Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
anonym_3PcbQIcaagnb

Is the Tier 4 BB worth grinding for?

14 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,809 posts
2,742 battles

I am interested in this as well.  The gun layout looks fairly appealing.

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

I'm just going to say that the Turenne is a little rough to grind but the rewards of better ships is worth it. Courbet isn't the best but is a deadly striking force as i have gone against it and other high teir French BBs. Tip for playing them: Beef up your secondaries to kill stuff at close range. DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT show your broadside to the enemy. The french BBs might have deadly broadsides but they are easy to citadel at range if broadside is shown. Secondaries are just as powerful as KM BBs

Edited by Ace6steel

[WOLFA]
Members
626 posts
4,070 battles

The Courbet and the tier 5 Bretagne are the worst of the worst in that line. If you can suffer through them and get to the Normandie it is all worth it.

That ship is pretty awesome.:Smile_izmena:

[TBW]
Members
7,185 posts
13,316 battles

To tell you the truth I don't even remember playing that one, maybe I didn't, but I own it.

[NAUTY]
Members
536 posts

Agreed....lower tier Francua bb's..were quite painful to grind..but I'm halfway through normandy..and she kix some serious Baguette!!!

Members
1,802 posts
9,511 battles

Hey

Normandie going forward is a breath of fresh air, the line gets much better.  Lyon is so much fun, and I really enjoy the Richelieu, as do I enjoy my Gascogne (premium).  I am sitting at Alsace and it's good but still getting used to it and it's smaller guns per it's ter.  

Pete

[RST]
Members
180 posts
17,188 battles

I always say you should learn from the mistakes from before. So purchase the ship. I am just starting on the ship myself. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,809 posts
2,742 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, CorradoG60 said:

The Courbet and the tier 5 Bretagne are the worst of the worst in that line. If you can suffer through them and get to the Normandie it is all worth it.

That ship is pretty awesome.:Smile_izmena:

So you're saying that if I already have the Normandie and Lyon, which I do, I should skip the Tier III and IV ships?

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

I think grinding for a t4 BB teaches you a lot about the line and opinions on the ship will vary greatly.  I would just tell you to manage expectations as no t4 is ever going to have the accuracy of a t10.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,685 posts

I got Lyon, Bretagne, and Normandie from missions, and started playing the line at Lyon.  (I could only afford to outfit one, and had only 1 good captain)  LOVE that ship!

Recently, I fitted out Normandie and took it out.  Also an awesome ship, and tough as nails- seriously, these French BB's return from the dead more often than Lazerus.

Only downside to it is lame AA compared to Lyons. 

Now I was curious:  Were the low tier ones this fun?   So I bought Turenne, fitted it out, and played it.   Yep, this one is a beast, too.   Has the same French BB qualities as it's higher tier sisters:  Toughness;  very good secondaries, and SLOWWWW turret traverse.   It's fun to play, and works just as well played aggressively as the others.  I'm thinking I'll keep this one, too, for a tier 3 romper alongside So-Cal and Nassau.

Looking forward to the tier 4.

I did not like Richelieu.  Not a fan of that turret arrangement, and with only 2 of them it really shows off the poor dispersion of the French Quad turrets.  It does, however share the other French perks:  Secondaries; AA; and toughness.  Plus it's FAST.    I'm just biding my time until Alsace.

So, I'd say- even if you find the tier 4 and 5's to be meh- keep grinding, the tier 6 and up are worth it!

[NAUTY]
Members
536 posts
On 6/9/2018 at 8:04 PM, Helstrem said:

So you're saying that if I already have the Normandie and Lyon, which I do, I should skip the Tier III and IV ships?

I think thats always advisable. The lower tier ships are always disappointing to they're higher tier brethren....and rightfully so..they're lower tier...

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,809 posts
2,742 battles
7 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

I think thats always advisable. The lower tier ships are always disappointing to they're higher tier brethren....and rightfully so..they're lower tier...

Hmm.  Wyoming is really good, Orion is really good.  I don't think being low tier precludes a ship from being good as it isn't a matter of how it stacks up to a Yamato or what have you, it is about how it stacks up to its peers and some lower tier ships have been favorites.

Sign in to follow this