem. She was a beauty.  

Edited by Plaatduutsch

WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
169 posts
8,790 battles

After that huge clownfiesta about the various pan asian flags being introduced, I'm not sure "China Emblems" are the way to go.

Members
10 posts
9 hours ago, killsbane67 said:

Because China had a huge [edited]navy during ww2...:Smile_amazed:

Indeed! I have always been confused about that 'Pan Asian' line of ships! I do not think it 'Pans" Asia because None of the Countries mentioned had more than fishing boats and the only country that has a very long Maritime naval tradition and history, India, does not get a mention? Wikipedia and the Royal Naval historians both record the establishment of the Indian navy sometime in the 1600s. That is before that Japanese, American and Russian Navies. Though the Indian Navy was never a major power till the 1900s, it was a very important component of the British fleet and by the middle of the 1900s, it was equipped with all major types of naval weapons platforms from Submarines to Aircraft carriers. China began to buy ships for its navy and manufacture them a few weeks ago in comparison. While India has been manufacturing Ships of Russian, British, and its' own design for decades. The Chinese Navy has just recently laid the keel for its' Aircraft carrier whereas The Indians have been operating carriers for decades and decades before the Chinese. While I dont expect very accurate Historical details in a game, this kind of a discrepancy is jarring even for me. And my History is kind of not up there. I Think a whole "Indian Line" in the Tech tree is highly possible and could be quite good fun...

[RKLES]
Members
8,876 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

See the source image

Odd that it is year of the dog, since Corgi Fleet is no longer doing events. :Smile_sad:

We officially sailed our last event this past winter, but I still proudly and defiantly fly my Corgi Fleet Flag on my ships and as long as I sail Corgi Fleet will not die or be forgotten! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

Members
828 posts
6,341 battles
2 minutes ago, Boomslanger said:

Indeed! I have always been confused about that 'Pan Asian' line of ships! I do not think it 'Pans" Asia because None of the Countries mentioned had more than fishing boats and the only country that has a very long Maritime naval tradition and history, India, does not get a mention? Wikipedia and the Royal Naval historians both record the establishment of the Indian navy sometime in the 1600s. That is before that Japanese, American and Russian Navies. Though the Indian Navy was never a major power till the 1900s, it was a very important component of the British fleet and by the middle of the 1900s, it was equipped with all major types of naval weapons platforms from Submarines to Aircraft carriers. China began to buy ships for its navy and manufacture them a few weeks ago in comparison. While India has been manufacturing Ships of Russian, British, and its' own design for decades. The Chinese Navy has just recently laid the keel for its' Aircraft carrier whereas The Indians have been operating carriers for decades and decades before the Chinese. While I dont expect very accurate Historical details in a game, this kind of a discrepancy is jarring even for me. And my History is kind of not up there. I Think a whole "Indian Line" in the Tech tree is highly possible and could be quite good fun...

unfortunately india was not even its own country until after ww2.

• Funny 1