You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Desmios

Trading in my Shitakaze?

25 comments in this topic

Members
565 posts
2,837 battles

Hey all, my T10 IJN DD, the Shitakaze, is losing value with each patch as more and more radar is put into the game. 

Its pretty sad and makes me wonder if any devs actually play it. Is there a way I can get all my exp/credits back I spent getting T10 in that line?  

Thanks all.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 11

[H_]
Members
1,708 posts

No, I doubt it.   Yes, the OP Radar and He meta is still on-going....  Wait a bit.  I think it's just a cycle till the next meta/op craze hits and then, some ships affected will have a role again.  I don't play mine much anymore for the same reasons...

It will change!  Be patient.......

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles

Looking forward to the new module and the next captain respec, but frankly, I don't think this radar is going to go anywhere anytime soon. Probably the whole summer like this. Things won't calm down til people go back to school in the early fall. But even then, WG will have introduced two whole lines of radar botes, which will increase the overall amount of radar in the game.

So do what the devs obviously want, and get out of DDs and into BBs. 

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

Cruiser numbers are coming down rapidly.  If you cannot handle Radar may be BBs are more your style.

[ARP2]
Members
1,358 posts
3,637 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

Cruiser numbers are coming down rapidly.  If you cannot handle Radar may be BBs are more your style.

Pretty much.  Once the new shiny thing craziness dies down, I suspect we'll start seeing fewer cruisers in games again.  

That said, I don't think the shimakaze will ever be back on top.  People have gotten pretty good at avoiding torpedoes and you really need good guns to take on other destroyers.  

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
5,642 posts
9,424 battles

That self-entitled tone is pointless.

Adjust your playstyle. When next I run Shimakaze it'll be more to bait reds into using radar on me when I'm less than 1km from escaping.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
34 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Hey all, my T10 IJN DD, the Shitakaze, is losing value with each patch as more and more radar is put into the game. 

Its pretty sad and makes me wonder if any devs actually play it. Is there a way I can get all my exp/credits back I spent getting T10 in that line?  

Thanks all.

Shimakaze aint a bad ship. Got actually buffed not even a month ago, so your statement is false. 

But, the forum is here to help you. Have you turned on the following settings on the minimap; last known ship position and ship name?
It is obligatory to have these ones turned on when playing in the medium to high tiers. These settings are a great help to give a good indication of where you need be cautious. 
Also RPF is a good skill, but not required, otherwise go wide berth around islands to spot possible radar ships for your team.

At last I give you a link for more information regarding radar:
http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Surveillance_Radar

Take a shower to get rid of the salt, read these tips and try again! Ending on top every single game is difficult, but being a good spotter will help your team definitely and will bring more wins. You can do this OP :)

EDIT: Let me add to this that Shimakaze is a very capable ship of removing annoying radaring island-hugging cruisers. 

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,894 posts
8,729 battles

I am actually improving in this boat, because I stopped going way out and capping early against radar craft. its is time for team play and as long as teams talk and fight together , this ship will get better and better in credits. The ship is fine, the changes are fine, its your play style that needs adjustment.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
49 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Thanks all.

More radar ships don't automaticaly mean the inrease of their amount in every battle, in a shortterm maybe.  
When the ship is buffed, do we need to increase the cost in credits and exp? The situation in game is changing all the time, but if we talk about Shimakaze, the ship was buffed in 0.7.4.   
We play, and we see how sometimes is hard to defeat enemy Shima. But it couldn't be the reason for changes. Only statistics and users feedback can be used. If we see a problem with any ship, we make special changes. 
We don't have an ingame Bourse here to change prices, there is no need to.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,412 posts
4,551 battles

what she need is a radar jammer that can be use for 30 second every 5 min whenever someone pop radar. at least this will make her at least more playable

• Cool 2

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles

Can I trade in my Midway and Hakuryu while we're at it? I could use the several million free exp it'd get me from those lines..

[4TAC]
Members
882 posts
4,158 battles
24 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

what she need is a radar jammer that can be use for 30 second every 5 min whenever someone pop radar. at least this will make her at least more playable

radar jammer?:Smile_great: NOW THERE IS AN IDEA

[RLGN]
Members
9,784 posts
19,296 battles

I always thought Shima was a long-range torpie anyway, why is Radar even an issue for it?

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
21 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I always thought Shima was a long-range torpie anyway, why is Radar even an issue for it?

With upgrades and captain's skills the Shima torps can be seen from 2.4, 2.3, and 2.2 K away; long range torping is dead.

[SIDE]
Members
2,022 posts
55 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Cuz gripe threads need a cause. For now it’s radar. It’s a simple mechanic even if it is flawed. Requires more awareness than before. Make some simple adjustments. If you cant’  then try another type of ship. This has been said hundreds of times.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
338 posts
4,443 battles

Long range torping is great when the BB are camped they can't move as they watch  my torpedoes slam into them

Members
1,745 posts
11,091 battles

They buffed the Shima a little because they knew they were going to nerf the crap out of it with all the new radar.

Some are saying that less people will be playing cruisers once the hype is over. This isn't going to solve the problem because now with so many radar cruisers available, more players will choose to play them instead. 

WG doesn't play IJN DDs by the looks of it.

[HE]
Members
176 posts
2,241 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

That self-entitled tone is pointless.

Adjust your playstyle. When next I run Shimakaze it'll be more to bait reds into using radar on me when I'm less than 1km from escaping.

I guess you haven’t played a game where enemy team has 7 radars 

[AP]
Members
1,230 posts
13,096 battles

fyi, changing something's nickname so it contained s__t is how i got my one and only forum strike

now you put it in your title......

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,870 posts
10,876 battles

Mine still works fine, just have to not suicide into caps with it.

In a match with 1/3rd of each team radar equipped. Worst thing was, being the nearest ship to a fellow Shimakaze driver that also had RPF, but I guess that was mutual.

I've actually been disappointed in all the radar cruisers in randoms right now. I was expecting more out of them, but if they use their radar, everyone's hiding behind a rock so nobody gets shot.  

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Because breaking forum rules will definitely get you what you want.

How is it against forum rules to post a very strong opinion about broken class balance?

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,870 posts
10,876 battles
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

How is it against forum rules to post a very strong opinion about broken class balance?

Complaining is not against the rules, hiding profanities in your titles and posts is. All in the details.